Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MRP Mr Pringles Hydroplane

Default MRP Mr Pringles Hydroplane

Here is my old MRP Mr Pringles I built, it uses a 1800kv motor from the Aquacraft Wildcat, with a 50amp esc and runs on 3s. Best mph so far has been 35 mph. Possibly upgrading to a better esc in the future to run 4s. Boat is very stable and runs like a champ. Thanks for looking!

DSC04895.jpgDSC04897.jpgDSC04891.jpgDSC04898.jpgDSC04904.jpg

Cool, I have a Bud hull up in the attic in good shape. 35 is pretty good and I don't know how it would be beyond that. That would be the top end of design limits.

When I started I used to have one of those and believe it was a twin electric.
    Batterys' weren't what they are now and put a OS 21 side exhaust in it for fun mostly.
    It handled it very well until I hit a turtle and the rest was history.
    Brings back memories!! What a Fun Boat!!
    Tim

Thanks all. I tried to run this boat with 2 brushed titans and a traxxas evx2, but had nothing but issues. Boat was too heavy to get up on plan easy and didnt handle well at all. I scratched the original idea and went brushless with lipos. The weight saving alone made a huge difference.

I thought 35mph was pretty good also, I would say it can handle more (40's), though Im not sure if the plastic can handle much like mentioned above, would be afraid it might crack it. I really like the mrp products shame they went under

Mr Pringles in action- excuse the WOAH in video, person filming got sprayed :P

Nice, good to see the ole girl running. Running great too, mind if I send this to my bud that still has his Miss Bud from way back?

Sure thing! If he has any setup suggestions I am all ears. Though Im limited to prop at this time. Not sure how much more can pull out of this on 3s

I want to see it on 4S...it rides nice and flat right now.

Nice work. I still have an old Miss Pringles with the stock 2 motor setup. Pulled it out a few weeks back to contemplate getting it running again. It is missing the drivers canopy but the rest still looks good. Even found the decal sheet.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to use it in a fruit salad.
    PB BlackJack 29 / AQ Motley Crew / Tenshock Mini ECO / Phil Thomas Stealth

Nice! If I found a Miss Bud I would pick it up asap! :)

Quote Originally Posted by CWBETB View Post
    Nice! If I found a Miss Bud I would pick it up asap! :)
    Really, I have one in attic, would you put it to good use? I'll get pics tonight if you like. Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Really, I have one in attic, would you put it to good use? I'll get pics tonight if you like. Shawn
    Please do! The one I am interested in has the flares in the rear little different then the Pringles hull. Like this one

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserima...08215931_1.jpg

Nice! I used to have the MRP Miss Bud. If I were you I would buy a AC UL-1 esc motor combo and 4S and an H-7 prop (may need a UL-1 turn fin instead of the stock MRP one)...Should see speeds closer to 50!!

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Here are some pics. It has been painted, water cooling added and a Octura rudder setup but the hull is sound.

And the interior

Ol' Girl didn't look bad with your set-up,moved along nice. A decent 4S set-up would wake it up for sure.If I'm not mistaken, the old Buds and Pringles had some add-on styrene ride pads you could install on the sponsons to sharpen the edges up a bit.Might be worth it if you want to put some time in the boat.I have an old Graupner Taifun on the shelf,almost makes me...............naaaahhhh
    Dan Mead
    NAMBA #1888

The boat is made out of styrene, get a little wind and more vibration with more power and the Stryene will stress crack. If you want to keep it stick to the 3S and go for a little more motor. Make the upgrades in hardware (strut) and that will help a lot.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    The boat is made out of styrene, get a little wind and more vibration with more power and the Stryene will stress crack. If you want to keep it stick to the 3S and go for a little more motor. Make the upgrades in hardware (strut) and that will help a lot.

AND that's my dilemma :) I would hate to break this hull, seems happy with the power now maybe a touch more, I am afraid the 4s will make it crack out much easier. Have any links/pics of mods you would do to pump this up a bit more on 3s. I have to say the prop now it runs super cool, so I could increase the prop size a bit, Im not even sure if this prop is a hydro prop

It would be a educated guess on the motor, a little larger in size and up the Kv a 1000. You will need a stronger ESC then too. Probably need to glue in some fiberglass rear of three inches of the sponsons up the inside and over the tunnel. Real hard to get to though. Don't know if it is really worth cutting the deck at the shoe box to remove the deck from the bottom. You diffidently would be able to reinforce the whole bottom then. A lot of care and careful cutting with a exacto separating disk. I then worry about safety using the cut off wheel, they can be real dangerous.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Oh and the corner of the canards would need help/reinforce too.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Hey right on, looks great. Nice revival.

Thx, I learned from my mistakes :) Much smoother and much more dependable now

Great looking rig!
    NEVER SATISFIED RACING
    Fine Design 32 V-Hull 4082+6s

Nice! I love old hydros
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

a new video is needed now
    volantex vector pro ,proboat veles 29 , traxxas spartan, hobbyking/tfl pursuit ,ft009 with rescue rigging

Great paint! How long is the hull?

Hull is about 24-25 inch. Not much of a video but a slow mo of the new setup https://www.facebook.com/CWBETB/vide...4066444513216/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast