Thread: leopard 4092 prop sugestions for more speed

Default leopard 4092 prop sugestions for more speed

Hey guys, I have a CF cheetah running leopard 4092 1480kv I'm runing 4gens ace 5000mah 3s hard case packs, I have them wired to make a 10,000 may 22.2 battery. Runs great solid 5-6 minutes hard running. Its spinning an x447/3 and overall its running fine and cool. Want to get some more speed out of it. Any prop suggestions that would benefit speed? Smaller more rpm? Bigger pitch? It has ridiculously insane traction and even at ten MPH will flip into the air if I hit the trigger. From dead stop punching it will send it skyward and back flipping. So smaller and some slippage should not be a bad thing it has to much traction i think. Today will probably end the season for me as the lake today in New York had some ice on the downwind side so its over. But looking to get some stuff together for the spring. I had my step daughter shoot some vid today and the temps were cold so I think that effected top speed as batteries were cold. It usually seems a touch faster. I bent the rudder control rod last month and since I straightened it it seems week. As you will see the rudder just snap rolls the boat when I started putting in steering input at full throttle. Got change that to a better rod. One time it got air born because I thought I had enough speed to punch it out. But any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

The Cheetah is not a big boat and it is easy to push - running 6S with a relatively high amp draw can overpower it as a sport boat. Your current prop should give low 50s. You could go to an x648, that should up the speed to high 50s/low 60s.

I run a similar Kv motor (HET 700/82) on 4S with an x457/3 with speeds in the high 40s pulling 100 amps. In the rough water my club runs in the setup is good. I will try it on 6S next year just for fun, but I will not be able to keep it on the water in the low 60s....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Hi and thank you for your response. Would that X648 be in a two or three blade configuration? Also what kind of amp draw would I be looking at with that? I see the pitch and diameter are bigger. Thank you .

It is a two-bladed prop, even though it is a bigger diameter it has less blade area so may load the motor about the same. More pitch, similar rpm equals higher speed. You have to try it to know......It may require a different strut height.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Sounds like that would fit the exactly what I want thank you. I would assume it won't be so jumpy either when I tap the thottle as the two blade should have a little more slip vs the three blade. Its so damn touchy right now. My son and I built it and just put new batteries in it. Had four 6400 3s nanotech puffed one. Now use them on a blackjack 29. The gens ace seem to work out better and lighter. Still allot of battery but this motor is a bit of an amp hog. Is there any other props you suggest or other manufactures props? Thank you for your time. Such a wealth of experience to tap on this forum.

My buddy runs a cheetah on 6S with a 2000kv motor 457 prop and like Fluid stated once it gets into the low 60's it gets very unstable and easily gets airborne... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat