Thread: #illridewith-you

Default #illridewith-you

Well done Aussies, you have shown real class after The Sydney hostage drama. I just wish that more nationals of other countries did the same and NOT paint all individuals who are of a race or a religion with the same tar brush for the actions of a disturbed individual. Do not embrace the media and other fanatics who fan the flames of fear and retribution.....be pragmatic until all facts are revealed about some of the issues and dramas that occur on a daily basis.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Well done Aussies, you have shown real class after The Sydney hostage drama. I just wish that more nationals of other countries did the same and NOT paint all individuals who are of a race or a religion with the same tar brush for the actions of a disturbed individual. Do not embrace the media and other fanatics who fan the flames of fear and retribution.....be pragmatic until all facts are revealed about some of the issues and dramas that occur on a daily basis. Douggie

Well said!!
    My heart went out with all the victims and people there, but I was moved to tears when I saw Muslim women placing flowers and wiping their tears away and while not feeling being judged by fellow Australians. At a time like this healing is most important!
    Too many boats, not enough time...