Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scale graphics

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    No offense to all you scale heads but.............scale is expensive. Holy crap. Adds up fast.
    I've never run any other type of boats. Are the other classes so different in cost? The other boats I've seen just don't appeal to me like the scale ones do. To me it's not all about speed. They just look soooooo cooool!! I'm hooked. I saw a little 2s rigger that had to be going 60 mph and I could only see the roostertail. It does absolutely nothing for me. The real boats have been a part of my life since I was a kid. Part of it's the history and I love it.
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

I'm in for $250+ already so far and I still have to buy skin, build it, and put real honest to goodness paint on it.

I can buy a Whip20 for $150 with a glass cowl. I can paint the cowl with a rattle can and leave the rest epoxy coated wood. No scale driver. No twice pipes. Hardware is about the same. Same power........sorta. Prop will require some imagination I think.

You just can't do justice to a scale (I think) and dabble. Your either going to do it right or don't do it.

Sounding kinda whiny here. Don't mean too. I've blown a lot more time and dough on toys that get a lot less run time.

I am looking forward to trying to find the speed in this. With a Whip or a PT I have a pretty good idea how to get there. This will be an adventure. I do have some ideas on that but little experience. Especially with them not turning right. ......................some you will see the homonym immediately. haha Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Coug90 View Post
    I saw a little 2s rigger that had to be going 60 mph and I could only see the roostertail.
    Well that I get. Snore. I know it's fast and all but it just......doesn't.............inspire. Maybe that's the wrong word.

I still like the offshore classes. So much driving going on. It's really fun when you get familiar enough with the guys you race with that you trust them to respect the lane and absolutely thieve it from you when you leave the gate open a hair.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by Coug90 View Post
    I've never run any other type of boats. Are the other classes so different in cost? The other boats I've seen just don't appeal to me like the scale ones do. To me it's not all about speed. They just look soooooo cooool!! I'm hooked. I saw a little 2s rigger that had to be going 60 mph and I could only see the roostertail. It does absolutely nothing for me. The real boats have been a part of my life since I was a kid. Part of it's the history and I love it.
    I gotta say I just ordered my first. I have several other types and 2 guys showed up at our club with a couple of shovel noses and I had to have one. I have been building scale planes for a long time and love the whole scale thing. It is a real challenge to get it looking just right. The big difference is a 9 month build turning into a pile of sticks with one mistake. I think I like boats
    Blackjack 29. Deltaforce 33. Cheetah twin, Insane FE30
    1/10 1970 PaynPak, Aeromarine Jersey Skiff

Quote Originally Posted by rdcracer View Post
    I gotta say I just ordered my first. I have several other types and 2 guys showed up at our club with a couple of shovel noses and I had to have one. I have been building scale planes for a long time and love the whole scale thing. It is a real challenge to get it looking just right. The big difference is a 9 month build turning into a pile of sticks with one mistake. I think I like boats
    Once I saw the scale boats pull up on plane by themselves, I was hooked on the electrics. I was already hooked on the hydros. No toss starting or turning to the right for me man! Go fast, turn left!
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

That toss thing only happens in nitro around here.
    Noisy person

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12