Thread: Please help(new in boating)

Yakuzall Guest

Default Please help(new in boating)

Hi i am new in rc boating and I just bought a pro boat impulse 31, but I want to upgrade it better esc and engine !
    I was looking the leopard 4082 series and a hobby wing seaking 180a or a dynamite120a with a dynamite 6 pole 2000 kv or 1500kv engine to run 6s

What prop wold you guys recommended for both set ups ?

And of extra upgrades :
    Dual rudder
    V1 & V2 Turn Fins
    Adjustable Metal Trim Tabs

Tanks
    sorry for the spelling I am from Brasil

Yakuzall Guest

Please adm delete this post I think I created in the wrong place

Since you are relatively new to RC-Boating, I think you would be better off to run 6s with a 1500kv motor.
    I don't have the boat and can't tell you if the size of a 4082 motor is practical or not, but for a 2000kv motor of that size to run 6s, you will have issues to deal with . I don't know the Dynimite 2000kv/6 pole motor either, but again, kv too high for 6s especially you just want to enjoy your boat right now.
    Hobbywing Seaking 180A ESC is a very good unit. If room would permit, and since you are spending money to upgrade, why not get this and you don't need to look for another one . it is always good to have head room in the Amp rating .

V2 turn fins for sure.
    Dual rudder---
    Too many boats, not enough time...

As always great advice tlandauer!
    Only thing I would add is spend some time looking over Darin Jordan's posts concerning the Impulse 31, he played a big hand in the design of the boat and has posted many informative threads on upgrades and testing of this boat. I think you will learn a lot!
    Welcome to the forum!!!
    Corey
    This is NOT a toy?!?

Dual rudders also increase drag and slow the boat down. There is MASSIVE turning power with the single rudder.

I have a setup guide for the impluse which also covers upgrade options, shoot me an email if you'd like a copy at jqhydro@gmail.com

Chief

Tlandauer
    I all ready have same experience driving boats but I never thought about tunning it so I know how to ride but I don't know what's the best prop for an engine what is the most powerful motor that I can put in my impulse

But what you think about a 4082 or a 4092 ?
    I want to push me and my boat to the limit max speed out his hull with good ride to tough

And I want a 6s set up because I all ready have 2 pairs of it

Tank you

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Since you are relatively new to RC-Boating, I think you would be better off to run 6s with a 1500kv motor.
    I don't have the boat and can't tell you if the size of a 4082 motor is practical or not, but for a 2000kv motor of that size to run 6s, you will have issues to deal with . I don't know the Dynimite 2000kv/6 pole motor either, but again, kv too high for 6s especially you just want to enjoy your boat right now.
    Hobbywing Seaking 180A ESC is a very good unit. If room would permit, and since you are spending money to upgrade, why not get this and you don't need to look for another one . it is always good to have head room in the Amp rating .

V2 turn fins for sure.
    Dual rudder---

The most motor you will need to max that hull out is a 4082, in the 1400-1600kv range for 6s, I would run 2p if it will fit, it should as I have fit 2p in my similar sized Pursuit. T180 ESC is perfect, or a swordy 200.
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

Tank you BHChieftain I am sending you an email

Tanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuzall View Post
    Tlandauer
    I all ready have same experience driving boats but I never thought about tunning it so I know how to ride but I don't know what's the best prop for an engine what is the most powerful motor that I can put in my impulse

But what you think about a 4082 or a 4092 ?
    I want to push me and my boat to the limit max speed out his hull with good ride to tough

And I want a 6s set up because I all ready have 2 pairs of it

Tank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Make-a-Wake View Post
    The most motor you will need to max that hull out is a 4082, in the 1400-1600kv range for 6s, I would run 2p if it will fit, it should as I have fit 2p in my similar sized Pursuit. T180 ESC is perfect, or a swordy 200.
    I agree with Make-a-Wake.
    Not sure if the wooden platform will support a large/long can like the 4092. Also there may not be enough room to fit or even if you fit everything in, the COG may be off. ( I don't know exactly, but it is a possibility)
    On my MG I made a rear support for a 4082 .
    Also, on 6s, the massive torque with these BIG motors has to be considered, so choose wisely.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    I agree with Make-a-Wake.
    Not sure if the wooden platform will support a large/long can like the 4092. Also there may not be enough room to fit or even if you fit everything in, the COG may be off. ( I don't know exactly, but it is a possibility)
    On my MG I made a rear support for a 4082 .
    Also, on 6s, the massive torque with these BIG motors has to be considered, so choose wisely.
    Ok thanks Tlandauer I think I will go with a TP Power 4050 2050kv that is the same size as a Leopard4082 with a little more power and KV
    what you guys think?