Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a traxxas funny car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Looking for a traxxas funny car

Just curious to see if anyone might want to part with their funny car.
    My email is downtown480@gmail.com for pics
    Thanks everyone!

Dude, there is a seller on ebay selling the Chassis' for $45 + shipping and he sells all the rest of the fixings. I'd love to have one, put my own motor esc into but, no funds.... bummer, nice car.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks Ray, that's a good deal for those but I was wanting something more turn key.

Damn, if you asked a week ago there was one turn key for $220. I've been watching these and they are sexy. I actually bought the last chassis. Just need wheels and body since I've got motors and esc's...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray - did trax disco them since JFR is no longer with Castrol??

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Damn, if you asked a week ago there was one turn key for $220. I've been watching these and they are sexy. I actually bought the last chassis. Just need wheels and body since I've got motors and esc's...
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

I'm surprised at how hard these are to get used. I was thinking picking one up that had been modified would be easy to find.

Still on the hunt. Anybody have any leads? Thanks again guys for any help

Sorry, forgot thread.. Used one on eBay went for over $200 with a different remote and damaged body. I grabbed the last chassis roller for $45 + shipping. I'll eventually buy wheels maybe a body and I've got motors and esc's.

Ebay man...

Disc'd?? no idea but, thought I'd piece one together slowly. Tower has some stuf in stock I think?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks again Ray, I'd like to find a racing forum such as ose but for race cars to buy someone's pride and joy. It's seems like such a thing doesn't exist though, I'm slowly working my way towards flee bay though.

Rc groups maybe but, its pretty meager there too. I llke some of the less popular rc stuff like this and motorcycles. Still have a vintage Thunder tiger TT-FM1E, needs tires and a rebuild.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Maybe you ought to try the Traxxas forums... I have been banned from that horrid forum but I still take a peek every now and then to see if there is anything I want... My eye is still open for the shiny Funny Car.
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Maybe you ought to try the Traxxas forums... I have been banned from that horrid forum but I still take a peek every now and then to see if there is anything I want... My eye is still open for the shiny Funny Car.
    lol
    I don't think that's a hard thing to do over there
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I'm at Traxxas.com looking for stuff, the suggested retail is down to $299.99 for a brand new one, full car, not the display model... https://traxxas.com/products/models/...c/6907funnycar

Reasons... JFR is no longer affiliated with Castrol or Ford - no longer drive the Mustang's.

Saw the season opener @ Pomona, all three funny cars were Chevy Camaro's. Courtney is still with Traxxas & Robert is still with AAA, both had different paint scheme's than last year. Brit was still driving a dragster.

John was driving a blue Peak Anti-Freeze Chevy Camaro.

Dollar for a donut says those cars are getting disco'ed, but Traxxas is keeping mum about it for what-ever there reasons may be.
    Last edited by RCBoaterGuy; 02-18-2015 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Update Info
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast

Thanks again guys. I'd still like a hopped up traxxas, but have been doing some googling and have found some other pretty cool rides. Thinking about just doing my own build, but then again I typically don't have the patients for it.

These cars' prices have come down in the last year since their initial introdution, for a RTR, you can have it for just under $290 @ Towerhobbies. That is including motor and ESC and radio. With some discount and their "three easy payment plan", I would rather get a new one.
    Just saying.....
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Tim.... You have everything. Don't you have one you'd sell me? Your old wraith is one of my pride and joys. Not to mention about 1200. In upgrades to it, literally the only thing left I haven't changed is the bottom plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
    Tim.... You have everything. Don't you have one you'd sell me? Your old wraith is one of my pride and joys. Not to mention about 1200. In upgrades to it, literally the only thing left I haven't changed is the bottom plate.
    I don't have a hot tub, only a swimming pool.
    No, I don't have this, I have something very weird, a funny car chasis made by New ERA Racing ( Models)? A nitro funny car maker on the East Coast, now out of business I think, forgot the name, picked up as someone was selling their lot, but no body, now I am looking at the Traxxas body and wonder if I can make it work, mine is solid axle w/o differential, belt drive, aluminum ladder frame. One of a kind but probably would not run very well. I did run it once with a small 3s battery , no suspension of any sorts. Any bumps on the pavement would launch this baby into the orbit. lol......
    Last edited by tlandauer; 02-20-2015 at 02:07 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    These cars' prices have come down in the last year since their initial introdution, for a RTR, you can have it for just under $290 @ Towerhobbies. That is including motor and ESC and radio. With some discount and their "three easy payment plan", I would rather get a new one.
    Just saying.....
    and probably another 40bucks off with a coupon
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Ya I've been looking for a bit. That one on eBay is a piece of junk, someone used it as a beater. I was hoping to find one that someone's already invested money in, and has taken care of it. I'd rather not buy a new rtr one if I can help it, but if it goes on much longer I'll have to pick one up before their discontinued.

Ya I've been looking for a bit. That one on eBay is a piece of junk, someone used it as a beater. I was hoping to find one that someone's already invested money in, and has taken care of it. I'd rather not buy a new rtr one if I can help it, but if it goes on much longer I'll have to pick one up before their discontinued.
    Yup, agreed.

New Era Funny Car.jpg New Era Funny Car chassis.jpg this is a nitro version on their powder coated chassis, mine is aluminum.... ( electric conversion)

Ah... I knew you had to have one, nice Looking car!!

Tim, I've also been looking for a sail boat. Do you have one you might part with?

Ah... I knew you had to have one, nice Looking car!!
    Well, thanks, wish I had a body. Traxxas' painted ones are $80 a pop.

Tim, I've also been looking for a sail boat. Do you have one you might part with?
    Are you kidding???? With my clumsiness, I see myself tangled with the sails rigging falling face down smashing the boat!!! For once I am smart and didn't allow myself to get into something which I will regret.

Now, on the other hand, if you ever want to get into Kyosho mini Z's collection, you PM me.....

You can get Traxxas FC on ebay for $275 shipped. Sometimes bodies come up for $25 - $40 there too, you have to be quick!
    Nortavlag Bulc

If you want the whole thing, $275 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390962632595...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Nortavlag Bulc

I don't have a hot tub, only a swimming pool.
    No, I don't have this, I have something very weird, a funny car chasis made by New ERA Racing ( Models)? A nitro funny car maker on the East Coast, now out of business I think, forgot the name, picked up as someone was selling their lot, but no body, now I am looking at the Traxxas body and wonder if I can make it work, mine is solid axle w/o differential, belt drive, aluminum ladder frame. One of a kind but probably would not run very well. I did run it once with a small 3s battery , no suspension of any sorts. Any bumps on the pavement would launch this baby into the orbit. lol......
    Is that because ya can't run a R/C boat in a Tub??

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    If you want the whole thing, $275 shipped: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390962632595...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Omni Models is a great seller!! I've done lot's of biz with them. Got my Pede there almost 4-years ago. Except for the name, pretty much everything else is Tower Hobbies. Packing slips are the same except for name, ship from the same warehouse's, heck even my customer ID is virtually the same.

To the OP, sorry guy, but I think your going to be hard pressed to find used but not abused used one that has the feature's your looking for. Think this is gonna be one of those times when you have to get a new one & fix it up your way.

If they are disco'ed, then the popular ones (Courtney & dad) will go first, followed by Robert then Mike. Neff basically filled in for Ash when she got pregnant, only ran what??... One or two years?? When Brit started racing, he became Heights crew chief.

Quote Originally Posted by RCBoaterGuy View Post
    Is that because ya can't run a R/C boat in a Tub??

Hey Guy, do me a favor, if you can't stand someone who owns a swimming pool, I urge you to put me on your ignore list.
    This is a boat Forum, not a political Forum denouncing middle class people in America!!!

Good day!

Lighten up -- it was intended as a joke... not sure why you got all bent outta shape??

BTW: don't have an ignore list, don't feel the need for one.

Hey Guy, do me a favor, if you can't stand someone who owns a swimming pool, I urge you to put me on your ignore list.
    This is a boat Forum, not a political Forum denouncing middle class people in America!!!

Good day!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast