Thread: Swordfish 300 help

Default Swordfish 300 help

Looking for some help with the swordfish 300. First my computer says contact dealer to get 64 bit version I have a feeling this is going to be a problem? Second what is a spark wire and what does it hook too it looks like it hooks to the positive side of the battery? Third what is a bec and would I need one on this and how do they hook up. Think i got in a bit over my head I was just hoping to hook up my 2 4s bats and 5698 leopard and hit the water. I don't think its that easy. Any help would be much appreciated!

See this thread for the SW install.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...all&highlight=

Are you running in series or parallel. You need a separate power supply for the receiver, this can be a bec or battery pack. The spark arrestor is used used to save your connectors from wear and tear but not really needed just be ready for a large spark at connection.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

I will be running in series for 8s. Why can't yhe 8s power the receiver or will that over power it? What is a BEC?

Egneg where in va are you I would like to get together with someone after I get everything here and get some set up help?

thanks for all the info

I am in Virginia Beach. The ESC doesn't share power for the receiver so you will need to power this from a different source. I am running the 300+ in my 57" shovel nose on 10s-2p. BEC stands for battery eliminator circuit but it is easier at high voltage to run a separate power supply for the receiver.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

When I get everything here is it ok if I send you pm and hopefully be able to meet and put everything in maybe test run? If not I'm in gloucester and have a very large lake to run electric only on you could come here and help me and run here it's up too you? Or maybe just a phone call would be great! Thank for the info!

Sure thing ... just let me know. I can pm my cell number if you want.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

That would be great!