Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2015 NAMBA FE Proposals

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Sort of, maybe.

Need a hug???

Chris is done with clubs and racing at this time. I would be too if I were him but, I'm not.

Sorry I came off harsh but, Chris was the best thing for FE boats in Ontario since Steve R. left it behind. Too few of us up here to loose any but, it is what it is.

There is you, me, Daniel, Robert, and Jay with both feet into FE ovals, we need to be more inclusive and drop the egos.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Need a hug???
    Yes and thank you!
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I was not privy to any of these debates, was Kris?
    Does it matter? We've been talking about it for 10 years. I doubt Chris was racing in 2005 but I'm pretty sure he knew there were some that thought it wasn't fair.

You're still missing the point Ray. You could peg the trigger and leave it there until the end of the race or until you flipped. All while your competition is peddling it for the conditions.

Chris is just the only guy that YOU know with self righters. How about this? We give Ava Paganelli my P mono setup and put it in a self righting hull? She'll never lose another heat. Ever. It's not about Chris personally.

You know what else.....who builds a boat and sticks with it forever? Sheesh. "Oh the rules changed............guess I'll quit racing" Are you kidding me? The original LSO rules made two of the boats I was actually selling (for real money) completely illegal. Guess I should have gotten out then.

This really is the reason that Dave decided not to decide. Let the members decide. They did.
    Noisy person

Sorry but I have to rant a bit here. We've seen a recurring theme in the last year. Why is it that if someone doesn't get their way in FE they quit or they don't race?

"That's it! I'm taking my ball and going home! We play my way or I'm not playing!"

If the rules change, if you're a racer, you adapt. Anybody own a PT Stealth? Think those exist without the evolution of the rule set? Why did you get one? Because the boat you ran in the old LSH on 700 motors wasn't quite as good. You adapted for the new rules.

If the rules DON'T change to your liking you comply until they do.

If you want change you don't pout about it. You take the steps to help people see the light. If your direction is going to better the sport then people will be easily convinced.
    Noisy person

Things will become much simpler once I am declared Overlord of the Earth...do it my way........................or else!

I don't think Chris is pouting...he ran some great mono's, cats and riggers over the years...none of which were self righting...he probably just figured it wasn't worth the time for the few classes he could run...IMO.

I'll just throw in the towel at this point. The majority always wins. I don't think Df33's are legal or my older PTSS. Others have modified their old PTSS hydro's but, I haven't and I don't think I'd get a complaint unless it was a Nats and I took 1st. Only when you come first it seems people get picky on rules or, create a rule to remove an innovative advantage if you have the backing.
    Whatever...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, you say you're throwing in the towel and then you throw in the zinger at the end to imply that the rule was proposed and passed to keep out a superior design that's winning.

All those reasons that I listed above were the thinking that inspired the proposal. I wasn't really making "points". I was telling you where guys thoughts went on it. Those are the "why" there WAS a proposal at all.

What the majority voted for was boats that are designed to race equally and that don't require a crutch for their inability to finish. I know that's harsh but it's the bottom line.

For any confused too........NAMBA and IMPBA are not representative republics. They are direct democracies. The majority absolutely governs. The members get what the members want. If that sucks, start a new organization or crawl inside either and teach them the error of their ways. We've been through this before. Not sure why I bother with these rules discussions myself. I'm just a glue sniffing racer like the rest.

How about "John Einstein - supreme ruler of all things that float"? It's got a nice ring to it. Where do I vote? Wait......... no voting.......go right for the dictatorship.
    Noisy person

Ray-Where was your fire back in January when I made this post? Al Waters would have accepted a Propwash article from you or anyone else that had an opinion on this proposal. NAMBA member or not.

Would it have helped? Maybe, but I doubt it. This is one of those things where guys have their opinions, and no amount of discussion is going to change it.

Innovative Advantage. Your words. Not sure I agree with that because Chris has been racing his boats for years and this proposal would have happened 7 years sooner if he was mopping up the competition. Also...nobody else was doing it. That says something.

The reason why I submitted it in 2015 is because of what Terry said, I was getting tired of holding discussions, hearing opinions and coming up with one-off procedures on how to handle self-righters at National events. Especially since we are now having Gas/Nitro CD's. They have a hard enough time figuring out what's a dead boat. Throw a self-righter into the mix and it's just not fair...for them!

It was time for the racers to decide which direction we should go. Plain and simple. Chris may have gotten the short end of the stick, but I felt it better to address it now rather than later, possibly saving more racers from getting the short end of the bubble-hatch stick.

Also, just curious, have you emailed Chris Harris to see what IMPBA thinks about self-righters?

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    How about "John Einstein - supreme ruler of all things that float"? It's got a nice ring to it. Where do I vote? Wait......... no voting.......go right for the dictatorship.
    Quote Mr. Burns...Excellllllent!

Ray; why the sudden militant posts on this topic? Need another hug? Remember your comments about ego...perhaps attitude should be throw in there as well. Did you not have fun at the Nats and the Cup this year...

I hate to quote some moderator with an accent...but they are just toy boats fellas.

John, after having been in the organizational mix I would recommend sticking with pee on status. If you're on the BOD or are a chairman then the rules are never ever right, its your fault, and its your job to fix them. Wave our wand! None of that is true but that's what you get. Many complain about this rule or that rule but read the book and follow the process ? ................NEVAAA!
    Noisy person

There will be no complaining allowed...punishable by death. Very simple rule to follow. Terry, you want a job as enforcer?

Well in my opinion "self-righters" boats are more appealing and safer to younger boaters and with exception off mechanical failure the reduce need for retrieving .

Chris,
    They already make self righters for little kids at the splash pool or cottage. The big kids have a retrieve boat with a 200 hp merc . I know caboatah ken has one on order for the Nats in Michigan next year ! The motor they had this year was scream'n trying to push a 16' boat, 2/260lb men(kids), and 1-6 model boats. Forget the sperm missile and come and race. You have great boats. See you at 50 Point eh!

Ray..... settle down, or I'll have to call Wendy and get her to smack you a good one !

Cheers, Jay.
    Race on

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Quote Mr. Burns...Excellllllent!

Ray; why the sudden militant posts on this topic? Need another hug? Remember your comments about ego...perhaps attitude should be throw in there as well. Did you not have fun at the Nats and the Cup this year...

I hate to quote some moderator with an accent...but they are just toy boats fellas.
    Yes, I had fun but, its dog sh/t ever since, sorry.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    Ray-Where was your fire back in January when I made this post? Al Waters would have accepted a Propwash article from you or anyone else that had an opinion on this proposal. NAMBA member or not.

Would it have helped? Maybe, but I doubt it. This is one of those things where guys have their opinions, and no amount of discussion is going to change it.

Innovative Advantage. Your words. Not sure I agree with that because Chris has been racing his boats for years and this proposal would have happened 7 years sooner if he was mopping up the competition. Also...nobody else was doing it. That says something.

The reason why I submitted it in 2015 is because of what Terry said, I was getting tired of holding discussions, hearing opinions and coming up with one-off procedures on how to handle self-righters at National events. Especially since we are now having Gas/Nitro CD's. They have a hard enough time figuring out what's a dead boat. Throw a self-righter into the mix and it's just not fair...for them!

It was time for the racers to decide which direction we should go. Plain and simple. Chris may have gotten the short end of the stick, but I felt it better to address it now rather than later, possibly saving more racers from getting the short end of the bubble-hatch stick.
    Sorry Dave.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Jay , 8 boats to run , I am impressed .

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    John, after having been in the organizational mix I would recommend sticking with pee on status. If you're on the BOD or are a chairman then the rules are never ever right, its your fault, and its your job to fix them. Wave our wand! None of that is true but that's what you get. Many complain about this rule or that rule but read the book and follow the process ? ................NEVAAA!
    He said wand.
    I try and avoid paste eaters.

I haven't been racing in a while. But a gota say if you guys are doing away with the self-righter. holly crap its about time. They have there place but it is not in heat racing....

Jason Sims

Retired Racer but don't cont me out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123