Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shockwave 26.....50.4mph..lol

Default Shockwave 26.....50.4mph..lol

I know most if you guys could care less about this little boat. But to me, this boat means something. This was my first boat...my entrance into this hobby. I'm a speed demon at heart and I tried my best to get my original shockwave to go over 40 - 45 mph. I failed miserably. I could not keep it on the water. I literally tore the boat up trying to do it. So now I thought I'd go it a go again and see if I've learned anything. Well I've found out that evidently I have......and I'm not done with it yet.....
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That pond is too small for you Trav.!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    That pond is too small for you Trav.!
    I know! Lol. The other ponds I run at were occupied by people fishing. I didn't want to disturb them. I bet it would have went faster if i could have stretched it's legs.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Yep, you are gonna need bigger water now with the speed you gave that little guy, very cool and great job!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Yep, you are gonna need bigger water now with the speed you gave that little guy, very cool and great job!
    Thanks! That's not my normal pond....I was desperate and had to find something because a bunch of people were fishing in my first pick for a pond to run in. I'll have a Better run next weekend weather permitting.

Very nice, looks like you had to get of the throttle a little to early to make the turns.. Yep you need a bigger pond. Fast little rocket.

That screams!

New best!

It seems so fast in a little hull hey Travis.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    It seems so fast in a little hull hey Travis.
    You should have heard what everyone was saying that was out there on the river. The neighbors even came outside to watch. It's downright unruly. Lol. I guess I need to put better turn fins and trim tabs on it.

Quick little thing!
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Quick little thing!
    I added a little weight to the bottom... I flipped it three times and all three times it landed right side up. Like a cat lol

I like it, I want to do a repower on my son's Shockwave 26 (older brushed version) but just something to keep up with Grandpa's new Blackjack 29.

That motor I have in there right now works really well.

Went run it again. This is a fun little boat and very reliable. Here's a video of it

This is how it went

man, you got the "touch"!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post

man, you got the "touch"!
    Thx! I feel it's worth a mention to say I'm still using a aluminum CNC 443 prop. I've never had good results with CNC props either. I need to try some different props.

Wow, 43mm and so stable, no torque roll hints at all!
    Travis, I have a question: did you sand the leading edge of this CNC prop at all? I don't use them often either but on the few I have I was wondering if it is needed, they seem a bit dull and thick...
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Wow, 43mm and so stable, no torque roll hints at all!
    Travis, I have a question: did you sand the leading edge of this CNC prop at all? I don't use them often either but on the few I have I was wondering if it is needed, they seem a bit dull and thick...
    Very stable. I have a few of these props, someone gave me a few to try out to see how I like them. The one on the shockwave I did sharpen. On my mini Rivercat I did not touch. And yes your right, they aren't sharp at all untouched. They still work well tho.

That thing is rockin for a 443. Man, is that a new spot Travis?

That thing is rockin for a 443. Man, is that a new spot Travis?
    Yes, it's about 25 to 30 minutes from me. Some guys that wanted to see the Rivercat run in person (they saw my YouTube videos) invited me out there. Awesome spot. A few neighbors came over and watched too. We had a good time. I was told we can come back anytime we want. Bout the time my esc died in my Rivercat, the water got glass smooth. Go figure. Lol. I'm building another as I type this. The shockwave is a super fun mono, more so than I ever thought. I have some better turn fins and trim tabs on the way for it. Might as well upgrade. I'm sure I can get 60 plus out this boat.

I may hafta build a little mono. It is just so fun to just reach behind the seat and Chuck in a small boat.

I may hafta build a little mono. It is just so fun to just reach behind the seat and Chuck in a small boat.
    I know. I haven't put much time into this thing either. After seeing how it goes fast and handles chop, I'm building a bigger version of it very soon.

Hey guy, I too have the version- 3 boat...
    Check out post 24 in this thread... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...h-shockwave-26 - That's a Tacon 2858 - 2000Kv motor - the can is 60mm long (lots of torque) and 2044Kv measured with one of these... http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rch=kv%20meter

Lotta people look down their nose's at these little boats, but there a hoot. You can get them on the cheap & hop them up for less than a C-note. Paid $100 for hull with hardware off FleaBay, had everything else on hand.

I'll admit it's not as fast as Trav's, but it'll spank the brushed version like a red headed step child; also faster than the stock SW26v3 brushless version.

Not sure how old your son is, but think he'll be more than happy with the performance boost.

Currently doing upgrades, almost done, will post updated pix & hopefully a vid soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    I like it, I want to do a repower on my son's Shockwave 26 (older brushed version) but just something to keep up with Grandpa's new Blackjack 29.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

Hey Trav - what motor you end up using??

Also, in post #1 - you said... tried my best to get my original shockwave to go over 40 - 45 mph. I failed miserably
    Did you try anything to stiffen the hull??

I'm in the process of filling the entire front of mine with expanding foam, had to do it in stages. Feels a lot different, more like a glass boat

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    That motor I have in there right now works really well.
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast

Quote Originally Posted by RCBoaterGuy View Post
    Hey Trav - what motor you end up using??

Also, in post #1 - you said... tried my best to get my original shockwave to go over 40 - 45 mph. I failed miserably
    Did you try anything to stiffen the hull??

I'm in the process of filling the entire front of mine with expanding foam, had to do it in stages. Feels a lot different, more like a glass boat

I'm using a 1415 2400kv castle motor. Nothing get warm and the battery lasts for a while. I didn't try to do much to the original one because I was pretty inexperienced at the time. I did add some foam to this one tho....and I'm glad I did. My son did something Yesterday (I wasn't watching ) and the top came off partially and it completely filled with water leaving the tip pointing up out the water. With the small amout of foam it came with I'm pretty sure it would have sank just like another member on here had his impulse 31 sink.

Dam dude, that's a serious ass motor!! At Castle's site checking there stuff out. Is it a true Castle or the Neu / Castle mix?? Which is better??

Got one of those K1 meters like you have, delivered Saturday - instructions kinda funky (+ missing cables - got used), once I figured out, tested that Tacon I used for the maiden - 2044Kv - member of this forum made fun of me for using a finned motor, look who's laughing now. Hell, we're both using finned motors

My concern with using longer can (60~74mm) motors like you did is: the plastic in the area where the motor mount attaches to the hull is not very thick, started to add F/G in that area with the hull I sold Jeff, but never finished. Thinking this might be stronger & easier way to support long can motors... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-83005 - epoxy it to the hull with some f/g tape to tie it down.

...didn't try to do much to the original one because I was pretty inexperienced at the time...
    Same boat I'm in, using my SW to cut my teeth for projects ahead... IM31v1 & MG29v2. I've had a couple other boats, learned some things, but gettin serious now-a-days, bigger amp ESC's (120A+), custom motors, professionally S&B'ed props, etc.

...I did add some foam to this one tho....
    As I said in post #11 here... https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...h-shockwave-26 - been adding foam to the front. Original idea was to stand the boat up and dump it in, was told do not do that. The stuff on the outside will cure first, then the stuff on inside will cure & bust the seems. My reason had more to do with stiffening the hull than sink protection. And it is much stiffer now, by the time it's done will feel like a glass boat. Little extra weight, not bad tho. Should keep the nose from bobbing as much.

... pretty sure it would have sank just like another member on here had his impulse 31 sink...
    You know, I'm really glad you said that. Like I said above, I'm working on one of those. Hearing that, gonna add foam to the front 1/2 of the boat & each side of the battery tray.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I'm using a 1415 2400kv castle motor. Nothing get warm and the battery lasts for a while. I didn't try to do much to the original one because I was pretty inexperienced at the time. I did add some foam to this one tho....and I'm glad I did. My son did something Yesterday (I wasn't watching ) and the top came off partially and it completely filled with water leaving the tip pointing up out the water. With the small amout of foam it came with I'm pretty sure it would have sank just like another member on here had his impulse 31 sink.
    Last edited by RCBoaterGuy; 02-12-2015 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Remove Excess Verbage

detounged the prop and sharpened it.

Never seen anyone run in chocolate milk before...................... Looks great!
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    Never seen anyone run in chocolate milk before...................... Looks great!
    It's not actually chocolate milk, it's french vanilla. My secret to going fast. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast