Thread: Extreme Mobile Pit Cart

Default Extreme Mobile Pit Cart

I'm new to RC boats over the last 2 years. One of my biggest challenges is how to deal with all the pieces, boats, tool boxes, parts, batteries, equipment etc. So I took this summer off from going to the races and tackled a huge project. A friend of mine gave me an enclosed trailer. Instead of building a work bench inside the trailer, I built a mobile workbench that rolls out of the trailer. It is powered by a 2500lb wench. It has onboard electric jacks to raise it up, the wheels are removed and then you level it. Webber grill, Keurig coffee maker, 110 power outlets, stereo, full size SS toolbox, Locking boat cabinet. Pick-up boat sits on top. It does everything but scratch your behind. It works amazing. I thought you guys would get a kick out of my new creation.

Allen Cordy
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice!!!..I like the grill.

nice job! that should work just fine. cooking even makes the days a lot better---don't have to run all over town looking for food. that's a great idea.

Sweet!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    It is powered by a 2500lb wench.

Allen Cordy
    Dang, she must be one mean bi.........

But seriously, nice job
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

A few more photos
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by bozo586 View Post
    nice job! that should work just fine. cooking even makes the days a lot better---don't have to run all over town looking for food. that's a great idea.
    The onboard gas grill was at the top of the list. I hate going to the pond, 30 minutes from town, and not eating well. Nothing like a hot fresh meal. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

Very impressive!

You have certainly taken "pit cart" to the next level.

Well done sir!
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 10-24-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I think I might need to rethink my commitment to this hobby...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    I think I might need to rethink my commitment to this hobby...
    Darin, Everything is in one place and in the Cart. No more wondering where I placed this or that. Now I can go to Fred's house, unload the cart, roll it into his garage, and have a building weekend. Or go anywhere and everything is there. Been a huge project and missed this summers racing action in region 9. Looking forward to testing this winter and running for club points in 2015. None of this would have happened if it were not for the raving support of my wife Kerry. She is happy I'm no longer racing big boats or 100mph shifter karts. I'm focused on the RC boats for many years to come.

Allen

Yep, you just went all out! I certainly like it!
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

So Awesome! I just wish there was room for beer tap!

I've been seriously considering a enclosed trailer, now you've got my wheels turning...........Hmmmmm. Well Done, Alan!

Let me know if you need the details. More photos

Guys this is just plain scary! Many years ago and I do mean many I had my SCCA racing license and raced a Formula Super Vee.Used to tow it behind the car with a tow bar lots of fun and great competetion. If you broke something during qualifing one of the other drivers would lend the part you needed! No questions asked! Came the day that a few fellows came in with open trailers, then enclosed trailers, race cars lettered up and our sport went to hell! We week end warriors at Watkins Glen just could not compete with the likes of Mike Andretti and AJ Unser. They cut their teeth on our fun weekend sport and drove most us of away!

Hope that doesn't happen in this sport! But there are already some sponsored drivers! But that is a nice trailer!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I bought a larger trailer over the winter. I built some shelving in the nose of the trailer. I'm securing the boats down with those large rubber twist ties that you can buy at Home Depot. I just wanted to share the adjustable shelving because it works amazing. Sorry, I-pad does not allow me to rotate photo.

Allen