Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just picked up a new shockwave 26!

Quote Originally Posted by rcboone2000 View Post
    Kfxguy how did you mod the stuffing tube so you can adjust the strut on the green Shockwave 26.would u have any pictures
    It's pretty involved. I removed the factory drive tube. Drilled a big hole in the rear. Made a brass flood tube and epoxied it in. It's not a easy mod and requires permanently modifying the hull.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Ok that's what I did I removed The stock tube and replaced it. with a piece of bigger tube soldered to it to make a wet well then I drilled the hull to take the bigger tube then epoxy it all in.then I made a bushing for the strut.I can now move the prop shaft up about 3/16" almost level.I found a picture of what u did.Thank you for replying .

Hi all! How's everyone running this boat?
    I'm thinking to getting empty hull and build it ground up ... Or kfx selling yours ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yiming View Post
    Hi all! How's everyone running this boat?
    I'm thinking to getting empty hull and build it ground up ... Or kfx selling yours ?
    I sold mine a while back
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I sold mine a while back
    😭😭😭
    Should I build Frm ground up Frm empty hull ?
    This model old enough
    Maybe newer model coming out

Kfx
    What's the mah of the 4s you use for the 50mph run?

Quote Originally Posted by Yiming View Post
    Kfx
    What's the mah of the 4s you use for the 50mph run?
    Aside from weight, the capacity of the battery (mAh) determines runtime, not speed.

I wouldn't spend much time building this hull, or spending a lot of money on it. It's a fun boat to start out with, but has lots of limitations if you plan to make it faster than stock. The strut has no bearing and wears out quickly unless modified, the prop shaft is set too low on the keel making the boat unstable at speeds over 30mph, The ESC is barely large enough for the stock motor, the hull is plastic, etc.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Understood on the mah
    But want to know what's kfx is using.
    Any ideal where is the ideal to position so the prop shaft is not too low on the keel?

Electronic is price resonable nowday
    I'm staring off Frm new empty hull so my
    Investment not started Frm $230 rtr
    I just like the look of it ....I have enough of my those mean machine ,avenger,cheetah,mystic5000c looks ...all out build all not nice look Frm outside...not cute I should say.

Don't need to be super fast ... 50mph is enough 😬😬😬😬😬😬

How about a 5 min run at 34 -35mp on 3s 5000 mah and it a cool/warm temp? haven't tried with 4s yet. a good speed and good handling/control. I used suggestion from kfx guy and my own testing. it's not bullet fast but moves out good! Let me know if you want the set up and pics.
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Gearhead48
    Nice red sw pic you have in ya avatar

Yes a good boat will run nice when slow
    And go fast when you need !

Cmon show us what u have !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Racer View Post
    Man that looks awesome.

Love the color and graphics
    THATS what sold me onto the Shockwave, i LOVE that colour,and the graphics are great, as is the overall finish, and havin the metal rudder and fins etc just makes it look a quaility boat. Im really lookin forward to getting mine.

i just got one for my son. 2nd run and collet died lol .. went to remove and have a motor mount screw that wont come out, im guessing there is a nut mounted under that tray. also noticed the teflon liner is paper thin on the motor side of the tube.. i emailed proboat and awaiting an answer as i cant tighten motor down to run after second run. on 2s none the less...

If trying to remove motor, take it of with the 2 in the motor front, I also stripped the mount screw under the tray! The stock collets are not worth snot! Mine did the same thing! Replaced mine with OSE product. I also went through the work of replacing the shaft tube to 1/4 inch and upgraded shaft and liner from the SV27 and a shaft retainer as to not lose the shaft . You do need to keep the shaft lubed after each time running. As great as these boats are they do have minor issues. The ESC is under rated, The Aquacraft 80 amp is a good cheap replacement. If you were to do these options you could run a 5-7 min run AT around 35mph with a 3s 50c and a 642 prop. The collet, drive train and ESC are the major weakness! Me and my son who's now older have a good time with the 2 we have but having durability/ efficiency is key! Speed is just adding more fun. I hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have more questions. Tim
    SW26 V3 Green 35mph , Swifter Hydro 26. Delta Force 35. cars ,3 Rustlers 45-76 Mph.

Not quite sure I know what you mean by show us what you have? I've only posted 1 video on youtube of a 6s wipe out! After doing a ton of work on my red one to strengthen and speed up the stress still got to it! I recently decided to use most of the parts to put together a Delta force 35'', which will be done shortly. So I know have my green SW26 and a Blue one mildly worked and the orange Delta. If you'd like for my to post pics of anything let me know, if you'd like to see a video of the green SW26 I can do that as well. Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I've had some health issues and I'm starting back up. Also air pillows or pool noodles in the nose some type of floatation is needed to keep your boat! Tim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123