Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't like the new classifieds setup

Default Don't like the new classifieds setup

Takes an extra click to get to the for sale section. Not a big deal right, true, but that's a 50% drop in efficiency getting to where you wanna go.

I think it give a cleaner look to the main page.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Don't be so lazy...

It's not about being lazy. 'Improvements' shouldn't reduce the overall efficiency of getting where you want to go.

It moves all the for sale items, private and commercial, to one area.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Quote Originally Posted by kookie_guy View Post
    It's not about being lazy. 'Improvements' shouldn't reduce the overall efficiency of getting where you want to go.
    i get what you're saying, and its true... but hey, its a free site, and you'll get used to it. Last time they changed it it was the same reactions from people, but in the end it was an improvement and wouldn't go back now. I'm sure it will all work out.

on another note, i always felt like OSE should have options to become A supporter for a yearly fee, and allows you access to Special threads, like giveaways from OSE, and such. maybe like, $25 a year to support the forums, and that money can go back into event support or Giveaways. Maybe allows you more picture and inbox capacity. larger Avatar photos. just extra granted access to things.
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I second the idea of an "A" member. Could generate lots of revenue for just such occasions like giveaways, coupons, etc. Not a " requirement " but an option! Almost like a NAMBA or IMPBA membership's for a minimal fee.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Yeah, I mean, it's just an option for members. Those who choose to donate get more features with the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Sponsorship and contest giveaways are already in the works. Please be patient.

Thanks for the support on the new layout guys.
    I agree the for sale area was a casualty of the rest of the forum. It had to include an extra click in order to make the rest of the forum more organized. The needs of the many outway the needs of the few. If it becomes too much work to perform the extra click, I suggest enlisting the help of a bookmark or favorite in your browser.

Thanks again!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Its one extra click...

My line of work is all about making things as efficient as possible, not adding steps to something that wasn't broken to begin with. meh.

My line of work is all about making things as efficient as possible, not adding steps to something that wasn't broken to begin with. meh.
    But the thing is they are trying to clean up and better organize the forum.

What Would you rather, a drawer with everything just thrown in or seperate drawer for different things in a more organized way?
    Last edited by kfxguy; 12-21-2014 at 01:23 PM.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Dude.... Now you're just being difficult. You should stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped with post #1. It was my observation, and that was that.

IMO, the dawn of computer age is THE giant step backward...... talk about efficiency..... The "tool" I use for making a living was made in 1740, in Rome, to be exact!

The only thing good about computer and the internet is THIS FORUM----that, I am not kidding!

OK, OK, all kidding aside, Like Luck said, I am getting used to it and actually quite like it, and I am aware and appreciative how much thought and time the mods have spent and given.

it's Sunday, sorry for my usual rants.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    What Would you rather, w drawer with everything just thrown in or seperate drawer for different things in a more organized way?
    1 drawer with everything properly labeled and organized.

1 drawer with everything properly labeled and organized.
    Lol, I have different drawer for different things and different containers for different things. Sometimes stuff just gets thrown in....when it gets out of hand it's time for me to go through and re organize....that's what they are doing. :)

The whole forum is a mess. Too many categories.
    Noisy person

I counted 42 with the sub forums in the swap. Product reviews are in the sale forum?
    Noisy person

I'm sorry you don't like it either, I knew it wouldn't please everyone, and didn't expect it to.
    As far as the product review location, I'm not sure about you, but when I plan on making a purchase, I look over the reviews of that product first.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This isn't amazon. It's a swap shop. Product reviews when I purchase new sure.
    Noisy person

Terry the forum WAS a mess.
    I spent Fri. evening till 1am., and the whole day yesterday moving and organizing threads and we still have work to do. I can only imagine the time especially Danny, and the other guys have spent on this. Shoot, Danny crashed the server.

You'll like it when it's done hopefully.
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 12-21-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: remainder of post was on the wrong thread.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I don't know Doug. I've been on this forum for a long time. I know plenty of people that have been too. Sometimes we talk about things form the forum outside of the forum. Ya know like face t' face. LOL Just have never heard a single human say "it's so disorganized".

Two separate forums for IMPBA and NAMBA races is probably not necessary. There aren't that many FE races to begin with. You also have grouped races with rules discussions for each organization. "FE Races and results" would have worked.

I'll be patient but I think you guys are headed the wrong way. KISS method.

Now that I think about it.......does anything belong in the "Fast Electric Rc Boating Talk" discussion area?
    Noisy person

I think you guys (Mods) do a great job. You set it up how ever it works the best for you. After all is said and done it is FREE !

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    You also have grouped races with rules discussions for each organization.
    I know, did that to put you in a tailspin. J/K

Seriously, I plan on going back through those sub forums in case a thread was better suited elsewhere. It is possible (my eyes were bleeding) that something is out of place in the "Rules & Info" and "Events" & "Events" and "Results". Some of those threads are soup. It seems like some FE racers have issues sometimes staying on task. What's up with that??
    Open to suggestions and critique. If you see something specific that needs to be moved in this area fellas, we're punching keys for you. It should get easier going forward.

D.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    I think you guys (Mods) do a great job. You set it up how ever it works the best for you. After all is said and done it is FREE !
    Danny, Dom, Jim, Jeff, ^^^ this^^^ is gonna have to go. It fits like socks on a rooster in here.

Thanks DJ.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    This is the best post yet.....

lol socks on a Rooster !!! YW bud... I like the separation of topics, like any work in progress its going to be a bit confusing at first. One thing I would like to see. Since there seems to be an ever growing interest in "SAW" and now Drag Boats maybe a subforum for them. But no big rush, you got enough going on already... tks guys... DJ

More subforums, less subforums, when you guys come up with an idea that is unanimous, I will make it happen right away.

I think everyone should have the ability to move everyone else's threads to places they see fit....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast