Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a traxxas funny car

Lighten up -- it was intended as a joke... not sure why you got all bent outta shape??

BTW: don't have an ignore list, don't feel the need for one.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Hey Guy, do me a favor, if you can't stand someone who owns a swimming pool, I urge you to put me on your ignore list.
    This is a boat Forum, not a political Forum denouncing middle class people in America!!!

Good day!
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

Quote Originally Posted by RCBoaterGuy View Post
    Lighten up -- it was intended as a joke... not sure why you got all bent outta shape??

BTW: don't have an ignore list, don't feel the need for one.
    Not being a Smart Feller but we all have an ignore list built into this very nice forum that Mr. V provides.

Scott created this thread to find a Traxxas Funny car that is in Tip Top Shape, let's do so.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Scott created this thread to find a Traxxas Funny car that is in Tip Top Shape, let's do so.
    Yup, agreed!
    I don't know what to do, now I feel that they are going to discontinue, and I will kick myself later, but I really have no plans for it.
    It is nicely engineered, I like the fact that they built a suspension and differential, it is that much more practical to drive on the pavement.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

So this thing does 70ish on 3s in stock form
    what all are you guys wanting to run motor wise in this thing ??
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Don't wanna be jerk or anything, but if you look at the majority of the post (#29) that I was quoted (misunderstood actually) it had to do with the subject at hand. Wasn't my intention to stray off topic or offend anyone - honest.

Said it before, say it again... the first sentence was intended to be a joke, it was a carry over from another thread that obviously got taken the wrong way.

I'm some do have an ignore list, mine's external. Came here to learn, and that I have!! Hard to do if you keep seeing "that post is hidden because..."

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Not being a Smart Feller but we all have an ignore list built into this very nice forum that Mr. V provides.

AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    So this thing does 70ish on 3s in stock form
    what all are you guys wanting to run motor wise in this thing ??
    I have seen some video, at that speed, unless you have really smooth pavement, it is going to be hard to control the car.
    I actually don't know anything about the stock motor, is it another CC motor Traxxas borrowed?

The motor is a Castle 1415 2400kv motor with 1/8" shaft. You can install a 4074 motor as I've seen and use other Traxxas 5mm pinions.

The most you can fit in the batt tray is 4S but, then the battery cover will not close. I'll di up the video, lots of info...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Nortavlag Bulc

All great info., thanks Ray!

This seller rockbottom rc sold me a roller chassis and now has wheels with bearings plus bodies at really low prices. bodies have the bumpers inside still too.
    $40 shipped for a John force body: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151416719726...%3AIT#shpCntId
    Nortavlag Bulc

His stuff goes fast, no other cheaper place to get this stuff I know of. Hope my brother doesn't freak bringing this stuff back to me from FL.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hey Ray, thanks for posting that link I was looking to get ahold of the seller to buy some stuff but I can't find the link on eBay. Do you happen to still have his info around? Thanks Ray!!

http://www.ebay.com/usr/rockbottomrc...p2047675.l2559

I thought I posted the link to his sale of parts...... Here is his store. Go down the list and click on traxxas funny car
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks again Ray, I tried emailing him through eBay, to try and get a deal on a roller and he responded to buy all the parts separately from his listings, he also wouldn't deal outside of eBay. I'm still going to hold out for a better deal. I doubt the car is going to be discontinued. I think they'll just update the bodies, but I could be wrong.....

I have bought from RockBottomRC before on Ebay. Solid seller that already has low prices, if not the lowest on Ebay. I am still keepin' an eye out for the right one with enough shine for ya! lol

I think it will be re-vamped somehow, maybe with just the bodies... Traxxas is tight lipped....

Here is one but it ain't too shiny....

Ebay

Looks like it has the "actual" Castle motor vs the Traxxas/Castle 1415 2400kv....

I never realized that the wire length between the motor and ESC were that long.....
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Thanks again Tyler, I'm not sure if I told you but the rear drives you sold me worked out great, thanks again for hooking the me up. I'm really reading to pull the trigger on that stuff rock bottom has for sale,but I don't want it to be one of those things where I get it and then realize a couple weeks later that theres something out there thats way nicer and about the same price. Like when you first get into boats no offense Tyler and buy a Spartan and then get a hold of this great forum to find out there's a lot of better boats out there, and are reasonably priced compared to the rtr boats

I bought a Funny Car body from him that was listed, I got notice this morning that it was shipped, then in the late afternoon eBay informed me the seller cancelled my order because he is out of stock on the body...

Its rare but, it can happen if someone clicked moments before you did, sorry.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Its rare but, it can happen if someone clicked moments before you did, sorry.
    WELL, I appreciate his promptness in refunding though. Ordered another one ( AAA Themed) from his list, but won't know until I get it this time, may still be the same....

At least his come with the bumper assembly where another seller jipped me for that
    Nortavlag Bulc

At least his come with the bumper assembly where another seller jipped me for that

Crap, hate that when they do that, sorry.

Hey guys I found the Courtney force black funny car for sale and the guy, wants 220 for it. The seller sent over pics the car looks like it's been pretty well taken care of, the body's not all scratched and torn up like I've seen others. it comes rtr. Do you guys think it's a decent deal? I'm kind of worried that I'll get it loose interest in a couple of weeks, and end up selling it, It's acceptable to take a small loss selling Rc stuff I'm just tired of loosing hundreds on it.

I don't know man, I've been in that boat too many times myself...
    I am sick anyway, so don't take it from me---the thing with these "unique" products is not that how long or how quickly I lose interest in them that makes me pull the trigger. I have banged my head against the wall too many times when they are discontinued and are no longer available. It seems to me that it is always at that stage that I wish I had bought one earlier...
    This may sound crazy.....
    As for the deal you found, hard for me to say, it's personal, at this point it is easier for me to deal with Tower's three payment plan. But that is just me.
    Whatever you decide, good luck and have fun!
    Oh, BTW, I bought an "AAA" themed body, this time the seller ( same one ) didn't send a notice that he is out of stock, so I hope it will be delivered soon.

I started this project for both a shelf queen and a fun thing to take here and there and maybe find another person with one to goof with. I bought a tamiya Bruiser in 91 and they were about $250.00 . I sold it maybe a decade later before I owned a computer to see its value on eBay etc.. I lost bad on that deal later when I got on line. Maybe this will go the same way as both were kind of unique and more scale than multi function. The bruiser was too heavy, top heavy and you needed to slow down or stop to change gears.
    Nortavlag Bulc

The black body I bought never appeared even though the tracking on eBay is correct and shows delivered on Feb. 23. What would you guys do with the seller? I talked to him on phone, seems like straight shooter. Any suggestions on how I can try to recoup my loss? It was shipped from Fl. To Fl. The other body, from other seller Rock bottom rc, green John Force arrived yesterday, with bumper assm. Included.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sorry to hear that Ray.
    I have no experience as yet to file complaint, may be someone can chime in. Is it like PayPal protection?

The black body I bought never appeared even though the tracking on eBay is correct and shows delivered on Feb. 23. What would you guys do with the seller? I talked to him on phone, seems like straight shooter. Any suggestions on how I can try to recoup my loss? It was shipped from Fl. To Fl. The other body, from other seller Rock bottom rc, green John Force arrived yesterday, with bumper assm. Included.
    Hey Ray sorry to read about the shipping problems with that seller, hopefully it finally showed up. I ended up finding a car but it has the black and blue Ashley force body. I'd really like to find a John force green body. I've been going through eBay trying to find a link to ask the seller if he has more, but so far I can't figure out a way to get ahold of him again. I know you just bought that green body, but if you ever consider selling it I'd be interested in buying it. Thanks!!!

Actually, it turned up in the Garage! Just keep a tab on the seller rockbottomrc and he will eventually have more for sale I would think.

I don't think I would sell the green one, it's for shelf use only. I don't mind beating up on Courtney Force though :) lol...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Actually, it turned up in the Garage! Just keep a tab on the seller rockbottomrc and he will eventually have more for sale I would think.

I don't think I would sell the green one, it's for shelf use only. I don't mind beating up on Courtney Force though :) lol...

Well, my AAA body just came, brand new as described, couldn't be happier. Thanks much Ray for the link!
    Took a few shots to see how it will marry to my ERA frame.
    DSCN7710.jpg DSCN7709.jpg DSCN7708.jpgDSCN7712.jpg DSCN7697.jpg
    What do you guys think? I know it is far from the true scale look of a Traxxas chassis but mine sat in my garage for 4 and half years without a body. I forgot the whole thing had I not seen this thread....
    Last edited by tlandauer; 03-12-2015 at 03:46 AM. Reason: BAD SPELLING!

That's a cool chassis. Is the front bumper not allowing you to lower the front end, making you keep the body a little higher?

Looks like a blue Feigao in there and a Castle esc. I think I see a brake too, one thing the traxxas doesn't have. I was thinking maybe a parachute on CH3.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast