Thread: props????

Default props????

I am building a genesis boat.Need info on props.It has 2-leopard 3674 motors;2- turnigy 180.I will be trying the amount of cells on each.Starting with 3 cell batts then progressing up to 6.Could someone suggest what prop to what will s I can use with the twin combo.This is my first build of a cat with twins.
    Any suggestions would be great.

From 3s to 6s is a wide margin, your motors would have to be fast enough for 3s and don't get burned with 6s. What kv?
    Such a margin it is hard to give a specific size of props.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Hello;
    Sorry for not informing of that. They are 2200kv thanks

I think a pair of CR CNC 442's or 642's would be a good pic for you. I assume you will just be working out the bugs on 3s. It's gonna be slow. Will you be running 4-5s? If so a pair of 45mm props would be good in that range.

BTW, CNC are not optimum but with that range they are my safest suggestion for the amp draw on 6s.

I suggest a pair detongued X442's.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

2200kv

I wouldnt go above 5s, 4s is plenty and will be quite fast. A pair of counter rotating x447's would get you moving out on 4s, 442's for 5s.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

thanks guys for all the info;i now have to consider all the options then try one.will keep trying different combos.goal is to get 60 miles an hour. I have set 4074 leopards I will try.does anyone know anything about the turnigy 180;with extra capacitor bank.
    again thanks

Just realize that every prop suggestion given was with the 3674 2200kv's...................you have 4074's of unknown kv in the picture now..........
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by launchpad View Post
    thanks guys for all the info;i now have to consider all the options then try one.will keep trying different combos.goal is to get 60 miles an hour. I have set 4074 leopards I will try.does anyone know anything about the turnigy 180;with extra capacitor bank.
    again thanks
    What would you like to know? They are good, strong, handle 6s well with BEC disconnected and have an LVC issue which is an easy fix.

What ever you decide I can help you with a race prepped set of props thanks chris

Yes he most certainly can!!

Chris,
    Received mine today - GREAT JOB!!

Now that's how they're supposed to look

I knew those bozo's in California screwed me over (thank God for PayPal), you just proved it.

That's was my first order, but it most certainly will not be my last.

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    What ever you decide I can help you with a race prepped set of props thanks chris
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

Default props

Sorry about that;the motors I am using are 3674-2200kv.I mentioned the 4074 because I have 2 that are 4074.Hope this clarifies the sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by launchpad View Post
    the motors I am using are 3674-2200kv.I mentioned the 4074 because I have 2 that are 4074.Hope this clarifies the sizes.
    and the 3674's a more than sufficient to get that boat haulin butt

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    and the 3674's a more than sufficient to get that boat haulin butt
    Thanks for the info.........

Default Blackjack 29 v3 props

any suggestions for the best prop for the new blackjack 29 v3? Looking to run on 6s. From what I've read an Octura x442 S&B seems to be the best bet?? Any others to get top speed?

If its the 2000kv motor i think 6s is overboard................if you want to run that though a 442 is too much prop, x438 or possibly x440.

As a friendly reminder to a new member, in the future its best to start your own thread with a question about your own boat which is completely different from the OP's twin larger Cat.

Ok thanks! Yes it is the 2000 kv motor. I tried 4s out of the box and it wasn't very fast thus went 6s which was much more fun. My motor and ESC are barely warm to the touch after running for 7-9 minutes. Was just looking for an easy upgrade to gain even more speee in a super flat pond I use. Sounds like I should try the x438 or x440. Any preferences? Thanks Again and sorry for not starting a new thread I'm new to the site :)

You can start with a Graupner K series in the 38-40mm range for testing, 6 bucks each, then move to a permanent prop like the Octura

Do you think I will notice an increase in top speed with the upgraded prop as compared to the stock prop? If it's 2-3 mph im guessing it's not really worth it. If 5-10mph I'll probably spend the money. Thanks!

Here's an excellent thread for the new BJ29v3's... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...C5-plugs/page2 - might wanna follow make-a-wake's advice & post your questions there. That'll give you the opportunity to share the results of your tests for the benefit of all, just as others have.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2fly27 View Post
    Ok thanks! Yes it is the 2000 kv motor. I tried 4s out of the box and it wasn't very fast thus went 6s which was much more fun. My motor and ESC are barely warm to the touch after running for 7-9 minutes. Was just looking for an easy upgrade to gain even more speee in a super flat pond I use. Sounds like I should try the x438 or x440. Any preferences? Thanks Again and sorry for not starting a new thread I'm new to the site :)
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road