Thread: Phil Thomas bad hop

Default Phil Thomas bad hop

My PT 45 just developed a bad hop at the end of a SAW run. Instead of a smooth coast to a stop she will mini hop right off the water,about 2 inches or so, real fast repeatedly and sometimes dig in and flip around. Did nothing with the strut but have done slight modes to the same props I have always run.
    The only way to control it is to verrrry slowly get off the throttle. And one more thing, I use a Castle Mamba 1/5 ESC so dont know if its slowing the prop down faster than the old hydras used to. Very strange but I can work around the problem.

Some Castles can be programmed to have a delayed "brake" once the throttle is released. It is usually the aircraft controllers, maybe the Mambas too? Check the documentation.....
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Just checked the programming and yes you can program it but I have it disabled so that is ruled out but it could be these controllers pull the motor down a little faster that the old marine esc's they sold. I will test again this Sunday to get more data on it and see.
    Last edited by Gary; 12-04-2014 at 08:37 AM.