Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: help with shockwave 26

ok here u go finished it today, so starting on the second one, tearing it down to repair some damage. here is what it looked like before and now
    100_2291 (2).jpg100_2291 (2).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    I need to come up with a paint scheme for our Shockwave 26. Was wondering if the normal lexsn body spray cans would be flexible enough for the coating.
    this is how we do atv fenders they flex alot so i looked this up for you, this has a step by step how to do it. it will also work for plastic abs boats. i am told.
    http://www.urethanesupply.com/atvpainting.php i used the same method on my hull i just did, but i got paint from auto paint supply shop in spray cans. and took rcboaterguy suggestions . and preheated paint it did do very well and layer out good.
    Last edited by okieman98; 02-26-2015 at 09:06 PM.

i am still thinking on the second hull i have, and going with different color maybe red are yellow not sure yet have time still to decide. still need to order in motors for them and one more esc. waiting on some parts now for the painted one.

ok here is a pic of the hull i repaired . just could not chunk it. so the color is apple red my cheap cam does not do it justice, it is like a mirror.learned a lot and really enjoying the builds and communication i have had and the knowledge that had guided me along the way.100_2292 (2).jpg

Nice job, I am really looking forward to my rebuild/repower. Custom paint is on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamelesstgr View Post
    Nice job, I am really looking forward to my rebuild/repower. Custom paint is on my list.
    this is really my first build and have really enjoyed it. it helps me pass time and i enjoy the sport. since i have got into the boats my helis have been doing alot of setting. but i still get the bug to fly. cant wait to Finnish and do some testing. i am still waiting for some parts to come in from overseas and me and my wife fly out to fla in the am sat morning, (cruz time) since we started packing, i have found our video cam so i can tape some runs. with all the upgrades. still looking on how to find are make some good decals. but i did luck out and found a guy that does custom wraps for cars, he is only 20 miles away, i talked to him about boats and he said he can do it without any trouble . so when i do the next one i going to let him do the custom work on it and wrap the post. be gone 10 days so when i get back parts should be in and i can start back in.

well got back into town and parts are in so have to pick them usps tomorrow. after painting the red one i did not like it so started sanding it down to do a color change. fix to assemble one so i can start testing getting warm days now. got to a inventory and make sure i have everything i need.

I've got some parts on order finally. Assortment of props to try, epoxy, foam flotation, temp gun, and planning my paint layout as well.

post up some pics

ok i got these for the shock wave, but i need water cooling jackets http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Inrunner.html

was looking at these will they fit this can. 540 Water Jacket Beautifully machined aluminum water jacket. Threaded hose fittings that wont come loose. Fits most 540 size motors. 36mm ID x 44mm long. Spare o-rings included. $13ea

20150325_090702.jpg20150325_090804.jpg20150325_090819.jpgside.jpg

New items and the bare hull. Just need to finish my bathroom remodel and I can get started on prep work of the hull. Really like the color combination of this former Titan hull I found on the web, I believe it was a member here?

yah the red and white looks good.would look good on your hull to

20150327_232017.jpg20150330_204948.jpg20150330_205005.jpg20150330_205012.jpg
    Been working on getting ready to reinforce the motor mount area with fiberglass and epoxy. Started thinking I'd like to add some cowl feature to the back hatch. Hacked up one of my son's old toy cars to give a scale looking feature to the Shockwave (Who we are now calling "Project Slingshot")
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

looking good, i started sanding again on the red one about 1/2 done, did not like the color after it cured. i am fix en to do the same thing, the reinforcing the bottom.post up photos when u get started.

Any updates on your shockwave? I've finished epoxying mine, need to start sanding, still toying with paint scheme ideas, but it's warming up in Chicago and my house projects are winding down.
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Hey Bruce, I did finally complete the epoxy application on the problem areas. Feels rock solid now, it's not the purdiest, but I'm learning. I'll add some new pics to my build thread I started. I want to take a shot at fabricating some trim tab / turn fins that are a little bigger.

Still thinking about the paint scheme. I want to do a water droplet effect I saw on YouTube on the top of the hull and hatch that was pretty neat. On the sides of the hull, maybe a little carbon fiber effect and then the logos.

I'm still half tempted to just put her back together and see what she runs before paint, 30-40 per the OSE calculators depending on prop selection 40-51mm. Should put me right where I want to be versus the Supervee 27 and BJ29 on 4S.

well got tied up with life stuff , weather, my youngest graduating from high school, all the Assembly's and banquets we had to go to. been awhile since i have got to work on the sw 26s but with the recent flooding and being stuck inside i got the inside fiber glassed i will but up some shots soon as it set up, also been building a rescue boat. boy when everyone said to reinforce the sides and hull i be leave it now, after the first one of the 2 dried it rock solid now thanks everyone for the knowledge and input

ok here are the photo of the glass work, still learning but i used z poxy instead of the fiberglass resin it cost a little more but it seems to come out better looking when i am done being i use to patching big hulls not this kinda stuff.

101_2283.jpg101_2517.jpg101_2518.jpg101_2519.jpg101_2520.jpg

hope Bruce (rc boaterguy) approves he has given me much needed knowledge on these abs hulls and changed my outlook on them. once i finish all that i have i have a new abs hull in mind

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123