Thread: Need help with B/M Sport 20 kit to FE

Default Need help with B/M Sport 20 kit to FE

The sport 20 kit from Blazer Marine framing is designed for Nitro racing out of the box and according to the instructions manual. I want to run this sport 20 kit as a FE spec class boat. The spec class rules specifies the use of the Aqua Craft UL-1 Superior Brushless motor w/motor mount and using two 2 cell lipos. I realize that I need help to modify and revise the framing to accomidate for the two lipos just as a starting point. If anybody can help me get started on the right foot before I start modifying anything would be very much appreciated. Pics would be helpful too if available.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dave B.

Hi Dave...

I would do a search on the site for "whip" or "whiplash". You will get several hits.

Here is a very good thread of a 20 Whip build. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...highlight=whip

Later,
    Mike Ball

Search my created threads on my profile page too. I've built a few and stupidly, I sold one!!!!
    Nortavlag Bulc

That's a really good thread.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I found it helpful to have the actual batteries I intended to run on hand before I finished off the nose decking.
    Mounted the stern hardware and turn fin then moved the motor back and forth to get it to balance out.
    Using a JAE 12 turnfin from Zippkits on a custom bracket.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Default B/M sport 20 kit to FE

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Hi Dave...

I would do a search on the site for "whip" or "whiplash". You will get several hits.

Here is a very good thread of a 20 Whip build. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...highlight=whip

Later,
    Mike Ball
    Hi Mike,

It's been a few years since we talked. Thanks "again" for giving me some good advise now that I finally got the B/M sport 20 kit to run in the FE spec class! I'm hoping to join your club and race with you guys this year. My radio time with any of my gas boats have been very limited the last couple of years due to my job responsibilities. Do you know if the rules are the same for the spec class or is there any changes you know of, like:
    1-Motor = Aquacraft 2030 brushless and motor mount?
    2-ESC = what current rating limit and/or suggested brand?
    3-Batteries = is there a limit to Mah capacity (burst). two 2 cell or one 4 cell?

www.namba.com

Middle of the page is a "RESOURCES" pull down with the rule book.

1 There are multiple motors on the list but the 2030 is the motor of choice for limited whip. You don't have to use the UL mount though.
    2 No requirements on the ESC. I would consider a Seaking 120. Plenty on the cheap.
    3 4s batteries and as much as you want to carry up to 10000mah. Usually around 5000mah is plenty.
    Noisy person

Default B/M sport 20 kit to FE

longballlumber (Mike), Ray Schrauwen,Siberianhusky, T.S.Davis.........

Thank you all very much for all the advise, info, and pics to help me get started, and now finish building it "the correct way" for the B/M Sport 20 kit for FE racing. You guys were extremely helpful and I now have all the confidence and understanding I need to complete this first time project.

Hi Dave,

I didn't realize it was you. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. As always, you're more that welcome to call me anytime.

Thanks
    Mike Ball

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Hi Dave,

I didn't realize it was you. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions. As always, you're more that welcome to call me anytime.

Thanks
    Mike Ball
    Mike,

Thanks very much. Can't thank you guys enough for all the help. Just waiting for the hardware package from Blazer and the Aquacraft 2030 motor and batteries for "cog" placement of the components.