Thread: Are all Leopard motors the same?

Default Are all Leopard motors the same?

I have a pair of Leopard 4074 2000kv motors that I picked up a few months ago. They look identical to the pictures here (http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=leo-4074) in that the connectors appear to be 4mm bullets. However, the description of the motor on the OSE site indicates that the motor comes with 6mm bullets.

My question is: Does OSE swap the motor leads or does Leopard manufacturing make different 4074 2000kv motors for different companies?

My motors were purchased from AtomikRC a while ago but they look identical. I'm going with a pair of Swordfish 220A ESC's for a twin engine setup and I want to clarify this question before soldering on the included 4mm leads onto my brand new Swordfish 220A ESC's. :) The motors are only capable of handling 120A max current draw so I imagine the 4mm leads will be adequate given the current is divided in half on the motor leads...so theoretically they shouldn't see more than 60A unless you include the occasional spikes.

This is the one I picked up a few months ago...figures they're on sale now. :)

http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...ts-and-giant-s

I have only ever gotten them new with 4mm. Steven may have beefed his up a bit, he offers matching bullets for the ESC as well. I think that atomik sells them as they get them from the manufacturer whereas Steven sells to rc fanatics/racers and knows they would care for the bigger bullets............just my guess.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Steven's comes with the 6mm bullet, they are meant for boats and also the wires go out from the rear. Steven told me he hasn't had the time to update his pictures. also I believe these have the endbell vented.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Back when I was chasing my tail with the Traxxas Spartan I bought a 4082 1600KV from Kintec. I want to say they came with 5.5's back then. Kintec now offers a 5.5mm option and a 6mm option. The endbell was vented. I think that order was back in 2013....

I am glad that Steven's come with 6mm though, makes it more usable in a boat. Let's face it, it takes more energy to play Miami Vice! lol
    Last edited by Spartanator; 02-24-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)