Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Say it ain't so, PLEASE! Atomik Stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive...... http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-6500WC-74-Spartan-Pair.htm And they even come with a pump!!
    Yep quote "true 150 C". But it has 12swg wires!! They won't even match that current draw!!! Friggin comedy hour!
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    It's WILL ROBINSON!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oh yeah ! my age showing again
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    Looks like a great Xmas idea for Peterson... Ordering some now
    Just make sure they approved for "spec" use!

Maybe Giiligan will be in for some.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    In order to understand this a little better, change your point of view from one who has some experience in FE (and like Travis correctly observes : If you have to water cool your battery....youve got something wrong!) and think of yourself as the type of customer who's attracted to the marketing of products like Atomic : Box-Art Decal Boats for the new-to-the-hobby entry level boater. These (if my thinking is correct) are the sport running guys who very likely run long enough to overheat and overdraw their packs so watercooling them might make sense to them. It's all how you look at it. Atomic is in business to move product (as any successful business is) so they see a need (legitimate/sensible or not) and they fill it. Ka-Ching. Of course we're all to sophisticated to fall for any of these silly products (other than that goofy phone-thing in your pocket). And my Pet Rock
    I agree tony they came up with a option to sell product and they obviously did since they sold like hot cakes and all the 4s 5000mah 100c are on back order. Looks like a successful sale. So I "stupidity" isn't exactly an adjective I would use guys. They just came up with a way to sell some product and make some money. All successful companies do just that. See a demand and fill it.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Quote Originally Posted by Namba328 View Post
    I agree tony they came up with a option to sell product and they obviously did since they sold like hot cakes and all the 4s 5000mah 100c are on back order. Looks like a successful sale. So I "stupidity" isn't exactly an adjective I would use guys. They just came up with a way to sell some product and make some money. All successful companies do just that. See a demand and fill it.
    Just because they are on backorder does not mean they sold out. They may never had any to begin with.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I went on site and asked "how can you sell a water cooled lipo, but its not warranted for water damage" Their not posting or answering my ? wonder why....
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Its black and white. I used to watch Lost in Space to. I am old and slow LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDuc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Just make sure they approved for "spec" use!
    You guys better watch out... You know Peterson is lurking around somewhere!

Later,
    Ball

we think this is stupid,but we run water cooled rudders. now how funny is that----it all started some where!

Quote Originally Posted by bozo586 View Post
    we think this is stupid,but we run water cooled rudders. now how funny is that----it all started some where!
    Did I miss anything??
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    lol.... Yeah, we're old...

Oh man!
    memories
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

now that's funny...lol

congrat's----you got it----that is funny isn't it.

I was wondering if someone would notice the Maxamps one! lol
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Did I miss anything??
    Yup! My sense of humor!
    Quote Originally Posted by revoltrunner View Post
    now that's funny...lol
    congrat's----you got it----that is funny isn't it.
    As a punishment, I think I ought to buy a pair of these batteries and suffer!

save your money and suffering for something else, rc'ing is suppose to be fun and this tread made my day! happy thanksgiving to one and all!

Everyone who buys these has been "Grubered"... And they also must be Democrats... :)
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

save your money and suffering for something else, rc'ing is suppose to be fun and this tread made my day! happy thanksgiving to one and all!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

This thread made my day too, especially the "Lost in Space" video clip.

Sean
    Cool - we can exchange "gag" gifts at the next club meeting. I got a few more 2030's to get rid of.
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPeterson View Post
    Sean

Cool - we can exchange "gag" gifts at the next club meeting. I got a few more 2030's to get rid of.
    ooo free 2030's lol ill take em lol. Im still running them local we haven't changed yet. Hoping soon..... but we are trying to pass in for next year p-sport hydro which im extremely excited for.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

Hilarious Guys.... DANGER WILL ROBERTSON!!!
    Lot Boyz Racing and Marine Team...Get Hype!
    CF Shocker Twin - 93.4mph / CF Daytona Single - 80.2mph
    FG Shocker Single - 98.3mph / Miss Geico 24" Single - 72.3mph

Ready for the next laugh, I had previously mentioned that I had asked on their site how could they be selling a watercooled lipo but it not be warranted against water damage...well they did finally respond
    "A: Hello DJ,
    These batteries are designed to be ran in conjunction with your boats contained cooling system. The battery is to be used inside of a dry boat hull. You will run this water-cooled battery inline with all of your other water-cooled components.
    Thank you "
    Now talk about not actually answering the question ..... Happy Turkey day guys

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Ready for the next laugh, I had previously mentioned that I had asked on their site how could they be selling a watercooled lipo but it not be warranted against water damage...well they did finally respond
    These batteries are designed to be ran in conjunction with your boats contained cooling system. The battery is to be used inside of a dry boat hull. You will run this water-cooled battery inline with all of your other water-cooled components.
    Thank you "
    OK, now if you run this watercooled battery inline on the tail end of your existing cooling system between the last component and the outlet it probably won't be cooling the batteries it would be warming them! SO... I get it now!! This is a battery warmer NOT a battery cooler!!! HOW could we have not figured this out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Thank you "
    Yea that makes a lot of (NON)sense...LMAO...This is why you buy a lipo with good/true c rating then you will have no need to cool them. Not all lipo makers have true c ratings but we all know this:)

Tony got the Point.
    I remember a tech-discussion in germany regarding cells and oval rules half a year ago. There was stated, that with the extreme sensitivity of the current Generations (6,6Ah Aspec, etc.) at and above 60° watercooling could be an effective way to drive the whole capacity in a race without overheating/damaging the cells.

If it makes really sense in practice and how to get it ideally integrated (the temp dramatically rises in the end of capacity, for 80% of running time you do not want to cool your cells) is another discussion
    WR T-Mono 108.95mph

Quote Originally Posted by jim82 View Post
    Yea that makes a lot of (NON)sense...LMAO...This is why you buy a lipo with good/true c rating then you will have no need to cool them. Not all lipo makers have true c ratings but we all know this:)
    no one I know of has "true" ratings listed on the packs
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Many of us use setups that don't put the batts in this kind of peril. Doing so does not guarantee a win.

There are far better cells for the same $$ than A-spec.

So to make a battery cooler effective you may have to have a 3rd channel switch for a valve to incorporate the cells into the cooling cct. or have it's own separate system. Seems like if you just backed off your setup, you would not require this complication.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    Tony got the Point.
    I remember a tech-discussion in germany regarding cells and oval rules half a year ago. There was stated, that with the extreme sensitivity of the current Generations (6,6Ah Aspec, etc.) at and above 60° watercooling could be an effective way to drive the whole capacity in a race without overheating/damaging the cells.

If it makes really sense in practice and how to get it ideally integrated (the temp dramatically rises in the end of capacity, for 80% of running time you do not want to cool your cells) is another discussion
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ray

A little birdy just told me that you actually bought a bunch of these packs and are using reverse psychology to prevent others from having the edge you will next season.

Bad Ray.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast