Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up a new shockwave 26!

Just went run it on 4s.....

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Just went run it on 4s.....

Its almost as fast as my spartan now
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post
    Its almost as fast as my spartan now
    i forgot my prop box. it doesnt really like that cnc prop, the stock plastic one was faster last time i compared them, lol. next weekend I'll try again.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Is this now the fastest shockwave on the planet?!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    Is this now the fastest shockwave on the planet?!
    I don't know but 50mph out of a shockwave ain't to bad. Hahaha. Guess I'll see how far I can push it. I sent the video to a buddy of mine...he says something is wrong with me...I can't leave anything stock.

Thats some nice speed for a small boat. I just bought that esc to go in a minimono I'm upgrading and wondered if it was enough, cant believe thats the stock esc for a boat that size. Apparently the shaft welding itself to the bushing isnt limited to that proboat model. i was just reading its an issue on the blackjack 29 i just picked up (old version). Lots of other issues that make it another one thats not ready to run either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella1340 View Post
    Thats some nice speed for a small boat. I just bought that esc to go in a minimono I'm upgrading and wondered if it was enough, cant believe thats the stock esc for a boat that size. Apparently the shaft welding itself to the bushing isnt limited to that proboat model. i was just reading its an issue on the blackjack 29 i just picked up (old version). Lots of other issues that make it another one thats not ready to run either.

That little 30 amp esc will work well in a mini mono. We had one with that esc but the older version. Ran really good.

I'm pretty disappointed in proboat with this one out the box. The flex shaft is so cheesy I think a raw spaghetti noodle would last longer. It welded itself inside the stuffing tube on the second battery pack if I remember correctly. The hull itself is much better but I think they used elmers school glue to hold in the main tray that everything mounts to. Guy bought one at my local hobby shop and has had lots of trouble out of it. Luckily I did what I did otherwise I'd have given up on it. Hard to imagine you spend $230 on a boat then have to do all what I've done to make it work correctly. Proboat had some decent ideas on it but the execution of the ideas was lackluster at best. I wish they would let me do a slight redesign of it, with a few minor changes, it would be a fantastic boat.

it's funny how they put they cheap stuff in for us rc guys to pull out and upgrade. They actually sell a 6 pole 2000kv,motor!,wonder way that wasn't stock on this?The one place I found water to be coming in from is the hatch pin hole, I glued a piece of Styrofoam up under, that seems to work. I also use the Tupperware lid from the old version because I'm anal. On my first modified run I had torque roll and used modeling clay to counter it, I was using a oct prop 642. I'm trying to get 50 mph on a 11.1 lipo, any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm at 36 mph now with the aquacraft 2030 KV and waiting for a 120 amp esc. I tried a 3300 kv 4 pole motor with the 3s and stock prop everything got hot! back to drawing board.

it's funny how they put they cheap stuff in for us rc guys to pull out and upgrade. They actually sell a 6 pole 2000kv,motor!,wonder way that wasn't stock on this?The one place I found water to be coming in from is the hatch pin hole, I glued a piece of Styrofoam up under, that seems to work. I also use the Tupperware lid from the old version because I'm anal. On my first modified run I had torque roll and used modeling clay to counter it, I was using a oct prop 642. I'm trying to get 50 mph on a 11.1 lipo, any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm at 36 mph now with the aquacraft 2030 KV and waiting for a 120 amp esc. I tried a 3300 kv 4 pole motor with the 3s and stock prop everything got hot! back to drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhd48 View Post
    Good luck trying to get 50 on 3s comfortably. You'll find it's going to heat stuff up. I'm running 4s and going 54mph using a 2400 kv motor. You'll probably need about a 3500ish kv motor to get close on 3s but it's gonna be hard on the Esc. You got torque roll on a 42mm prop? I've run a x642, x443 and an x645 on it with no torque roll.

I think this is one of my last videos. Haven't run it lately.

Another

And one more

Nice job man !
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Couple of questions

And one more

Hey Trav, that video still impresses me! Just awesome work on your part. I've got a couple of questions. First how did you stabilize the rudder? 2nd Did you have to add any weight to it and where. I did a short test run on mine with the 3300 kv and 11.1 w/642 prop and tried to reset tabs lower but it still wanted to lift too much. I'm still trying to learn how to set up a sw26 for high speed. If I can get a good handling reliable boat at this point it would do. then I can check any heating issues ,if any. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, Tim

Quote Originally Posted by gearhd48 View Post
    Hey Trav, that video still impresses me! Just awesome work on your part. I've got a couple of questions. First how did you stabilize the rudder? 2nd Did you have to add any weight to it and where. I did a short test run on mine with the 3300 kv and 11.1 w/642 prop and tried to reset tabs lower but it still wanted to lift too much. I'm still trying to learn how to set up a sw26 for high speed. If I can get a good handling reliable boat at this point it would do. then I can check any heating issues ,if any. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, Tim
    Stabilize the rudder? I didn't do anything to the rudder. I might have added a little weight to it but not purposely. I added epoxy around the big tray that locates everything. I haven't had a lift problem. That 642 prop may be your issue. That's a lot of pitch and mine didn't like that same prop. I've tried a bunch of different props and mine like a 443 cnc prop the most. Hope that helps.

And here's the maiden video....

Glad I found this! I had someone point me to this thread! I'm new to rc boats, raced cars for awhile, flew planes, though lt I'd try boats. I just ordered mine the other day, though aside from this thread I haven't found much out there about this specific version of the shockwave.

Would that octura prop workout with the stock electronics? I plan on leaving it stock for now, maybe down the road I'll change it up. And will greasing the driveline possibly help prevent welding it?

My other big questions is I was wondering if you could measure the battery tray. I want to order some 3s packs but want to know how big I can order with out it not fitting. Proboat doesn't give specifics about what batteries work, or even suggest a pack to use for me to reference!

Quote Originally Posted by jirish617 View Post
    Glad I found this! I had someone point me to this thread! I'm new to rc boats, raced cars for awhile, flew planes, though lt I'd try boats. I just ordered mine the other day, though aside from this thread I haven't found much out there about this specific version of the shockwave.

Would that octura prop workout with the stock electronics? I plan on leaving it stock for now, maybe down the road I'll change it up. And will greasing the driveline possibly help prevent welding it?

My other big questions is I was wondering if you could measure the battery tray. I want to order some 3s packs but want to know how big I can order with out it not fitting. Proboat doesn't give specifics about what batteries work, or even suggest a pack to use for me to reference!
    Once more I'll recommend the prop that works the best on this boat. It's a 4314 cnc. Here's the link even. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=cnc-4314250

I'm not sure if the shaft issue will have been fixed by the time you get your boat but I heard from a reliable source there is an improved shaft in the works. It may not be available yet but it doesn't hurt to call proboat. You should always grease the shaft before every run. It may help if you use a good grease on it before your first run.

I'm running revolectrix batteries. It's a little long for the battery tray but still stays put. Revos run a little long but short in height. Any other lipo will work just fine. I recommend revos first, Spc racing next and gens ace after that. Any of those will work fine. If you don't mind overpaying for batteries there's a few others that will work including venom.

Once more I'll recommend the prop that works the best on this boat. It's a 4314 cnc. Here's the link even. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=cnc-4314250

I'm not sure if the shaft issue will have been fixed by the time you get your boat but I heard from a reliable source there is an improved shaft in the works. It may not be available yet but it doesn't hurt to call proboat. You should always grease the shaft before every run. It may help if you use a good grease on it before your first run.

I'm running revolectrix batteries. It's a little long for the battery tray but still stays put. Revos run a little long but short in height. Any other lipo will work just fine. I recommend revos first, Spc racing next and gens ace after that. Any of those will work fine. If you don't mind overpaying for batteries there's a few others that will work including venom.
    I was going to order some SMC packs just cause it's what I used for racing off-road lol. And thanks for the heads up I'll order up that CNC 4314 prop shortly. And yeah I'll give proboat a call and see if they got any news.

Is there anything else you'd recommend for this boat, or for me as a new boater? I'm pretty darn excited for it I won't lie!

I was going to order some SMC packs just cause it's what I used for racing off-road lol. And thanks for the heads up I'll order up that CNC 4314 prop shortly. And yeah I'll give proboat a call and see if they got any news.

Is there anything else you'd recommend for this boat, or for me as a new boater? I'm pretty darn excited for it I won't lie!
    I think am care the same cells as spc. I recommend getting 40c or higher. More mah the better too. Just take it slow. Drive it. Enjoy it. Then when you are ready to mod it, my setup is hard to beat for price and reliability.

I think am care the same cells as spc. I recommend getting 40c or higher. More mah the better too. Just take it slow. Drive it. Enjoy it. Then when you are ready to mod it, my setup is hard to beat for price and reliability.
    Well thanks for the heads up! I Will be back with more questions at somepoint forsure!
    Last edited by jirish617; 05-28-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Also, do you think that prop is safe to use on just the stock 30a esc? I Just don't want to fry it.

Also, do you think that prop is safe to use on just the stock 30a esc? I Just don't want to fry it.
    I did with no issues.

Thanks KFx!

I ordered up that prop, do I need to keep in mind that it states it rotates counter clockwise when looking at it from the rear?

Kfx, what connectors are using from battery to esc?

I use castle 6.5mm green connectors

Kfxguy, I'm new to RC boats and this forum. I have a few questions about this particular boat. So if they sound dumb then please bare with me.

I'll start with the prop...

I bought the same prop you recommended (4314 cnc) for this boat. Also the Octura m645, mainly to cut my teeth on balancing/sharping props.
    Did you have figment issues with the cnc prop to the SW shaft? I noticed the cnc's prop hub id was quite a bit bigger then the od of the shaft. Also the cnc's hub is a little bit longer then the stock plastic hub which only leaves a 2-3 threads for the nut... Not enough to engage the nylon in the nut.

If so. What did you do to fix these issues?

Quote Originally Posted by duc76 View Post
    Kfxguy, I'm new to RC boats and this forum. I have a few questions about this particular boat. So if they sound dumb then please bare with me.

I'll start with the prop...

I bought the same prop you recommended (4314 cnc) for this boat. Also the Octura m645, mainly to cut my teeth on balancing/sharping props.
    Did you have figment issues with the cnc prop to the SW shaft? I noticed the cnc's prop hub id was quite a bit bigger then the od of the shaft. Also the cnc's hub is a little bit longer then the stock plastic hub which only leaves a 2-3 threads for the nut... Not enough to engage the nylon in the nut.

If so. What did you do to fix these issues?

I changed the whole flex assembly to .187. I did quite a few mods to make all this stay together. You could sand the hub shorter then file the notches back in. I wouldn't use an m645 on this boat, mine went slower with it when it was stock. Also I'm not sure if you know but those props produce dangerous dust when you sand on it. Wear a mask. Make sure you take off your clothes before the mask because you'll have dust in your clothes. I keep the prop and file wet as can be while working them so no dust is created them I clean up my area and throw the rags away I used to wipe the area with.

I know about the toxicity of beryllium. I have access to tyvex suits/lab coats, dust masks/ respirator, and plenty of gloves. I have that part covered.

Which flex shaft and drive dog did you use?
    Last edited by duc76; 07-15-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Kfxguy how did you mod the stuffing tube so you can adjust the strut on the green Shockwave 26.would u have any pictures

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast