Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Volume order for tp 3630 1950

Same here, no way to use the provided orings, they are simply way too large. I will have to order new ones also to be able to use this cooler...
    Any one here with success of installing them and how please?
    Thanks

Doug,
    I also had issue's with the O-Rings, finally gave up & used a set I had on hand -- 36mm X 1.5mm, got them from Kintec while back. Still a little tricky to get in, but once in place they work great. I used a dash of silicon shock oil to lube them.
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

The O-rings do seem to large for the can. However I was able to get all of mine in. I did like 10 of them. There is a technic to getting them in. No way I can put into words though.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Robert...they are a pain in the ass to install, takes a lot of fiddling and swearing, but they do eventually fit.....I cursed Doug each time I've had to put them in....if I had a Peterson Voodoo doll he'd be dead by now.

Well, I have tried and tried and tried...
    Now they are in the freezer to see how much they will shrink and I will try again....
    Good thing I have UL-1 motor cooler as spare just in case....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Robert...they are a pain in the ass to install, takes a lot of fiddling and swearing, but they do eventually fit.....I cursed Doug each time I've had to put them in....if I had a Peterson Voodoo doll he'd be dead by now.
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

I tried one cooler and I got one side on and then when I went to put the other end on the front it would not go. I took it off, turned it around and tried the opposite way and crack. I split the cooler all the way across to the other side. Cheap cooler but, I've never done that before, lol... I have another cooler that works.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Got all my O rings in with some oil and a little fiddling, no voodoo dolls. just gotta have the fingers for fiddling !!
    Cheers, Jay

Drilled out the water in/out let's as well before installation, they were a wee bit narrow!
    Cheers, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Same here, no way to use the provided orings, they are simply way too large. I will have to order new ones also to be able to use this cooler...
    Any one here with success of installing them and how please?
    Thanks
    I had these motors before you guys started the volume orders. I honestly think that they are of different sizes.( "O" ring that is) I have had a real easy time for my first two motors. Then the questionable size "O" rings stared to appear.....

The technique is to seat the ring in the groove, but that is common knowledge..... trick is to "spread" the body of the ring into the groove. The extra length bit need to be evenly pushed back while being spread out DOWN STREAM with two fingers .
    In a net shell, the O ring is too large, and freezing it may not help, by the time you get everything lined up, the temp is back to normal, at least that is what I have found. Another words I had zero luck with freezing them, I resorted to lots of and ( I didn't have a candidate to stick pins into some voodoo dolls)
    I do like the cooling jacket for its low profile and the slanted nipples, however, I will use them only where absolute low clearance is necessary.
    BTW, the effectiveness of this seemingly low profile/narrow water outlet jacket is not much different that the more popular ones. I did compare them a while back and found no significant deficiency.
    I will now use HRC now that they are available
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Well if TP can't keep their tolerance's on their O rings consistent....it now brings in to question the repeatability of their KV ratings, physical dimensions and the possible use of extra heat shrink on the wires.

Time to look for another spec motor....

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post

Time to look for another spec motor....

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I had these motors before you guys started the volume orders. I honestly think that they are of different sizes.( "O" ring that is) I have had a real easy time for my first two motors. Then the questionable size "O" rings stared to appear.....

The technique is to seat the ring in the groove, but that is common knowledge..... trick is to "spread" the body of the ring into the groove. The extra length bit need to be evenly pushed back while being spread out DOWN STREAM with two fingers .
    In a net shell, the O ring is too large, and freezing it may not help, by the time you get everything lined up, the temp is back to normal, at least that is what I have found. Another words I had zero luck with freezing them, I resorted to lots of and ( I didn't have a candidate to stick pins into some voodoo dolls)
    I do like the cooling jacket for its low profile and the slanted nipples, however, I will use them only where absolute low clearance is necessary.
    BTW, the effectiveness of this seemingly low profile/narrow water outlet jacket is not much different that the more popular ones. I did compare them a while back and found no significant deficiency.
    I will now use HRC now that they are available
    I smiled a little reading these posts. Been there bought the t-shirt and ripped my fair share of o-rings trying to install some water jackets. I'm convince the motor department doesn't talk to the water jacket department.

The HRC water jacket for the TP3630 is breeze to install.......as always.

Your not alone...
    Finally gave up and used a set I had on hand...

http://www.kintecracing.com/Water_Cooling_BQFJ.html - scroll down to "O" rings, size = 36mm X 1.5mm -- 9262K657

Still a tad too big, but they will go into place - used a small amount of silicon shock oil, cooler slid into place after that & was water tight. But didn't feel comfortable with it for reasons that were brought up in previous posts. Not bashin, just personal pref.

The AQ gold can seen in the pic in post #146 fits nice & snug. Could only get it to go on from the front, not sure why, cost is only $6.30 - bargain as coolers go.

If you wanna try the Kintec rings, PM your snail mail addy, I have a spare set I can send your way. Close to doin another Kintec order, I'll get more then.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Well, I have tried and tried and tried...
    Now they are in the freezer to see how much they will shrink and I will try again....
    Good thing I have UL-1 motor cooler as spare just in case....
    AQ MiniMono - CopterX 430XL 3550kv BL Outrunner + Seaking(V2) 35A on 2S VERY Fast
    Pro Boat SW26v3 - 2860-2600kv + Seaking(V2) 90A on 3S, Build in Progress
    Pro Boat Stealthwake 23 - Stock For Now - Brushless Down The Road

GOT IT!!!!
    I decided to cut the O ring and remove the extra length but still leaving it a bit longer so when inserted in to the grove and squeezed by the motor
    when installing it will fill the gap properly.
    Tested today in the sink and it works perfect. Very tight and no leaks under positive and negative pressure.
    Predrilled the water in and out lets also....
    Good to go in my Papaeye for season testing....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Wonderful!!!!
    Your POPEYE looks great. Time for me to get another one for this motor.......

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Doby
    Time to look for another spec motor...
    Doby you are quite the character. Actually I plan to run some more "on water" data testing this summer with other motors. I built two boats just for this purpose. An M&L Sport Hydro and a Aeromarine mono. Both will be fitted with Eagle Tree Data Loggers. By the end of summer I hope to have a list of motors that fit our Spec goals. Send some motor recommendations to me.

Lipo Power - The boat looks good. I do wish I would have installed the O-rings before sending the coolers out.

Later - Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Dougee:

I like to harass you and will continue to do so..(everyone needs a hobby)...but your group is doing the right thing by looking at motors to hopefully "supplement" the current batch of "approved" motors in your club/district (maybe eventually the world)

It has to start somewhere......

My second motor will be making the rounds eventually from my OPC, Spec Cat and Spec Mono so once the water ceases to be in a solid state, I'll be reporting more "Before and After" results based on my series of scientific test parameters that are designed and approved by me.

Again, anyone who doesn't like the results are free to do their own testing...

I will be swapping the TP motors out for the Michigan Cup this year to comply to the current approved list, but it would be cool to be able to run them against other boats at the race to see how they do.

Terry...we need a "demonstration" class at the Cup this year!!!!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456