Thread: Indiana: The Indianapolis Admirals RC Boat club

Default Indiana: The Indianapolis Admirals RC Boat club

If you have any info or questions for this club please post here.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Is noon the earliest I can show up on the 24th for the Duel in the Pool?I need practice laps to badly to think about racing yett lol

The pool is rented so 12 noon is the earliest. It is also shared with the scale boaters, so time is limited. That said we are not meanies, so if you need a practice lap or two before a race, that's fine. The pool can be a brutal place on boats for the unseasoned, due to concrete walls and confined space, so don't race anything you are not prepared to have accidents with. It happens to us all...... Note the 2s max on offshore boats and 3s max on mini's.

I'll post vid link shortly.

What are the details? Who can go and what to race?

Thank you very much, I'm more worried about hitting someone else than being worried about damaging one of my own boats.I have backup boats and spare parts that I'll bring, plus styrene and a airbrush at home.

They might not all be legal, but I have race boats, scale kits to build and a sailboat so I'm interested in it all.I just want to watch the pool action, get to know members and cruise around some with my 3s mini's when its safe.

There are two racing events, offshore boats like the revolt and mini boats like the GP1 or mini mono, the detailed flier can be found at www.indyadmirals.org on the race page.

All people are welcome, but be expected to prove driver skill and if you are wanting to enjoy the racing season or the pool events in February and March, then you will expected to join as a member ($25 for a year for one adult).

Thanks for the interest.

Captain, just come along, watch, get comfortable, we promote an easy going atmosphere. Then join in as you feel comfortable.

Pretty cool. We got board here in Illinois and built a pond on the basement. I have a revolt and another mono. Are you guys kid friendly or run seperate kid heats? Indys only 2 1/2 hours away this could be a funday.

http://youtu.be/NpNC6GqixC8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the pool......we are kid friendly, if there are enough kids then we could figure out a kid race, it depends on numbers and skill, my boy is the youngest and floats between kids and normal running. Even if they don't race, the scale boats are fun for kids. Vague answer I know, but basically we will try, maybe not on day one, but if longer term more kids show, then we will adapt as needed.

SubForum has been created for you guys
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Perfect thanks, we will move in to our new home..........thanks again

Any insight on how many mah it takes to finish a 4min race with a revolt on 2 cell? I'm use to the full blown 6 laps outside.

Link <--
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

See link above for continuation of conversation

Thanks to the Indy crew for my introduction and a fun day of Fast Electric racing. What a blast it was. I even managed to win a race on my first outing. I had an awesome race with Owen in the P Cat / Mono class, Great driving skills shown by him today on a clean pass for the lead with just a tick more than a lap to go. Gonna have to prop up to get some more speed. I saw your dad change props in the last race to a Mike special. I'm also curious as to what Motor he is using? I wonder if he will share that info?? Mike has learned from some of the best innovators in Fast Electric there is about props and how to get the performance out of them. Already looking forward to next months event. Test and Tune days before the next event are in the plans.

Brian
    Last edited by Sailfish; 04-24-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Glad to Hear you had a great time - Owens Boat build is posted on this forum, search for the Diegoclaus Christmas gifting.

For all other Admirals info/videos look here - https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com...s-RC-Boat-club