Thread: Why doesn't anybody talk about these?

Default Why doesn't anybody talk about these?

Why doesn't anyone talk about these? I Recently saw a few videos of them and I think they are a cool little boat!

Maybe people like more aerodynamic boats not two heads sticking out so that it looks like a toy? I personally don't like it. You won't see anyone at any scale run boats at a serious race with figurines, so maybe many don't take it seriously? Just a guess. I watched a few videos on Youtube and it does not seem that fast stock so maybe that's another reason? I do like that the design is like a ECO and it seems very stable running.

Lol that's funny! I agree they aren't that impressive speed wise, but to have a few of them bumping around would seem fun. Kinda like the short course trucks in the boating world.

LOL, yes. If you can crazy modify it and share what you did to make it a speed demon and youtube it to prove it, it will probably get way more attention I would think.

I think they look really cool too, soupin' one up would be a hoot!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Did they actually sell any? I have never seen a post by an owner in ANY rc boat forum.
    Just think no more Revolt but they still have this thing which I doubt will EVER sell near the numbers the Revolt did.
    IF I found one used dirt cheap I'd think about buying one, would have to paint it, just like my Motley Crew I think the graphics are a bad joke.
    Would probably be fun having a half dozen of them running at the same time, solo probably not so much fun.
    Couple years ago people seemed a bit excited over the Jersey Skiffs, never see a thing about them anymore, wasn't an Aquacraft boat, just another neat boat design that had a short span of appeal for some reason.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Cool

The scale Crackerbox boats have been racing classes for decades. We raced them (not the AQ boat) in the 1990s at the APBA FE Nats for years and it was often the biggest class of the event. Still an official racing class in NAMBA for both FE and gas. Until a few years ago it was very popular at gas races.

These hulls do not take high power well at all. Their bottom design is speed limited and they are VERY easy to flip even with moderate power - they are nothing like an eco boat. But as a limited class they offer very close, exciting racing, and they work very well on smaller ponds. We used to race them in the winter at indoor pools in Alaska.

zzzvter.jpggallery_4990_951_41666.jpgopen_cracker.jpg

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

What fluid says sounds awesome! I loved racing 2wd gas truck in our state series until it died out. It just was such a hard class to drive and very technical. Engine size didn't matter because half the time you couldn't put it down anyway. Consistency and momentum won races. These hull designs seem like they would be similar. A handful to drive and setup is crucial. I guess I was just more shocked then anything to see this thread totally blank!

Some of the most fun we have is when we all get the SV27s out, no point in over powering as they get pretty out of shape in rough water with stock power. Mine is one of my favorite boats, for some reason it never fails, still running the original 45 amp esc but put in an 1800kv motor, 1500kv(or whatever) blue motor went in a 1/10 hydro.
    Sometimes faster is not more fun.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Hey Fluid, thanks for your input on this hull in sharing your knowledge. Thank you for correcting my statement as it can be misleading. Maybe they are not an "ECO" of course, I was only referring that the prop was under the hull like an ECO is all not implying they run like them or other as I'm not familiar with them just going by looks. It's obvious that the hull design is not the same and more strangely that they are unstable with such a flat bottom? Interesting.

2013-10-01 17.10.41.jpg <Eco
    aqub1815_prop_550.jpg<P-27

Cool

No problem SA, the Crackerbox is an interesting boat. It was not uncommon for 1/3 to 1/2 of the boats in a heat to not finish. This kind of attrition is uncommon for Eco boats, the sharp chines of the CBox make it prone to flipping. They were fun to race but....they were not the "beginner's boat" that they were intended to be. It took a lot of skill in setup and driving to make them work. They are still one of my favorite classes and I still have a bare 21" fiberglass hull "just in case"!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    They are still one of my favorite classes and I still have a bare 21" fiberglass hull "just in case"!
    Hmmmmm.... Maybe I should get mine out and bring it to the LA SAWs next month... I'm certain there is more there to be had over the current 28.1 MPH record...

Hahahaha... better not... After watching 80 to 140mph boats run all day... watching something "bust" through the traps at a whopping 30mph isn't all that exciting...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I think a lot of the reason many haven't bought it is because it was released at the end of the season last year. I know that as a northerner, I prefer to buy my boats in the spring, this way I can run it for awhile under warranty in case I have a issue. I would never consider buying a boat in autumn.

All makes sense. Kinda goes back to how I felt about 1/10 gas truck. Boring as hell to watch, but if you were wheeling one it was some of the best racing! I got a cracker box on my list. The little I know about the boat side of rc I'm enjoying a lot more then i thought I would, so I'll need another hull sooner then later.

Fwlbp- living in fl I wouldnt even give buying a boat in autumn a second thought! Hang in there... Spring is right around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Hmmmmm.... Maybe I should get mine out and bring it to the LA SAWs next month... I'm certain there is more there to be had over the current 28.1 MPH record...

Hahahaha... better not... After watching 80 to 140mph boats run all day... watching something "bust" through the traps at a whopping 30mph isn't all that exciting...
    this is under construction..lol