Thread: Servo on/off switch

Default Servo on/off switch

Hi guys and gals,
    Just wondering what ppl are using for the external receiver switch besides the normal Du-Bro Universal Kwik Switch Mount. Looking for a bit of inspiration for my up coming Intruder S build. '

Cheers
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

I was thinking one of these http://www.dreamworksrc.com/catalog/...Powerswitch-Jr but at $45 each it's a bit exy
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

I have a couple of those in nitro boats, pretty cool.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

From the website:

ATTENTION: The switching off process of MPS works with a hall effect sensor. Hall effect sensors can be influenced by magnet fields. It is possible that the MPS switches off temporarily when exposed to a very strong magent field (i.g. electric drive). Current-carrying cables generate a magnet field. So please run all cables which are carrying a high current (>100A) with a distance of at least 3cm (1.18in) from the switch acutator.

Sounds like a potential for disaster in some hulls....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

KISS!

But, there is something new... http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=328

It would have been nice if they made one specifically for boats where it could be mounted like a Dubro switch holder. Where there is a will, there's a way.

It's about the same price as the one OP gave a link too but, I don't think it uses hall effect switches.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I ended getting one of these http://whobbies.com/product.php?id=562
    I've used them before and they work great and alot better price.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

Much as I hate to show my ignorance on a daily basis, what does this switch do??
    Any enlightening would be GREATLY appreciated!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I just use it as another option for a waterproof receiver switch instead of the Dubro slide or an epoxy coated toggle switch on nitro boats.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Much as I hate to show my ignorance on a daily basis, what does this switch do??
    Any enlightening would be GREATLY appreciated!
    It turns the receiver on and off externally, saves battery when waiting in the pits all taped up for heat racing. I should have used receiver instead of servo in the title.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

These won't look too pretty on a FE but they work great on my gas boats. They are waterproof and they lock.

https://rocketcityracing.com/cart.ph...product_id=287

Quote Originally Posted by Heath M View Post
    It turns the receiver on and off externally, saves battery when waiting in the pits all taped up for heat racing. I should have used receiver instead of servo in the title.
    Thank you sir!
    I would have never known that----non racer, newbie, you name it, I got it...
    Too many boats, not enough time...