Thread: Pearl Harbour Memorial Day.

Default Pearl Harbour Memorial Day.

As some of you guys are aware, I am also a member of a couple of Scale & Sail boat clubs as well as our Pine Rivers race club.

Sippy downs club member, Brian Carson, did a promotional video for WIN TV at our 'Sippy Downs' club, for the up coming Pearl Harbour Memorial Day next weekend. I hope it brings a few more spectators around.
    I'll be taking up a couple of my old Navy ships.
    Just thought I'd share it.
    Enjoy.

Very nice video. Loved the military ships and the sub firing torpedoes

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Would be interested in finding out about RC Kits for Military ships and seeing what you have
    Billy Graham

Sweet!!!

Love the pond and the facilities you have.

Thanks guys

Yes it's a great place to sail Doby.

Jim.
    Scale Navy kits can be pretty expensive, so I've never bought one but there are plenty out there.
    Here's a link to my 'scale' album with 8 Navy ships in it. All from different eras & all scratch built from plans or photos, except the Riva Cruiser & the Typhoon. They are static display models that I converted to R/C.
    I think I'll take the Thornycroft torpedo boat & the Confederate Blockade Runner.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...hp?albumid=320

That was beauty, thanks for it.
    Shawn

Can you tell me about the PT boat in the pic and the landing craft with the tank?
    Billy Graham

Sure Jim.
    The PT boat is a 44" semi scale model of the Higgins 78' PT Boat. Ply frame, balsa planked. Powered by a couple of Johnson 785 brushed motors on 3s lipo. It also has a sound card & speaker system of the original 3 Packard V12 engines complete with air startup.

The Landing barge.
    I'll let this build thread do the talking. Just scroll through the 7 pages & you'll get the full story.
    There's also some great photos from other guys with fully detailed "scale" landing craft.
    I've just recently sold the boat. But Alex is taking it to the Memorial day. It's always a big hit with the kids.
    http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1296526

What a great video I liked the birds eye view of the sail boats dancing around. The song was a classic in my books to.
    :canada

ezhitz.
    It was an appropriate song.

I just got back from the Pearl Harbour Memorial day at the Sippy Downs club.
    A great turn out of old Salts & some terrific models.
    Mark brought out the huge models of the Missouri & Yamato. Always an eye opener when they are launched off the 16' boat trailer.
    And then there was the Tennessee, complete with its own wharf.
    There were all types of boats there. From subs, to cruisers, to stealth ships.
    I took along my 44" model of a Higgins 78' PT boat.
    Enjoy the pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some more.

A few more.

And some more.

I wanna move to where ever you folks are...

Those models are simply beautiful That is some of the bets work I have seen.
    Billy Graham

I do feel privileged to be around these guys just about every weekend. They are very skilled modellers. Always with helpful tips & tricks for scale modelling.
    I'm glad you like the pics guys. I should have taken more.

WOW, being a Navy vet this is very close to my soul. Tks Paul, those are amazing ! Happy Holidays my friend... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Hey DJ.
    I only just saw your last post.
    In the two 'Scale' clubs that I belong to, there are some crusty old Navy vets that will bend your ear with stories & anecdotes all day. I would listen to these wise old men all day if I could. It's great that they have continued their love of the sea in their modelling skills. I trust that you will do the same. Don't get me wrong. I'm not implying that you are either old or crusty (yet) I'm talking about in the future.

Well we've made it through Christmas. Now we just have the New Years celebrations to weather. Have a good one.

Cheers.
    Paul.