Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMPBA 2015 Spring Nationals April 18th&19th Atlanta Ga.

Doug, what's with the tiny scale props? Who cooked that one up? I'll be interested to see how that goes. IMPBA has the weird scale motor spec too don't they?
    Noisy person

Yes a handful of die hard gas guys running fast electrics. My work in Atlanta is done. LOL

Terry and Thomas. These guys are new to running FE but don't let that fool ya. We'll have to get together along with Chris Harris & Brad Schafer and come up with a plan to tear down the yellow wall a brick at a time. You'll see what I mean during open water.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Doug, what's with the tiny scale props? Who cooked that one up? I'll be interested to see how that goes. IMPBA has the weird scale motor spec too don't they?
    Hey Terry,

The idea there is to keep it a drivers class and reduce the anxiety of some of the die hard nitro Scale guys. I have been working and running with Rick Bellinger (our District Scale Director) for the last couple of years in running FE with the 60s. He wants to see the Scale #s up and doesn't really care what powers the boats. The 10s set up has been tested and it works. The 8s setup hasn't been run in the district and that's why "Subject to change at the CDs discretion" is in there. It's just an attempt bring some parity to the apples and oranges. Right now I have the only FE Scale entered. All good drivers, should be a hoot!

Yes we have the Scale motor spec. Remember all the noise about 80 MPH heat racing Scales when LiPo came in?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Yeah, I've seen some really fast scales run by some really good drivers and have notr seen a heat racer that was an 80mph boat. Nayman had perfect heats for I think a whole season and was still nowhere near 80.

You could probably get to 80 but roundy rounds? Not very practical.

My scale has a 2217 and weighs in at approximately 26 metric tons so needs a gigantic prop. Still needs a lot of work that one.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Chris Harris & Brad Schafer and come up with a plan to tear down the yellow wall a brick at a time.
    Chris might still owe me a punch in the head for one reason or another. I'll bring head gear.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Chris might still owe me a punch in the head for one reason or another. I'll bring head gear.
    LOL No you won't need head gear.

I agree, heat racing at 80 with a scale isn't practical. I have no idea how fast mine is. It didn't really matter because I was trying to match the nitro speeds.
    Ferrette broke 100 with one in E City. I'll remember that always as I was at the console.
    Very impressive.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Good luck this weekend fellas and have a great time. Sorry I can't make it. My youngest son is having his Catholic Confirmation this weekend. Eternal damnation for me if I miss it. Looks like you are going to have a great FE turn out. Be safe and LMK how things go!! :)

You're a good man. Way more important than playing with boats! I originally had a hard time with Sunday races, but I've learned how to make it work.

20150417_175724.jpgReally beautiful site down here. The weather is less than stellar however.
    Noisy person

Yikes,

You should get a break from the rain in the morning at least until around noon. It's rained over in Montgomery all week but we're getting a break now. So hopefully it will come your way. I'm going to try to get over tomorrow but depends on how I feel in morning. I've had the crud since Sunday can't seem to stop coughing.
    JOHN A. GROSS
    MILLBROOK, AL
    Crickety Crack Racing Team

Hey Chili,
    Messy day today for open water but it didn't stop anyone that wanted to run.
    Weather man says the weather will improve for tomorrow, but Sunday we may be back in the path of the "rain train".
    Terry and Tom (nice guys BTW, not at all what they seem like on the forum )came with some good running boats. P Mono is going to be epic. Terry brought a bazooka to a knife fight. Hoping one of us can push him out to I-285 at the start.
    As usual I spent the day running my butt off taking care of our guests, but I think my boats are ready rock. If not I'll always think the should have been.lol
    Hoping at this point to get through three rounds tomorrow and one (possibly two) on Sunday.
    Racing starts at 8am.

Have a great weekend with the family! We'll play another time.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    P Mono is going to be epic. Terry brought a bazooka to a knife fight.
    All I ever saw of Terry's mono at the Nat's was taillights.....

I am so jealous, really hate to miss this one due to work, but just could not
    get out of this refueling outage at the Nuke plant.
    However I have already signed up for 7 classes at the Andersonville race.
    Good luck to everyone in Atlanta, and have fun.

P.S. Remember Terry, Doug like's to have conversations during the heats.....lol
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

I can not there are no laws against having this much fun. The Atlanta boys and ladies are a hoot.

Ken, the boat is faster now. Had to find a way to slow down without just making vapor.
    Last edited by T.S.Davis; 04-18-2015 at 09:26 PM.
    Noisy person

This site really is sweet. Killer drivers stand. The weather held up and we banged out 83 heats. About 80 maybe after some were combined.

Finished up the day with some picture perfect scenery.
    20150418_194514.jpg
    Noisy person

Glad everyone is having a great time. Sorry the weather is not the best. Everything went well today with the family and I have the Suburban packed up with six boats that need the cob webs knocked off of them tomorrow morning.

My son and I always have great time in Atlanta. The Offshore course is challenging though.. The buoys are deep in the corner and I always seem to cut one. LOL

So what's the story with this picture posted on IW??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Haha. Well it's warm but at least it's raining again. Georgia.........the rain state.
    Noisy person

I was watching the weather radar for the Atlanta area today...you guys finished your Ark yet?
    Last edited by Doby; 04-19-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Finished up the forth round and called it due to a Tornado watch. Everyone was on their way by approx. 12:30.
    We really wanted to run a fifth round as there was some unfinished business in a couple of classes, but it just wasn't in the cards.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Home!
    Noisy person

MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President