Thread: Bettery Recommendations

Default Battery Recommendations

Hey Guys,

I'm currently using these batteries and was wondering what you might recommend??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...-tra-dynp4010t

I'm pleased with the performance. However one of the two packs have already puffed and wont take a charge. I think one of the 3 cells is damaged. One was DOA and the LHS was good to replace it, but at this point I think I might go with a new brand. Roughly 20 or30 runs out of the pack

Any suggestions on what brand to go with next?? Is Hobbyking any good(Turnigy/Zippy)
    Considering these....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=63428

Thanks for the input
    Last edited by Deepvee; 01-19-2015 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Deepvee View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm currently using these batteries and was wondering what you might recommend??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/product/...-tra-dynp4010t

I'm pleased with the performance. However one of the two packs have already puffed and wont take a charge. I think one of the 3 cells is damaged. One was DOA and the LHS was good to replace it, but at this point I think I might go with a new brand. Roughly 20 or30 runs out of the pack

Any suggestions on what brand to go with next?? Is Hobbyking any good(Turnigy/Zippy)
    Considering these....

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=63428

Thanks for the input
    WOW 175 views and not even one reply? What is everyone running for batteries?

Look at revoblends, good quality and price. Much better than turnigy/zippy. Entropy are also very good buy only available from Aussie.
    Brisbane,QLD, Aussie

For one there are loads of threads just like yours make sure you try the search function. As far as the puffed pack you need to give us more info on your setup and the runtime

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Puffed packs more often than not are from discharging the packs too much. Running a boat till it is limping in is not a healthy thing to do to your packs, expensive or cheap. Best thing here to do is get multiple packs and just run for 4 mins or so. A plug in voltage checker(plugs into balance plug, $6) is a good investment here. Make it a habit of never running the batteries down past 3.75 per cell at rest(meaning once the pack is out of the boat). You will get used to the times you can run safely in a short period of time. It will vary depending on your setup.
    As a sidenote: I have noticed that the 'cheapy' packs do not store so well over long periods, they seem to drop a cell here and there.

As far as which packs to get, I have had the cheap ones, they are all fading out now. But my Dinogy and my Revolectrics are all great so far(2 years now)

Shawn

Default Bettery Recommendations

^ what Shawn said. :agreed:

That said, I've had good luck with sky lipos.
    Revos are good from what I hear.
    I just tried glacier packs, which I had to set on balance mode for like 2 hours, but now they are working just fine and balance out in like 15 minutes on my charger.
    The zippys I've owned I haven't cared for much at all.
    Turnigy I've never tried but a lot of guys like em, altho they seem hit or miss
    Dinogy and thunder power packs are good
    Also Hyperion are good packs.

All of these will puff if you're running them too low.
    I know it's hard to just run you're boat for 3-4 minutes tops, but if you want to keep you're packs in good shape this is a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Thanks guys! That's all great info. I will look into the new packs by revo and do shorter runs