Thread: external water pick ups ?

Default external water pick ups ?

Not a racer,just for fun . Recently crashed my UL1 and rebuilt the front sponson. Now that it is finally primered and ready for paint , I was curious if you guys prefer to run an extra water pick up for more flow to ESC and motor or should I tee off exsisting system or just leave alone. I would rather do it now if recommended before painting
    If so what ones do you guys recommend

Ive done the "t" way and have seen reduction in temps by 10-15 degrees. Most people will tell you not to do it this way because it goes against conventional wisdom, but it worked for me. Cant hurt. I dont like adding extra pick ups because of the extra drag, but thats just my way of thinking. None of my boats have the t fitting setup now because i've over done the components based on what i'm doing with it. For example...say I only needed a 60 amp controller for a certain setup...well i have a 120 amp on it. Over motored too in most cases and more than enough battery. every boat i have runs cool because of this.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was