Thread: Please Help!!! Swordfish Data Logging Errors!!!!

Default Please Help!!! Swordfish Data Logging Errors!!!!

Fello OSEer's,

I have seen a laundry list of Data Logging Challenges/ Issues over the months with the Swordfishes and with down loading on computers and with what Windows system and all that...... Below I have 2 questions because previous attempts in other threads ( which I can't locate at the moment ) have failed me. My questions are below:

1). Can you download the data logging program on Windows 7, if so, please share and provide step by step instructions on how to do so cause instructions definitely don't come with the USB Computer Programming option

2). Currently I have it downloaded on Vista and it will show me all tabs for programming , however, when I go to the tab to "Show The Record Tab" to look at the logging this runtime error pops up ....The pictures below show what I'm looking at from log in to the Show The Record Runtime error screen.... Do I need to mess with GEAR RATE AND POLE numbers and if so where would I get that information? Please help me figure this out

20141201_110725[1].jpg20141201_110900[1].jpg20141201_110914[1].jpg20141201_110512[1].jpg
    Lot Boyz Racing and Marine Team...Get Hype!
    CF Shocker Twin - 93.4mph / CF Daytona Single - 80.2mph
    FG Shocker Single - 98.3mph / Miss Geico 24" Single - 72.3mph

Downloading and installing on windows 7 is different than vista and this is all downloads not just for the SF. I do forget the exact procedure, or I would walk ya thru it. If you google it there is a step by step. Gear ratio is one to one, pole count is going to depend on what motor you are running. Far as having to set these parameters on the esc, unless your interested in logging the rpm's then no. Cant help on the Vista prob...

Uninstall what you currently have.

Now re-install but not in your program files directory. I installed mine the the folder where I keep all my RC files and pics. After you finish installing, you'll probably get the "64 bit error message". If you do, run the "CP210xVCPInstaller_x64" application.

Why o why can't this logging be as simple as the Castle? Why make things complicated? The couple times I used it, it was simple as could be. Sorry if this doesn't help the question at hand but hopefully someone at swordfish will take note and try to improve this. I'm not looking forward to the issues when I finish my build with a swordfish 240 pro plus2.....
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

The logging itself works great. The PC software works great as well, once it's installed correctly. Now if only they could write a better install program.

This Swordfish thing is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more complicated than this needs to be. I will try some of the suggestions above in the next few days and test this weekend. They should include instructions for installation step by step on each operating system. No one should have to resort to "GOOGLE"ing "How to install swordfish data logging program"...... This is just simply sad. SMH ..... I'll keep everyone posted........ In the mean time , Please keep sharing your thoughts in case the suggestions above don't work out for me.

Any possibility of getting the software to load on Windows 7?

Get rid of Vista, works fine on windows 7.

Works fine on Windows 8 too

Quote Originally Posted by jcald2000 View Post
    Get rid of Vista, works fine on windows 7.
    Can you provide me the steps on installing. I would prefer Windows 7 or 8 because my laptops run off of those. I have been trying to find step by step instructions with no luck ( at least with what I found didn't work)

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    Works fine on Windows 8 too
    Rick,

Can you provide step by step instructions for Windows 8 installation as well. I am so exhausted with trying to get this whole Swordfish thing to work. I was a Sea King guy and still in, I was just trying to try new things and this has been a pain in my A#$ if you know what I mean! If it wasn't for me spending $135 for this thing I would have let this go a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msundsd5 View Post
    Rick,

Can you provide step by step instructions for Windows 8 installation as well. I am so exhausted with trying to get this whole Swordfish thing to work. I was a Sea King guy and still in, I was just trying to try new things and this has been a pain in my A#$ if you know what I mean! If it wasn't for me spending $135 for this thing I would have let this go a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago!!!!!!
    Hi msundsd5,

The problem is because HiFei software V4.xx is installed to system disk ‘C’ of PC and the security setting of ‘C’ stops uploading data for reason of risk to PC. There are three ways to solve the problem. 1) First is easiest way, if PC has more than one hard partitions, then change to install software to other hard disks from “C’’. 2) If PC has only one hard disk ‘C’, you can try to install it to a flash disk. 3) Change security settings of ‘C’, select PC user as ‘administrator’ and let all the permissions of writing and reading below are allowed. Save the change. Then try to upload data again.

Please have a try according to the above suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi msundsd5,

The problem is because HiFei software V4.xx is installed to system disk ‘C’ of PC and the security setting of ‘C’ stops uploading data for reason of risk to PC. There are three ways to solve the problem. 1) First is easiest way, if PC has more than one hard partitions, then change to install software to other hard disks from “C’’. 2) If PC has only one hard disk ‘C’, you can try to install it to a flash disk. 3) Change security settings of ‘C’, select PC user as ‘administrator’ and let all the permissions of writing and reading below are allowed. Save the change. Then try to upload data again.

Please have a try according to the above suggestions.
    I'm sorry but this sucks!!! I have been messing with this D*&^ program for months and so have it appears hundreds others. It should not be a "MYSTERY" downloading software. This has been the most ridiculous program to download I have ever came in contact with, just unbelieveable, makes me want to smash my PC cause I'm so mad!!!!!

I followed directions you have provided as well as others, I have an external Hard disk that I saved and installed program on and this is the error message I get now when trying to install on Windows 8 operating system.Invalid Port Number Error.jpg

I'm sorry but this sucks!!! I have been messing with this D*&^ program for months and so have it appears hundreds others. It should not be a "MYSTERY" downloading software. This has been the most ridiculous program to download I have ever came in contact with, just unbelieveable, makes me want to smash my PC cause I'm so mad!!!!!

I followed directions you have provided as well as others, I have an external Hard disk that I saved and installed program on and this is the error message I get now when trying to install on Windows 8 operating system.Invalid Port Number Error.jpg
    Hi,

This error because com port for ESC connection device is wrong or occupied by other devices. Please open ‘Device manager’ of ‘My computer’ to check the right com port number or change the com port number which be occupied to an available port number. Then open the software, select the right com port number and save it, and click on 'open device'.

Quote Originally Posted by Michlee View Post
    Hi,

This error because com port for ESC connection device is wrong or occupied by other devices. Please open ‘Device manager’ of ‘My computer’ to check the right com port number or change the com port number which be occupied to an available port number. Then open the software, select the right com port number and save it, and click on 'open device'.
    Now this error message........the saga continues..........Nooooooo Waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy this should be this difficult!!!Time Out Device Open Failed Error message.jpg

After you installed the SW to your external hard drive did you run the "CP210xVCPInstaller_x64" or "CP210xVCPInstaller_x86" (which app depends on whether you have an 32 or 64 bit OS) applications? How many Com ports have you tried?

I don't have time to do it tonight and I'm going to a funeral tomorrow. I can uninstall everything then re-install with screen shots probably on Sunday.

Michlee.......Can you please confirm that 4.11 is the latest SW version? I thought I heard that there might be a 4.12 version.

Can you also confirm the latest FW version?

I've created an how to on the install of the SW. Good Luck.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...526#post603526

Rick,
    1st of all Thank you for taking the time out to do this. Hopefully this will be the trick to assist us with a "Successful" download without having to have a degree in Data Programming. I would think if my companies product had this many issues that were being expressed from users of the product , they would have done something such as you and addressed the concerns but hey, what can I say. At the end of the day I am appreciative of your efforts and response so either way it goes I want to say, Thank you sir!!!

***On another note, What does it say about the manufacturer of this product that the people who are "BUYING" the product are "DOING MORE TO FIX THE PROBLEM" than they are........I'm just saying, that's not a good look for the company or business!***

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    I've created an how to on the install of the SW. Good Luck.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...526#post603526
    Download Successful and Data Logging works great......... YOU ARE THE BEEP BEEP MAN!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that I could help and that its working for you now.

Rick,
    1st of all Thank you for taking the time out to do this. Hopefully this will be the trick to assist us with a "Successful" download without having to have a degree in Data Programming. I would think if my companies product had this many issues that were being expressed from users of the product , they would have done something such as you and addressed the concerns but hey, what can I say. At the end of the day I am appreciative of your efforts and response so either way it goes I want to say, Thank you sir!!!

***On another note, What does it say about the manufacturer of this product that the people who are "BUYING" the product are "DOING MORE TO FIX THE PROBLEM" than they are........I'm just saying, that's not a good look for the company or business!***

First Id like to say that I agree that the hifei software is not the easiest to install.

I thought I would do a bit of a test. Since I already know how to install, I had a person here install the software on a 64 bit machine. I had her first glance over the instructions.

When she started, she picked where she wanted the software. Started the install and came to a point where the 64 bit error pops up. this was a stopping point where she had to go back to the instructions and find the small part in the instructions on what to do at this point. which is not that descriptive. She knew where she installed the program, when to that windows folder and by trial and error found the 64bit driver. She was done. and it took about 10 minutes.

I can now see how this is causing some issues with people that dont understand windows and need to find files to install drivers, instead of just running a program from the start menu.

I've asked Hifei to better describe this problem in the directions and how to fix it.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    First Id like to say that I agree that the hifei software is not the easiest to install.

I thought I would do a bit of a test. Since I already know how to install, I had a person here install the software on a 64 bit machine. I had her first glance over the instructions.

When she started, she picked where she wanted the software. Started the install and came to a point where the 64 bit error pops up. this was a stopping point where she had to go back to the instructions and find the small part in the instructions on what to do at this point. which is not that descriptive. She knew where she installed the program, when to that windows folder and by trial and error found the 64bit driver. She was done. and it took about 10 minutes.

I can now see how this is causing some issues with people that dont understand windows and need to find files to install drivers, instead of just running a program from the start menu.

I've asked Hifei to better describe this problem in the directions and how to fix it.
    This is much appreciated!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Absolutely appreciated!