Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scale graphics

Default Scale graphics

So who is doing graphics for scales these days?

Going to need Oberto graphics for an 8255.
    Noisy person

Terry. An 1/8th scale? I have had one in my basement for years. Where you going to rave it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry. No Howard. 10th scale. It's for Ty. Christmas present.

He's been bugging me to build one for nearly a year now. Ordered a frame kit from ML. Trying to get a canopy from a very skilled racer from the left coast. I'll need graphics eventually.

Plan is to teach Tyler how to actually build a boat. Maybe he'll be a little kinder to it while racing.
    Noisy person

Terry you can try this link I don't know if he still doing any. http://www.thunderboatgraphics.com/
    :canada

You can check in with monojeff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff should be able to help. Are you doing the 82 or 84? Same hull a little different paint and the 84 has a wing
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

No wing. PIA to get it just right. Still haven't heard back from my canopy source. Might have to make one. At least it's an easy one.
    Noisy person

I sent an email to Mike because I know he already has the files. Not sure if he's still doing boat graphics.
    Noisy person

I think he is still doing Graphics just kind of hard to get a hold of. Mitch Dillard in Classic Thunder should be able to provide a cowl.
    http://www.hydroscalecreations.com/C...s/Canopies.htm
    Billy Graham

There is a thread on IW about mikes graphics so I think he is still doing some I don't know if maybe only 1/8. I did try back in the summer to get some 1/10 Hallmark Homes but had no luck could
    of been to much hassle sending them to Canada I understand that.

Terry,

contact Wes at westleyscustom.com, he has what you need.

all the best,

ray
    Last edited by RayR; 12-06-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Found Wes. Apparently I have to call there.

http://www.wesleyscustom.com/
    Noisy person

mike McKnight in cali has done numerous boats..he did my bud and peters and may..as well as chucks oberto

I'm using Callie Graphics for my deepvee. She is making decals and vinyl masks for me and we have been going back and forth in email getting the artwork just right to my liking. She is very accommodating. Everything she is doing is custom work which I should be getting next week. When she gave me the price for what I'm getting, couldn't believe it. Going to probably send her extra for what I put her through. Check out her Photos page.

http://www.callie-graphics.com/

I've been using Callie graphics for scale and custom planes for around 6-7yrs. She is great to deal with and will work with you till its perfect....
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

I have all the graphics for this boat.
    This is local 1/10 scale 8255 Brian buass hull and cowl.
    Shoot me a PM if you want to talk more details
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Jeff that looks nice. Terry maybe Jeff can get you a cowl from Brian since you are having trouble getting ahold of him. Mitch Dillard does indeed make a lot of 1/10th scale cowls too!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

When I checked about 6 months ago, Mitch did not have an 8255 cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by RayR View Post
    When I checked about 6 months ago, Mitch did not have an 8255 cowl.
    Ray like that Winston Select in your avatar. I've always liked that version and came close to building one a couple times.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    No wing. PIA to get it just right. Still haven't heard back from my canopy source. Might have to make one. At least it's an easy one.
    Hey T, wings aren't that bad the key is to set the rear horizontal to zero. Once you've set the hull up on the set up board use an airplane wing incidence meter to set zero angle of attack. If your not familiar with what that is I'll send or post a pic. I've built many winged scales and set right they work great.
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

That looks good Jeff...

When I talked to Mitch I thought he did have a plug for the 8255 cowling his are vaccum formed.
    Brian's are epoxy fiberglass cowls. I have one on my dominos also.

I'll see if I can contact Brian for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Fortunately that one would be probably the easiest one to have to make
    Billy Graham

Ice done 4 boats with wings. Just another "thing" to make.

I made a Notre dame from scratch. This wouldn't be super hard to make if I had to. Glass over foam.
    Noisy person

If you're still looking for a cowling for the 8255 hull in 1:10 scale, I have them. If you or anyone else is looking for 1:10 scale parts, visit my site at hydroscalecreations.com The selection is growing all the time. Just shoot me an email with what you're looking for. It sometimes helps to send a photo of the real boat just to be certain you are looking for the right parts but have the year wrong. Boats changed so much from year to year and some even within the same year. I want to make sure you get what you really want and love to see photos of the finished projects. Let me know if I can help.
    Last edited by Coug90; 12-09-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: spelling errors found
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

Mitch, I'll shoot you an email in a bit. I didn't see the 138 on your list.
    Noisy person

As long as I'm all scaly here......what about exhaust, drivers, maybe a steering wheel? Are those things that most fabricate themselves? I have skills but if someone has done the work already........
    Noisy person

I found Mitch was great to deal with when I needed my cowl he even made a cowl for my son for his Miss Supertest that he didn't have and made it up for him. Terry try classic hydro for the motor
    http://www.classichydros.com/ as for driver look for 1/10 action figure you just cut their legs off. I think one of the best sites for 1/10 is http://www.classicthunder.us/

Scale driver.jpg

Hey, how did that Supertest III project turn out anyway? I never got any photos. Hope it went well. Supertest is one of my favorites. We have a guy in our club who has a really nice model of the Supertest III. His wife is from Canada and she is very partial to it. He says she doesn't want him to race it because she's afraid he'll wreck it. I have been using one of those vintage Evel Knievel stunt cycle figures for my open cockpit driver. You can find them often for sale on eBay sometimes with their original driving suits and helmets. I replace the helmets with my own, but they have a good look and adjustable arms and hands that can actually grip the steering wheel. I just cut them off at the hip. It's easy enough to fashion a life jacket out of some felt or they used to have these novelty golf balls that came with orange life jackets that fit just perfectly. Haven't seen those around for a while though.
    Mitch Dillard
    1:10 Scale Hydroplane Enthusiast
    hydroscalecreations.us, email:hydroscale@gmail.com

No offense to all you scale heads but.............scale is expensive. Holy crap. Adds up fast.
    Noisy person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast