Thread: Boat newb here! Recommended ESC for impulse 31v2

Default Boat newb here! Recommended ESC for impulse 31v2

I just purchased an impulse 31 v2 and heard a bunch of horror stories of people blowing their stock ESC when running 6s. I want to keep my boat as stock as possible but want to be able to run 6s plus have the warranty to be their in case something happens. I talked directly to horizon and they said 6s won't be a problem. Anyone have recommendations on esc size. Will 120A be fine?

Thank you!!

Obama?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Obama?
    It's the presidents brother from canada....😝

I dont get it. A seaking 120 would be a good choice, seaking 180 would be the best choice, little overkill, but safer and you can use it in something else when you decide to upgrade.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I run a t180 in my impulse v1 on 4-5s no problems there but when i run 6s I break the flex shaft and need to go with a .187 shaft
    so I'm just sticking with running 4s-5s with a m445 prop and a .150 flex shaft and running in the mid 40s.

I went with the dynamite 120A esc. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to run 4s to start with until I tune up the handling then bump up to 5s this will be with the stock prop that will be sharpened and balanced on stock 80A esc system. I will eventually try out the 6s with 120A set up down the road after warranty is up but it's good to know it will be safer to run the 120A

Quote Originally Posted by bayrackobama View Post
    I went with the dynamite 120A esc. Thanks for the replies guys. I'm going to run 4s to start with until I tune up the handling then bump up to 5s this will be with the stock prop that will be sharpened and balanced on stock 80A esc system. I will eventually try out the 6s with 120A set up down the road after warranty is up but it's good to know it will be safer to run the 120A
    why bother asking what to buy?

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...