Thread: Servo Plug Connection Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Servo Plug Connection Question

Hello group,

I have a question about my ProBoat Shockwave 26 (Brushed)

The summer of 2014 was a fun learning experience with this boat. However, towards the end of the season, probably Aug-Sep I noticed some servo issues when I would plug the battery in and run the boat the servo seemed to want to lock at full turn and no longer move. I had to remove and re-center the servo arm that attaches to the rudder. I am wondering if the corrosion on the plug is causing the issue?

I took the cover off the servo, nothing looks out of the ordinary and everything moves freely. So, what are my options?

Replace just the plug?
    Replace that servo wire and plug together?
    Replace the servo entirely?

On a broader topic I get water in the boat constantly, I will be digging into that soon, I believe the transom fittings are loose or leaking because I get probably half a cup of water in the boat every run, and I believe that's how the plugs got wet. Had I had brains enough to disconnect and wipe them when done running it might not be an issue? I'd much rather have a dry hull though. I have re-greased the cable after every 4-5 runs, so I do not suspect water is gaining entry through the stuffing tube.