Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume order for tp 3630 1950

Default Volume order for tp 3630 1950

Due to the interest and wanting to go into the next season with an inventory I am going to do one more volume order of the TP 3630 1950. After that we'll ask Steve if he wants to carry this one in stock. This TP 3630 1950 was "water tested" along side the AQ 2030 and was found to be very close in performance. And we believe it will be longlasting.

These motors will be $75.00 shipped. $85.00 if you want the cooler.

I will be placing this order around January 12. Let me know here if you want to be added to the list.

Please - this thread is not a NAMBA P-Limited rules debate. The debates are over. We are a group of guy's taking a different direction. We are focused on more choices with better motors. If you too wish to be proactive - order a motor.

Doug
    Last edited by DPeterson; 12-24-2014 at 01:06 PM.
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Hi Doug. Do you know if Dave@HRC is machining coolers for these yet?

rickwess

No - I do not know. Can you do us a favor and find this out? :)

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Doug, put me on the list please.
    Noisy person

Doug, I would like 2 with the coolers please.

Quote Originally Posted by DPeterson View Post
    rickwess

No - I do not know. Can you do us a favor and find this out? :)

Doug
    Dave does make a 36x50 cooler that is meant for the AQ motors. I've emailed him and he'll look into the TP36xx sizing.

I have some on order.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Hi Doug,
    Put me down for two with water jackets.
    Cheers, Jay.

rickwess - thanks for checking on this. The TP cooler is a little short on water volume. The good thing IMO is that the motor looks as though it can take a little heat.

Steve - thanks for adding the motor to your shop offerings. I promise this will be my last motor offer. I don't wish to be in the motor supply business.

Terry - thanks for at least looking at the motor. I know it had to be a little hard for you.

I really do believe that by focusing on "more choices", "better motors" and "tech approved" by "on water" testing that we can put an end to this 3 year electric plague we all suffer.

Whats the 3 year electric plague? Seems every 3 years on average we have to re-tool. Alot of us are sick of it. 05 motors to 700 motors to quality brushed motors to rtr motors. The rtr motors take a crap and now we are back at it. We are going to get it right this time. We are going to find motors from multiple suppliers that meet our "on water" objectives for Spec motor classes.

Cheers - Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Put me down for another one with a cooler Douggie.

Same here, I'll like one with cooler please..
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Steve - thanks for adding the motor to your shop offerings. I promise this will be my last motor offer. I don't wish to be in the motor supply business.
    No problem Doug. Im just piggy backing off your testing. I figured if you tested it, it should be a keeper.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I would like one too please Doug. Ship it with Doby's and we'll split the costs. No cooler for me please, I've got quite a few spare coolers laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Put me down for another one with a cooler Douggie.
    Thank you and hope your Christmas was nice.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray, motors are $75.00 shipped...
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Cool. thx.
    Nortavlag Bulc

maybe a slightly vague question However if propped right would this be a capable motor for a 38" cat

brogreg - I would say no. The can size is too small for this size hull. Plus I would suspect a 38" cat would do well with 6S instead of 4S.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

So if I come out to your place this summer what classes would i need the motor for?

Hey Howard
    Are you finally going to get on the band wagon. :)

Our locked in Club races are PLSS (P-Limited Super Stock) Mono, Sport Hydro and Tunnel. Then we will run box stock if they show up. We also have Open electric (this is a run whatever you brought class - gives us a chance to run some bigger electrics). After that we have a good assortment of Gas classes and nitro. We'll have our Web site updated in a couple weeks for the 2015 year.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Can we order a different size of motors or is this only for the 3630 1950kv
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royalcasa View Post
    Can we order a different size of motors or is this only for the 3630 1950kv
    Thanks
    The thread title seems to be pretty specific...

Terry - thanks for at least looking at the motor. I know it had to be a little hard for you.
    I have to admit I've been up and down on the "spec" thing. While I understand your frustration Doug I cant ignore what has made those classes successful here in MI. That being accessibility. Easy breezy go buy one and race it without needing to be a rocket scientist to compete. I know you can go faster than a RTR. Me too but not lap after lap for 7 or 8 race weekends. I go too fast, flip, break something, because I'm a lunatic. Whatever. There's always something that evens out the endpoints. It's happened year after year after year in our club.

Some things to think about in your quest. Trying to be constructive honest. The technology changes in FE almost as fast as I can type. Think about the changes that we have experienced in 10 or so years. When I started it was 05 cans and 6 Nicd and that was about it. Some of the changes that have popped up................... were:

700 8.4bb
    700 9.6neo
    700 SS1 (we all had all three versions)
    Rc Hydro speedo to run 12 cells (had to have this)
    2600 mah Nimh (had to have it and had to change the rules for it)
    Don't forget the new chargers for Nimh
    28 versions of NiMh culminating at around 4800mah (had to have each new one and had to have matched)
    End to end soldering. Had to do this.
    FM radios (anything else was silly)
    Aveox brushless (wanted that!)
    Aveox sensored ESC (couldn't have one without the other)
    Hacker motors (yes please)
    Hacker 70 amp ESC (sensorless is faster so you must have this, plus can't run the Hacker on the Aveox speedo)
    Feigao motors (ha, your $275 Hacker got whipped by a $70 motor)
    Hacker 77 (woohoo 77 amps) fire fire fire
    Hacker 99
    Hacker 125 (wow!)
    Deans connectors (ugh)
    Astroflight connectors (better)
    Lehner motors (holy crap these are the stuff, please sir may I have some more?)
    3.5mm bullet connectors
    remember Chilli Pepper motors? (ugh)
    Neu motors (something great from the states? Yes please)
    5.5mm connectors
    6mm connectors
    8mm connectors
    Schulze (twice the money of a hacker but no crispy critters so you can repair them!) yes please
    Castle ESC x 10 versions that I can remember (not a must have but still a tech change)
    Lithium polymere! (throw out every battery and charger you own it's useless, screw the rules, safety concerns, or existing racers equipment, we want em now now now)
    DSM radios (because anything else is silly)

When some of us jumped into big boat classes our wallets finally burst into flames. Calls to Chris Fine sounded like this "10s2p costs how much? Yer kidding right. How much for the speedo? OMG Well, I want it so I'll send you my wallet. No don't worry about any change, just keep the whole thing."

Not all of those were for everyone obviously but my point is, you're going to retool again. We all are if we're going to continue racing FE. The technology changes. Quickly too. We truly are on the cutting edge. Sometimes we're defining and even discovering that edge. It's fun to be at the forefront of something. Expensive. Especially long term. Cheap......ish with very little technology changes? Go gas.

You're focused on these spec motors that had a hiccup in the supply. Why this? Why not focus on the ever changing battery market? Or the ever changing radio technology? Or the ever changing charger market? Rhetorical questions you don't need to answer.

I personally would rather have tried to fix the supply chain. This appears to have happened. Finding a new/better/more reliable motor isn't some evil idea. I follow the thinking and understand the frustration but at what cost? I'm not willing to just poop can the existing classes because I'm disappointing with AQ or AQ's chain of supply.

I want to do some of my own testing on the TP motor so that I can have an educated opinion instead of second hand knowledge. Same thing we're doing with the SSS motors. TFL doesn't have a RTR currently that fits and if I am allowed any influence on it they wont have one in the future that screws up what has been putting butts on the drivers stand.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    TFL doesn't have a RTR currently that fits and if I am allowed any influence on it they wont have one in the future that screws up what has been putting butts on the drivers stand.
    I find this hard to understand because you are a tfl hobbies team driver... Why not a pursuit with the TFL 36x60mm 2000kv motor equivalent like the 1950kv Doug is dabbling with? Pmono sprint class or offshore right there.

Not that it matters much to me, I have enough boats to keep me happy for now. I just want to beat it up like I did to 2 or 3 UL-1 motors to see what happens.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Why not a pursuit with the TFL 36x60mm 2000kv motor equivalent like the 1950kv Doug is dabbling with?
    Sounds like a no brainer doesn't it? TFL has a half dozen boats that could be 4s RTR's that would be quite competitive in limited with the right motor. First though we wanted to make sure that motor can hang with the AQ and Proboat motors and also that it isn't head and shoulders better than those. Hard to quantify "better". Just don't want to but upset the apple cart too bad.

It takes forever to get stuff done. It's worse when you want to test it to make sure it works.
    Noisy person

I hear you now.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Please - this thread is not a NAMBA P-Limited rules debate. The debates are over. We are a group of guy's taking a different direction. We are focused on more choices with better motors. If you too wish to be proactive - order a motor.

Doug
    Friendly kick in the butt reminder.......

Oh shoot Doby. I just got on to refute everything Terry posted and then seen your post. You are right - the debates are over as far as many of us are concerned.

For those considering making a motor change - here are your choices when wanting to run in the 45-50 mph P-Limited range. 1. Continue to run the AQ 2030 (were you lucky enough to get one of the new ones or were you one of the sheep that had to purge the inventory?) 2. Wait for Terry and the tfl gang to come out with another mediocre motor/fuse. 3. Run a TP 3630 or another similar motor that meets the "on water" objective of Spec racing.

In short, run a motor that "slows" or run a motor that "blows"!!

My order goes in January 12. I'll start excepting paypal next week.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Doug said it must be hard for me. I explained why.

A dozen runs in ice cold water is not on water real world testing and proof of concept. The TP are made in China too.

You left one out

3. Force the manufacturer (kicking and screaming if necessary) to respond to customer concerns.

Did that last one. At least that 3rd option doesn't split the classes into pieces.

When/if TP has a fluctuation they are unaware of from say the people they buy their winding wire from will you then bail on them? Or will you help them find the glitch? History seems to indicate that the fix will then be a complete purge again.
    Noisy person

None of these motor suppliers give a coons butt. That is evidenced in the response already received by a couple vendors already mentioned.

Time permitting I'll have a list and or small inventory of motors from various suppliers that achieve the "on water" goals we desire. If TP goes south I'll go north, east or west. Why in the world would anyone spend time messing with defunct motors when this whole issue is so controllable? Don't know how it works for most of you, but I value my free time at the pond and at the races.

Happy New Year - Doug

A dozen runs in ice cold water is not on water real world testing and proof of concept.
    Terry - I know you are operating with a tfl agenda but it is unlike you to sling false statements like this.
    Last edited by DPeterson; 12-30-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Gonna go against the current direction of this thread....

Put me down for a couple more. No coolers this time, I'll be trying a couple from Steve. The TP coolers work fine if people are wondering. I'm just willing to try some others.

Lee

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast