Thread: Gorilla Glue Special

Default Gorilla Glue Special

So i bought this cheap 22"by 9" ABS boat and put a SV system in there, didnt take the time to buy all the misc. stuff i glued everything with gorrilla glue to the boat. Very amature way to do it ,but the gorrila glue is rock solid and is very easy clean from these parts. Anyway there is no motor mount, no servo mount and i dont recommend anyone doing this kind of installation for i just wanted to get it in the water .
    Well the boat is also rock solid and built for bashing, i have had it on the sea rocks a few times on dents no cracks, amazing.

SV guts esc, motor
    BJ outdrive
    14.4volts

This thing is a rocket. Only thing is i cant get it to full throttle. it lifts to much and then spins out. It rearly ver flips but if it does it rightturns. So cool.
    Total spent on this boat about $160 with out batteries
    i have video of it running will post soon but anyone could help with the spinout problem. It is def. overpowered but allot of fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Turn fins....
    Twin cat 9xl,... 29 titan 8xl,....37 in mono kb48 8xl.... 42 in twin elc cat project... 42 in gasser cat 260 modded zenoh''' planes and trucks....

I did the same thing to the same boat for my daughter. I just didn't go brushless because she's only 6. I agree with Lonewolf, the turn fins are a MUST!
    Also, my water outlet is where yours goes in, and I use a flex cable instead of the U-Joint

Last edited by Diegoboy; 09-15-2008 at 02:04 PM.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Trim tabs will also help keep the boat going strong at high speeds.

And so will a more conventional hardware system that doesn't have as much play.

diegoboy... did you do the Ose outdrive conversion??? which flex shaft did you use? and how did you gt that drive shaft out? i tried many time and didnt want to break it so iam stuck with the u joint. I think the turn fins my help but are'nt they for turning, the the thing is this boat isntflat at the stern so i tried fins and was the same result. I may get soma and tabs and see what happens, thx guys

The fins are primarily for turning, but they are still in the water helping the boat go straight when you aren't turning.

If it's going all over the place, then try to use some "regular" cells to keep it in place.

Once a set screw has been used the shaft may need to be carefully filed or sanded on the diameter to get it past the bearings/bushings which ever may be the case. You will know this if it moves easily until a certain point and then binds.

Quote Originally Posted by kburrows View Post
    diegoboy... did you do the Ose outdrive conversion??? which flex shaft did you use? and how did you gt that drive shaft out? i tried many time and didnt want to break it so iam stuck with the u joint. I think the turn fins my help but are'nt they for turning, the the thing is this boat isntflat at the stern so i tried fins and was the same result. I may get soma and tabs and see what happens, thx guys
    I used the Octura .130 flex cable. I bore out the outdrive and inserted some brass tube to act as a bushing for the prop shaft.
    j.m. is right, they help keep the back of the boat @ the back of the boat
    Don't be afraid of breaking it, it's just a "basher" baot. You probably won't break it anyway.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

What prop are you running?

really dont know i think its an octura dont know the size

just wondering if it's a "lifting" prop

Hey that might be the case, any suggestions on a good stable prop?

I have some alluminum trim tabs with turn fins as part of them that would work. I can post pictures tonight if you are interested.

sure, how much. pics would be good. thx

http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=CIMG3209.flv

Ok here is a short vid, am standing in it but you can see the boats reaction to full throttle. Its kinda rough out there but its allot of fun because the boat is indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by kburrows View Post
    sure, how much. pics would be good. thx
    Here is the picture. I would take $10 for them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://s390.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=CIMG3488.flv
    new vid, with fullers setup, much more stable and fast runs.