Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MRP Mr Pringles Hydroplane

Very nice! The Miss Budweiser was my second boat back in the day. I have purchased a Miss Bud and Mr. Pringles off Ebay since I got back into the hobby but I need to get them running still.

Doesn't look like the same boat, nice job.

Do you see that driver's name? That's Scott Pierce, my brother! I was on this crew for one year. It was a gas! Proctor and Gamble had big cardboard show pieces made of him for store displays. We used to do all kinds of warped things with those to get his goat! Scott currently owns the GP55, 26' Hydro with 496CI, blown on alcohol motor. He has a driver now, he's old and his back is all jacked up from the crash he took in that boat. My icon is his boat running in San Diego. My 34" Hydro is painted like his boat, as a tribute to my Bro. We call it the Littl' GP55! The GP class is a step under Unlimited hydros. The H1 Light class has just about disappeared and a Unlimiteds aren't very far behind, sadly... Do to mis-management in the sport...

Here's a pic of the Littl' GP55... Its dinged up, I crashed it pretty hard. Scotty had the driving talent, I built engines!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
    Here's a pic of the Littl' GP55... Its dinged up, I crashed it pretty hard. Scotty had the driving talent, I built engines!
    Nice looking boat Craig. It doesn't look dinged up to me though. .If this is a dinged up boat I can't imagine what your nicer boats look like. . .immaculate I supposed.

If you zoom in on the pic, you'll see to fixes in the fiberglass, up by the front of the nose. Also, the wing has patches on it. It hit the shore doing right around 50. My poor driving skills... I had a fast motor and prop on it, bad idea for a new boat! The boat was going faster than my mind could keep up with it. It was at the point for the far turn, running along the left shore, only about 15' out. I freaked out and turned hard left! It didn't hook (wish it did) and slammed into a hard, rocky section of the shore... I thought it was totaled, but it only took front damage. It ripped the wing off. It hit and stopped so hard, the batteries went crashing forward, and it's the corners of those hard case batteries that popped the glass. The motor mount broke free completely from the bottom, and those were epoxied and fiberglassed down, it popped the seem in the front. And, I had just painted it! Here's some pics, before any repairs and the crash site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OH MAN. . .OUCH. .Ok I definitely see it now, but I still like the color scheme. . .it's awesome. It gives me ideas on what colors to paint future hulls. . .thanks

I got to tell ya, those checkers were a bitch! Getting the right tape, stuff that won't pull the base paint off or bleed underneath. After I finished, I swore I'll never do it again. But that was 2-1/2 months ago, so at this point I would do it. I won't have to mess with in to patch in the paint. Will be doing that soon. Thanks for the compliments, I just love this boat and my brother was quite stoked too! The gel coat was yellow, but I shot a different yellow over it. The bottom is white.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12