Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duel In the Pool 2015

Default Duel In the Pool 2015

Flier details for the Duel in the pool events held in January, February and March.

http://www.indyadmirals.org/Duel_in_the_Pool.pdf

Have the 3s mini rules changed in the past few months?There's no kv limit listed or battery specs and it says "and other boats".I'm just curious, I already have plenty of batteries for my Mini Mono, but if my Super Mono X is legal then id rather use it.I've had it alot longer and I'm just more comfortable trying to predict its path, I couldn't run it more then 3/4 throttle in a pool anyway, I just like how it steers.

Looks like fun!

Captain,

Again, the aim is to have boats that are all comparable, this is what creates the fun, we had some members with "small boats" that were comparable to Mini mono's and GP1's etc, so instead we just changed up the description to accommodate the members. Our club keeps focus on fun, as you will learn when you attend, club rules get changed to suit peoples equipment, and trend changes. Generally we have a meeting after each event to discuss rule changes, make requests, and share ideas. Today's rules are a result of the people and participation.

Don't get too hung up in the details, as you attend you'll very quickly learn all you need to. Its a friendly atmosphere, its not die-hard by any means.
    Last edited by trigger; 02-08-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Great to see the new forums!

Scott
    www.IndyHobbies.com - Bringing Indiana Modelers Together
    SSMA #01M9382

Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    Captain,

Again, the aim is to have boats that all comparable, this is what creates the fun, we had some members with "small boats" that were comparable to Mini mono's and GP1's etc, so instead we just changed up the description to accommodate the members. Our club keeps focus on fun, as you will learn when you attend, club rules get changed to suit peoples equipment, and trend changes. Generally we have a meeting after each event to discuss rule changes, make requests, and share ideas. Today's rules are a result of the people and participation.

Don't get too hung up in the details, as you attend you'll very quickly learn all you need to. Its a friendly atmosphere, its not die-hard by any means.
    Thanks for explaining that again, I understand alot better now.Since Aquacrafts are the usual examples I was just thinking the goal was to limit it to them only in some classes.I'll just load up a selection of boats then choose what I'm the most comfortable with when I get there.

Glad to be able to help, your plan is exactly what i'd do.

Looking forward to being there! Great to have rc boat fun in the dead of winter!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyHobbies View Post
    Great to see the new forums!

Scott
    Yes, Paul has done a great job getting everything off the ground and running.
    Great job Paul.

Mike
    Indianapolis Admirals Fast Electric Director
    Race CD

Thanks guy's, just adding to the good work already in place.

Another question about the mini class. I have a 20" boat that has a 2700 kv motor that went bad. I need to replace it to a acceptable motor to run with the mini mono class. This boat is about 4" longer should I find something closer to the 2000 kv that the mini Monos have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess at 2700 kv is a little slower on 2 cell than 2000 kv on 3 cell so I'm guessing if boats are fairly close in speed is what your after. I'm trying not to overthink this but want to have boats that fit in and have some fun

We like the stock equipment as it keeps things simple and everyone has a chance. It also promotes the dark art of setting up and tuning. Yes keeping them close is the aim of the game, as you point out a 2S set up on 2700kv will be 19980RPM and a stock mini is 2200kv giving 24420RPM, of course there are many other factors at play.

I'd come with what you have first. Then if you are bitten by the bug, gear up for the next pool events or outdoor season.

My first event, I had nothing at all and was pacing the pool like an excited school girl.

Did you try running the tunnels on 2 cell

I have not tried that - but there might be someone who has. I've only ever seen mono's used in the pool.

Do you do this kinda like outdoor with driver and spotter

Yes, although in the pool it's easier to keep track for some reason. Normally if a counter is needed we grab volunteers, for the most part there is normally enough folks to go around. And if we do miss count/loose count/etc, the CD use's his special powers to determine a placement.

Do the pool opens at noon and you race at 1:30 2:30 and 3:30? Do the scale guys run in between heats?

The pool is located inside the high school, it will be open before noon, however there will be people using it. At noon our time slot starts, the scale guys will have 30 mins first, then a whistle will blow and we will run for 30 mins, and so on until 3pm. (12.30, 1,30, 2.30).

Thanks for the clarification. There are 3 or 4 of us coming from the kankakee area. Are you opposed of us trying to run a tunnel in the offshore race on 2 cell?

I'm not personally opposed to it, the pool is really tight, so it will need to turn well. The CD (Mike) will get to make that call. Again, bring it, and let's just see. (Unless Mike chimes here of course.....)

just got the ruling from Mike via phone, "so long as it looks offshore and has a stock motor, its cool"

That said, if it falls outside this, there still might be chance to play time permitting.

Does someone have Mikes email? Or I am looking for an ose parts list on how he upgraded that mini mono shaft. We dug thru the basement and found the old mini mono. Also trigger what diameter prop was on your revolt.

Mike is H&YRacing, I'll tell you now there is no parts list......But feel free to ask him. Mike is a fabricator and enjoys custom stuff. (he's in this thread)

Not sure on the prop size, there are no numbers on it, looks about 45mm. Doesn't look like a lot of pitch though. (I have no pitch measurement tools)

No doubt you'll have it figured out soon enough

[QUOTE=dan pralle;611380]Does someone have Mikes email? Or I am looking for an ose parts list on how he upgraded that mini mono shaft.

Dan,
    The shaft is an Octura .098 flex cable. OSE sells it either unassembled or assembled. I'm trying to figure out how to attach the link, but don't see how. The OSE part number for the assembled shaft is OSE-098L. Under Home, Hardware, Flex Cable Assemblies.

Mike

Thanks. Did you replace motor coupler too ? Does ose recommend the stuffing tube size?

I made my own coupler. I wanted one longer with good fits.

I used a piece of brass tubing for the stuffing tube. The size is the one with 1/8" ID.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the info

Feb 28th is the next duel in the event - Looking forward to it already

I'm looking forward to it also.I picked up a Joysway Mad Shark tunnel hull, the white brushless version with a flood chamber.It should be a nice little boat for the mini class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast