Thread: Pursuit Mono x445/Octura Prop ; de-tongue? or keep em' ?

Default Pursuit Mono x445/Octura Prop ; de-tongue? or keep em' ?

I have a x445 on my new Pursuit 32" mono running 4s2p 60c 2150kV/T180 setup. the boat is running flawless; a carbon re-inforced hull i purchased here on the classifieds that ran a weekend at FE Nats then went up for sale. All i did is sharpen and balance and polish up a bit. When i had a hydro and a rigger i had de-tongued and the little rigger had a back-cut de-tongued prop.

I have heard that a mono like the tongues. True? I am just sport-boating here in San Diego, Ca. and this is my first FE mono. Got the bug on r/c boats again to where i am running two-sets of packs in the morning on the way to work.

thanks for any insight, Harry

Harry,
    I run mine with either a M445 or M545, the M series is de-t'ed and the boat runs great. The x series gives more ''bite" out the hole but the m series unloads the motor and is supposed to have an edge on the top end of speed.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

The stock prop for the Pursuit is a severely detongued 4 series, i believe its 42mm(?), my friend and I ran while I had an x442 and he the stock prop with same motors and he seemed to have an advantage in the straights and he would beat me in a 5 lap race around our course 2 out of 3 times or so. The turns were not an issue for him either as he already had straightaway momentum and it didnt lose bite.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=