Thread: Spektrum range issue?

Default Spektrum range issue?

Hi all a while back boating at the lake i fully charged my DX3S TX and noticed after the boat travelling about 400' the failsafe kicked in the rx in the boat is the SR33OOT,. Has anyone had range issue's with the DX3S system? Regards Andris Golts.

They are Infamous for having range issues on water. They make a Marine receiver which helps.

My DX3R-PRO with MR-3000 receiver has 'unlimited' range - well, at least out to 300 meters which is as far as I have tested it actually running on the water. I run the short antenna 5" outside the hull with the other at 90 degrees to it inside (RTFM), and adequate receiver voltage is important for functionality. BTW the boat is awfully small at that distance.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Andris Golts View Post
    Hi all a while back boating at the lake i fully charged my DX3S TX and noticed after the boat travelling about 400' the failsafe kicked in the rx in the boat is the SR33OOT,. Has anyone had range issue's with the DX3S system? Regards Andris Golts.
    The older SR-series RXs don't give good range over water. The newer SR-410, SR-4210, and other DMXR RX provide a better range, as far as Surface RX's go.

The MR-series (MR3000, MR200) are what you really want to be running.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Andris Golts View Post
    I have used this same TX/RX with the antenna inside a *fiberglass* boat and have had no range issues. Though I rarely go as far as you, lol, kinda like having ground level seats at Watkins Glen.

Quote Originally Posted by runzwithsizorz View Post
    I have used this same TX/RX with the antenna inside a *fiberglass* boat and have had no range issues. Though I rarely go as far as you, lol, kinda like having ground level seats at Watkins Glen.
    I used to run an SR3100 in my ELAM and NEVER had a range issue, but then, I only raced on official race courses with it. Trying to drive it out to 400 feet+ wasn't in the plan.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

For the first time ever ! I had a boat I setup for one of the newbie vets that had range issues. DX3E & SR301, in a abs hydro hull. I've been running Spek eqpmnt since they came out with the first DX6I and have Never had range issues. I think this one is a prob with a xmttrs range. I will just send it back to Horizon and as always with them it wont be any kind of an Issue, some the best CS in the hobby world far as big dealers go.... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Thanks to all for all the information i will be mailing the tx and all the 3 rx's im having issues with including the MR-200 WHICH IS GLITCHING. Regards Andris Golts.

By chance, are you running a castle esc with a savox servo, or just a savox or digital servo, if so you might cure your glitch problem by just adding a simple item called a glitch buster. I got 2 of them off ebay for 5$ shipped.....
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat