Thread: LASER & CNC - Cutting, Etching, Engraving & 3D Printing Services

Default LASER & CNC - Cutting, Etching, Engraving & 3D Printing Services

Capabilities/Machines:

2 CNC Tables
    4'x10' & 5'x10'
    Machines can route, engrave, etch just about any material you can imagine.
    Wood, Acrylic, PVC, Carbon Fiber, Foam, Aluminum.....
    At the moment I do not offer 3D routing but hoping to get into that in the upcoming year.

100 Watt Laser:
    Approximately 4'x4' Cutting area (Longer things are possible with registration)
    I can laser large/tall objects up to about 1' tall such as Prop boxes and anything else like that, the table has a removable bed so height isn't ever an issue.

3D Printer (Z Corp Color Powder Printer)
    This printer prints with multiple layers of powder which get hardened and is capable of printing colors.

Any questions please feel free to ask.
    I will be posting some photos/samples in the up coming weeks/months but figured I would start the thread and get the ball rolling.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

This is so awesome!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

One current project I am working on is 3D printed Scale Motors and Drivers.
    They will be offered in all Scales & Sizes.
    Stay tuned!

Here is a photo of a test motor I printed up for fun.
    The other motor shown is a resin cast & foam motor from my 1/10 scale for reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

How heavy would the motor be Jeff?

jim
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post

jim
    Still working on that without having exact print to measure can't really get a reading.
    It needs to be hollowed out otherwise it would be heavy. The one I printed is solid and weights a god amount.
    With things hollowed out I am hoping weight will not be an issue.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

jim
    Can't be too heavy, I was just reading in the local paper that they made a prosthetic for a young girl with a 3D printer. Maybe Jeff can get that spare hand he needs at times now.

Sorry, just home from a long day.

That is some very cool new gear you have there Jeff.
    Last edited by srislash; 12-15-2014 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Can't be too heavy, I was just reading in the local paper that they made a prosthetic for a young girl with a 3D printer. Maybe Jeff can get that spare hand he needs at times now.

Sorry, just home from a long day.

That is some very cool new gear you have there Jeff.
    Haha to funny I would love some extra hands!
    Seriously though there is some awesome new things going on in the 3D printing world.
    The 3D filament printers they have started to print rubber with them now so the prosthetic hands they really do make they can now make joints for them out of rubber by 3D printing them. Really cool stuff.

Defiantly some cool machines and I am truly blessed to work at a shop that has these machines in it.
    There is a world of possibilities in the manufacturing/creating/maker world it's awesome to be a part of it.

I am still learning the 3D programs to truly be able to utilize the 3D printer to its capacity.
    I wish it was easy as hit the PRINT button but it's most definitely NOT.
    Excited to do a lot more with it this coming year!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Here are a few more samples of some things that have been done lately on the laser:
    Aluminum etched plate
    Etched fish bone gift decoration
    Awards/Plaques
    Routed wooden dove with laser etched lettering
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

There was a guy in Canada printing motors for a while. Used to run Lou's Fast Electric RC. Maybe someone still has a contact for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he still has the files and isn't using them for anything. He had a whole collection of them at the time.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    There was a guy in Canada printing motors for a while. Used to run Lou's Fast Electric RC. Maybe someone still has a contact for him. It wouldn't surprise me if he still has the files and isn't using them for anything. He had a whole collection of them at the time.
    Hook me up. If I had good files to use id be off and running on the scale motors.
    I have seen some seriously detailed 1/8 scale motors I found which are plastic model parts I assume injected something. They were pretty good prices as was thinking of contacting that company I found to see if they would be interested in some type of partnership. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Otherwise I'm just going to use it as learning experience and draw my own.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Pete Steinke has sold off the building that he used to keep that 3D printer at. He doesn't run boats anymore but, is a full time entrepreneur importing and selling electric bikes at Golectric. I should call him, it's been a long time since I talked to him.

Nortavlag Bulc

I still have f few of his parts. Jeff the motor's would need some work. I sold some of them and the material used than was real rough and almost a sandy texture
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Pete Steinke has sold off the building that he used to keep that 3D printer at. He doesn't run boats anymore but, is a full time entrepreneur importing and selling electric bikes at Golectric. I should call him, it's been a long time since I talked to him.
    Any help if possible greatly appreciated!

I still have f few of his parts. Jeff the motor's would need some work. I sold some of them and the material used than was real rough and almost a sandy texture
    Sounds similar to the material out printer has.
    Some light sanding is typically required but nothing major.
    The binder fluid used at the end to harden things should also help smooth things out.
    Some filler primer and should be pretty darn smooth.
    We haven't had any issues smoothing things out and making them nice and clean.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Just a phone pic but here is one
    Billy Graham

Nice toy I knoiw that will come in handy I will keep that in mind good luck with it Jeff!

Just a phone pic but here is one
    The parts off our machine are definitely way way better then that.
    The Z corp printers are one of the top 3 best brands available.
    You can tell the difference in the photo I posted with the motor.
    Very slight bit of grain look to it but I did not sand it. I'll definitely have some better samples after first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Nice toy I knoiw that will come in handy I will keep that in mind good luck with it Jeff!
    Thanks Chris. They definitely keep my brain going trying to think of things to make.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I talked to Pete today and he no longer has his printer. Sorry for the bad news. I have Mastercam X2 and Solidworks 2004 orsomething. I would really like to get back into 2D/3D design again since I enjoyed working on a 10' x20' router a while back cutting large aluminum extrusions that created the starburst facade on Calgary's "The Bow" skyscraper
    Look here, cool building and I'm still not shy of saying that I am proud to have been a small part in it.
    My grammar really sucks when I'm tired....
    http://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=w...)%3B856%3B1460

Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I talked to Pete today and he no longer has his printer. Sorry for the bad news. I have Mastercam X2 and Solidworks 2004 orsomething. I would really like to get back into 2D/3D design again since I enjoyed working on a 10' x20' router a while back cutting large aluminum extrusions that created the starburst facade on Calgary's "The Bow" skyscraper
    Look here, cool building and I'm still not shy of saying that I am proud to have been a small part in it.
    My grammar really sucks when I'm tired....
    http://www.google.ca/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=w...)%3B856%3B1460
    Very cool Ray!

I take it he doesn't have any of his files anymore?
    If he does I would love to possibly see if he could send me some of the boat ones he had??
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Colors on the printer, that is way cool! Now, I am patiently waiting for this....

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    Colors on the printer, that is way cool! Now, I am patiently waiting for this....
    Yes nice photo Ray.
    I'll be working on it this coming month hopefully start printing a few pieces for the Allison's.
    Stay tuned!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Hey Jeff. Do you have a file for the piston motor they used to run in the vacationville? Not exactly sure what that was.
    Noisy person

Haha. Is that what was posted a few posts ago?
    Noisy person

It's a turbo charged allison

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Billy Graham

I'm working on it at moment.
    To many projects and the motor is one that will take some time to produce and generate the graphics for.
    I was hoping not to have to redraw all of it but seams that's what's going to happen.
    It does look like I'll be able to do some turbos though and maybe the top stacks but that probably will be about 2 months out at this point.

Classichydros has a good wood kit that works well and have heard people use airplane tires for the turbos and aluminum tubing for the exhaust.
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

If it is for 1/10 the scale both Mitch Dillard and Craig Bradshaw are making some motors now

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Billy Graham

Here is a picture of a custom battery tray I made for Kfxguy for his rivercat.
    I made a set of 2 for him.
    The protective cover is still on the which you can see pieces of through the cut outs makes it look like it's not cut smooth but I assure you the cuts came out perfect.
    I'll post more/better pics soon as he gets them in the mail.

The size of these are 12"x1.995"
    Should fit quit nicely and look great!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Jeff, I got my trays in today...one day earlier than expected! You did an excellent job! They fit perfectly! I'm putting them in right now. Here's a pic...store bought on the left...too wide to fit. Added strap slots to make velro strapping easier and made the oval slots a little smaller so I'll have more area for Velcro to stick to

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Hey Jeff--I'm finishing a Switzercraft Baby Bullet Kit from the 152vo website in Germany and would be interested in a 3D 1/5.2 model of a Martin 200SS outboard motor. I have a full size blueprint of the original OB and have a TFL mini OB and a Lawless Lower unit modified for electric that would be a lower leg. Let me hear from you sometime. G Ray Hamby