Thread: My First Project Boat

Default My First Project Boat

Hey Guys,

Just about done with my FIRST project boat and thought I'd post some pics. Being new to the RC Boating hobby it only made sense to build a SAW boat. isn't that what all the nOObs build first..... And the thought of seeing a RTR boat sit on my work bench all winter and waiting for the pond to thaw just did not seem to make sense. ( I like to work on stuff) So I went with the TFL Genesis 900. It also helped there was a ton of info here at OSE for this boat. Of course it also helps to know someone in a club who is willing to spend an hour or more on the phone the first time you talk to them about bending stuffing tubes and such. (Names have been left out to protect the innocent). Anyway, here are some pics and specs. T180 V2 ESC, Leopard 3674 1700kv, 3/16" upgraded flex shaft w/larger stuffing tube & teflon liner, RC Boat Bitz Hardware, Extra-Large water cooling lines and fittings. Re-enforced Transom and Sponsons wth epoxy & fiberglass cloth. Just in case I go bigger with the motor one day. I know this boat doesn't fit into any of the P classes but hey, I can always get a Aquacraft or Proboat for that and we still have 3 more months til the pond thaws

.IMG_8970.jpgIMG_8963.jpgIMG_8965.jpgIMG_8968.jpgIMG_8969.jpg
    Jeff S.
    NAMBA #295

Welcome to the world of FE boating! Very nice layout! Clean and organized is the way to go.

Later,
    Mike Ball

Looking nice for sure! When you prop it keep in mind the narrowness of this hull, it likes pitch more than diameter....................a 42mm or less is gonna be in the "zone"
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

More Michigan mahem, great to see numbers on the rise!

Nice project and it's always good to wait until spring when lots of new stuff comes out.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    More Michigan mahem, great to see numbers on the rise!

Nice project and it's always good to wait until spring when lots of new stuff comes out.
    LOL..... Michigan Mayhem. And the MMEU pond is about 2 miles from my home, so the Michigan boys (MMEU) are gonna see me there ALOT.

HEADS UP!!!
    Jeff S.
    NAMBA #295

What kind of nut bag talks about boats for an hour at a time? Sicko.

Lookin good Jeff. I don't see anything I would have done differently. If you were racing it I might have recommended fewer KV but for zooming it will be fine. On one of my smaller cats I ended up shaving my skeg down to just a nub. We'll have to see how it runs first

We haven't scheduled our Feb meeting yet but we will shortly. Likely the weekend before the Winter Warmups.

Make sure you bring that to the meeting to show off. It's always fun to see what guys are building. I'll bring the new scale in what ever state of completion it's in. If I can remember I'll bring my setup board and we'll check your strut height and angle. That's a big deal on most cats.
    Noisy person