Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 West Florida Model boat club, Sarasota, FL

I'll see Ya'll there.

see you all there. I cant wait
    Blackjack 29. Deltaforce 33. Cheetah twin, Insane FE30
    1/10 1970 PaynPak, Aeromarine Jersey Skiff

Guys I don't really know how to put this so I'm just going to say it.
    I just do not see where Bennett Park is any type of improvement over Ackerman. It was every bit as choppy today as Ackerman would have been (maybe more) and the pit room (or lack of) is a big step backward in my opinion. Even though Manatee county might let us invite some other clubs over for racing there's not even enough room for our own group if we had a full turnout of members. In my eyes it's a narrow path with a healthy slope on both sides and no place to put up a sun shelter or even set up a table on level ground.
    To me it's kind of a moot point since I'm now more into flying RC planes than boating. but I do not see this relocation as a good thing for the club.
    My apologies in advance as I know Scott and Chris worked hard on getting this place.

The intention was not to pit on the walk way to the dock, I had figured we'd pit like we did today at our cars and eventually we'd get a table or two for the launch area like most other lakes. And we're deffinetly gonna dress up that launch area with some stone or gravel we'll get it in shape. What's that saying? "Rome wasn't built in a day" And with parking organized, there's plenty of room for our group and others we just can't let it get bottle necked up there by the dock walkway. I realize everybody wants to be as close as they can get to the launch area but even at Ackerman unless you got there first you still had to walk to the launch area. No problem Bill, no hurt feelings here and THANK YOU very much for going and getting all that stuff so we could get the markers up that we did and at least salvage the day.
    Last edited by flraptor07; 06-14-2015 at 08:16 PM.

I agree it was rough out there today but the wind was out of the south which is very rare. It is usually out of the east or west like it was last week which was actually windier and the water was smooth. I think we are going to have some growing pains but will get this place figured out. I have raced all over this state in district races and the only thing that is close to the launch area is the staging pit. People are parked and pitted all around the lake. The big grassy area would not be too far away for a larger race. For the normal group of guys we get thew way we did it today works fine we just need to work on it. Just my 2 cents. RIP Hydro

whats sundays weather going to be? hugh and I want to run 10th scale if calm enough and sprintcats and he wants to run a 1/8th scale hes been secretly working on....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Don't know but I'm not gonna forget my radios this weekend! Sun 10:00am Cloudy, winds NNE @4 mph, 50% chance in the afternoon. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna go over Saturday am finish markers and I'm trying to come up with some gravel for the launch area.
    Last edited by flraptor07; 06-24-2015 at 07:25 PM.

wind sounds do able Chris don't for get your radios!!!!! is there any way to to get a orange marker at start and some corners?

Hey guys, Im sad to say Im stepping down and likely will not be joining you to run boats any longer. Ive got a lot going on right now, including picking up a very good full time job for a construction company out here as well as Im still doing my stuff on the side for quite a while. Ill be working full day Saturdays and part Sundays for the next couple months until I get caught up with work I have left over and pending from my business since taking a full time gig. Boats and especially driving that far to run isn't going to be doable and its not fair for all of you to have a Pres who cant make it but now and again.
    I very much enjoyed the few years I ran it and had a lot of fun and great experiences as well as made several very good friends. It has been a blast but its time to hang it up.

Chris, its all you bud! Ill work out the details with you asap. Ill be in town the Sunday of the 4th and give you all the club stuff as well as a bank check for closing out the account.

Bill, please update the webpage and remove all my contact info. And thanks for all you do!!!! Not many people realize what a part you are into making WFMBC what it is and growing into what it has become.

Have fun!!! And good luck with the future WFMBC and Bennett Park. I hope it becomes what a lot of us feel it can be.

-Scott

PS, if anyones looking for boats, hit me up via email. Im not shutting down my wfmbc.scottk account, I jut don't want it to the public anymore.
    HPRs are staying with me but most others Im considering selling. I have no need for them. So hit me up and Ill let you know what I have... from RTR to empty hulls....
    Last edited by tiqueman; 06-26-2015 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Hey guys, Im sad to say Im stepping down and likely will not be joining you to run boats any longer. Ive got a lot going on right now, including picking up a very good full time job for a construction company out here as well as Im still doing my stuff on the side for quite a while. Ill be working full day Saturdays and part Sundays for the next couple months until I get caught up with work I have left over and pending from my business since taking a full time gig. Boats and especially driving that far to run isn't going to be doable and its not fair for all of you to have a Pres who cant make it but now and again.
    I very much enjoyed the few years I ran it and had a lot of fun and great experiences as well as made several very good friends. It as blast but its time to hang it up.

Chris, its all you bud! Ill work out the details with you asap. Ill be in town the Sunday of the 4th and give you all the club stuff as well as a bank check for closing out the account.

Bill, please update the webpage and remove all my contact info. And thanks for all you do!!!! Not many people realize what a part you are into making WFMBC what it is and growing into what it has become.

Have fun!!! And good luck with the future WFMBC and Bennett Park. I hope it becomes what a lot of us feel it can be.

-Scott

PS, if anyones looking for boats, hit me up via email. Im not shutting down my wfmbc.scottk account, I jut don't want it to the public anymore.
    HPRs are staying with me but most others Im considering selling. I have no need for them. So hit me up and Ill let you know what I have... from RTR to empty hulls....
    Well Scott, I really hate this but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Just holler when you want to get together, and I meant what I said in the text the other day. If ya need to talk I'm here for ya...... You'll be back some day

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    wind sounds do able Chris don't for get your radios!!!!! is there any way to to get a orange marker at start and some corners?
    Yup Ron, we got bright green ones and like I said in the last post. I'm gonna go out Saturday AM and finish the markers and try to get a little gravel down for now so the launch area's not so muddy. The Concrete blocks an Crab trap bouys are set, I just need to sink the Bouys and put the Noodles on.

Rich, Did you get a good trebble hook so we can drag for the boat?

Sorry to see you go Scott.

Anybody want to volunteer to be the new Manatee county contact?

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    Sorry to see you go Scott.

Anybody want to volunteer to be the new Manatee county contact?
    I guess it's me Bill. Chris Dudley Cell 941-737-0197 Email flraptor07@gmail.com

Thanks Chris. I'll get it updated this evening after I get home.

Scott,

Sorry to see you givin it up. You'll get the bug back after a short break.

Chris,

You need some help tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Chris,

You need some help tomorrow?
    Sure Ray, I'll let you know what time this evening. I think I gotta make a Sam's run with Mom early.

who all is comeing sunday? Hugh and I plan on being there....Chris, what time u be there sunday?

On Sunday, I'll be there about 8:00.

Scott,

Sorry to see you givin it up. You'll get the bug back after a short break.
    No where near givin it up. Building like mad over here and I run boats almost weekly at the house. Just no time to drive 3.5 hours to do it anymore. Finding 15 minutes to squeeze a run in now and again will happen. Just not much more than that for a few months

Scott sorry to see you go. You have my number if you ever need to talk.
    Chris I did pick up a treble hook and will be there as early as possible to see if I can find the boat. See you all tomorrow.

I just wanted say a big thank you to chris for doing most of the work setting up the course today. Thanks again Chris!

I just wanted say a big thank you to chris for doing most of the work setting up the course today. Thanks again Chris!
    Hey you did all the smart work, with the cyferin' and such!!

Ron's Blowover

and that was the extent of my running after 2 hours of drive time easy to fix just a little light in the nose

here is hughs 8th scale maiden run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2fLoSZ6JWs

I'm meeting with Scott this weekend to get all the club paper work, bank account Ect. After that I'll set up a new club account local at the same bank I use for my banking "Bank of the Ozarks". I do need dues from one more person, Ron my address is 4523 51st St E Bradenton Fl 34203 If you could please send me a check made to: WFMBC I would appreciate it.

ok pretty sick right now probably get too it end of week

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    ok pretty sick right now probably get too it end of week
    Good deal, thank you Sir hope you feel better.

right now all I can hope for is death lol

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast