Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spektrum DX3R

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Before you spend a penny on XPS, check out his reputation on RCGroups. Caveat emptor. We have a guy at the field in PA who can't give away his XPS system (he upgraded to Spektrum, too). I was looking at his stuff very carefully before I settled on Spektrum.

Andy

Andy, thanks for the heads up. What were the problems?

Douggie

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=868199

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801036 - uses trainer port, not a module (ie, external JUNK to carry when you operate it).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8754803 (this shows what kind of guy he is)

As for problems at the field, he experienced some of the same reliability issues as other guys. Plus the perpetual "on backorder" problem, unkept promise dates, etc. just don't make for a good reputation. (I'm not perfect either).

Andy

Douggie, I have seen a problem with the Spektrum going into failsafe in a boat before. When the call was made to Spektrum they said that it is possible that the problem was from water reflection. He asks us to move higher up from the waters surface and that didn't help either. What it ended up being was the receiver voltage being too low. We ended up putting a new reciver pack in and the problem was gone forever. I have seen posts where Spektrum caused runaway boats and some that just didn't work at all. My guess is they either had a bad receiver/transmitter or did something way off base to cause the problem. I have run the Spektrum in Gas boats, electric boats, electric cars , nitro cars and Gas cars and have never had a bad experience to date. I hate to even write that for fear that I will speak to soon but I have nothing but confidence in Spektrum despite what others say. I am in no way saying that people have never had problems but I honestly wonder how many of them were user error??
    Team Liquid Dash

Andy, thanks for the info. I guess another vendor is crossed off the list. I am a tech geek and the XPS claims interested me, but as you state buyer be aware.

Douggie

Thanks Ray, As I trust your opinnion. Yes I am aware of the voltage RX problem and that is also true for FM systems

Thanks,

Douggie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12