Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Michigan Cup June 26,27,28

This is the premiere FE boat race of the year in my opinion, the race site is the best, the Elks are the bomb, the competition is always fierce and the people are my favorite people i've met in a 25+ year RC racing career. I will make this race every year as long as they hold it. Oh and BTW I am gunning for that cup this year, I have a loaded team!!!! and yes we will be "loaded". OH and another question, does REgina have to be a NAMBA member to take part in the 9;30 pm festivities!!!!
    We call ourselves the "Q"

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Minuet - a slow graceful dance in 3⁄4 time characterized by forward balancing, bowing, and toe pointing?
    Speling was nver my srtong suite!!

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Um.......what?......just.......um......no. Plus I haven't had to race hung over in many many years now.

We can always have the - Walk the Beach after having too many "adult beverages" Class, sponsored by Terry Davis
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Any chance of a figure "8" offshore course this year??

Does anyone know of any vacation / short term rental properties near the lake or vacinty.
    The Pags and I are thinking this might be a better solution than a hotel. We are open
    to any suggestions or realtor contacts.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

I've been thinking about a "20" man race for years (we used to do this at the end of some big car events) 20 guys (or how ever many want to run) and race for lets say 10 laps, anything goes rigger, cat, mono sport hydro, but maybe keep it to P power or under. If we advertise this you might want to bring an older boat that u don't really use and don't care if it gets banged around, and we get a bunch of guys this could be a blast???? last race of the event sunday afternoon what do some guys think???

that could be fun

keep in mind that there's a good chance that your boat might get wrecked so don't plan to run anything you are fond of!!!! maybe a lemans style start??? no racing rules apply except for cut buoys.

I'm in.....

House Rental next to the lodge would be cool. Could drink and walk home.

A cottage would be cool, doubt there is an accessible one close by. There was this one house I saw on the way from the highway to the lodge that has a very elaborate aluminum ramp system to enter a house. Maybe we'll stop there on the way and inquire... still too far though...
    Get enough in me and I'll be a play toy for you guys, no need for 2 part foam, pool noodles and tie wraps will do.
    Nortavlag Bulc

We could just tie a rope to Ray and make sure we drag him back to shore before he downs. Can you imagine the accident report? The agent asking "what's a jato rocket?"

I'll see if I can dig anything up. Brian might know somebody who knows somebody.
    Noisy person

if we're really are gonna launch him, we should get a shovel and an alibi!!!!

Instead flotation we add weight.........

We're having way to much fun at Rays expense. Sorry Ray. Hope you know we're just goof'n.

Would you be willing to hold a hook on the retrieve? Maybe thrash about a bit? Apparently the Pike are out of control in this lake now. They're talking about some sort of harvest plan.
    Noisy person

I LOVE IT GUYS, oops cap locks... Pike are scary but, if it were muskies, might as well be sharks or pirrahna.... No, don't start breeding them in your house now either....

You know a big enough Muskie will go for small dear drinking by waterside, so I've heard.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm surprised a pike didn't snag that baby deer we had swim across turns 1 and 2.
    I got stabbed by a catfish when we were in the water battling weeds.
    Noisy person

So, that's where the fish comes from for the fish fries.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey guys, I switched P hydro with P mono.

I had P mono and P limited mono the same day. Some could easily have swapped out a motor and ran their mono in two classes. This way they can.
    Noisy person

now to find a hotel..whats the closest??

I think the "best" option is the Royal Park Hotel in down town Rochester. Walking distance to restaurants and such.
    http://www.royalparkhotel.net/

Pricey though.

I'm sure others will post where they have found Ray. Be patient.

Towns to look in are Oxford, Lake Orion, and Rochester.
    Noisy person

Lake Orion..."Red Roof Inn", used to be called the "Palace Inn", stayed there 2 years ago and its about the closest.

Just booked my room.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Lake Orion..."Red Roof Inn", used to be called the "Palace Inn", stayed there 2 years ago and its about the closest.

Just booked my room.
    Last year it was in transition from the Palace inn to red roof and it was the worst stay I've had in many years anywhere. They stole a special hair towel of Wendy's and a day later after asking no one to enter the room anymore, it appears back in my medical supplies with the smell of it beng clean, not the smell of Wendy's hair products.
    The year before we stayed at the Red roof further south but,, it took longer to get there because of construction. That is the place I'd prefer to stay since it was cleaner, quieter and your door exited directly to our parking spot.
    Even if the Palace is redone the idiots that work there might still be there and we'll never go back there. They were liers and ignorant and the room was a shoe box compared to the other one.

We are on stand by for this venue because of finances. Wendy has more bills with a new house now.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Well, looking at the pictures, it would appear the transition is done, so hopefully it will be fine.....its just a place to crash for a few hours anyway.

I'll check it out. Hopefully staff has changed also. Less sticky fingers wold be nice if you value your clothes.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I'll check it out. Hopefully staff has changed also. Less sticky fingers wold be nice if you value your clothes.
    I don't wear any.....

eeewww, TMI....
    Looks like it's about 23 min. to 2755 Lapeer rd. Red Roof doing twisty turny roads and 29 minutes (20 for Jay M.) down rochester rd (150) to 2580 Crooks rd. Rochester, Mi.

I just called 2755 Lapeer rd. and the room I stayed in has not changed and Mandy at front desk says staff has not changed so I wiil NOT be staying there even if it's free. They basically did a facelift of the front area and a name change. We'll drive a little extra....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I don't wear any.....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Friday I'd ave two classes, lots of relaxation.... Saturday schedule is pretty knarly. The only class I don't run is 1/8th scale. That means back to back heats maybe depending on attendance and number of flights per class. I'd have to drop a class or two to keep up, no biggy...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Well its clear to me ....... it's cabin fever , you've all got it. I was trying to ignore this thread but it's pulled me in and I've come to realize I to have the dreaded Cabin fever as well I'm in for T-cat and mono, Q-sport hydro, p-mono, p-sport hydro, p-spec hydro, p-spec cat, p-spec off shore, 1/8 scale, p-limited figure 8 with lemans start. Deb can run in the kids class if you need entries, 9:30p bob and weave with cigar and Mezcal Con Gusano!
    Cheers,Jay.

Definitely got cabin fever.... And a knarly cold to boot. Working on a pos scale shovel nose for the mechanic and my gp265.....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Definitely got cabin fever.... And a knarly cold to boot. Working on a pos scale shovel nose for the mechanic and my gp265.....
    You don't sound like you have a cold..........

I'm on Augmentin. No fever what so ever. So tired of hacking though.
    We'll get the sign up onto rc events soon enough. Tom was working on it the other day.
    Noisy person

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast