Thread: Is this setup safe?

Default Is this setup safe?

I picked up a second hand Motley Crew that has had a 2030Kv motor from the UL-1 put in it with an upgraded flex tube, drive shaft and 2ch spektrum radio.

It came with this weird tuned x447 propeller. It doesn't quite seem right so I'm running a OSE 4514 cnc propeller which the motor and boat seems to like. It runs really fast and actually blew over backwards on me from a gust of wind today. I'm wondering if the 4514 propeller is a safe combination? The boat has good power and acceleration and the batteries are just slightly warm to the touch after a full run.
    IMG_1003.jpgIMG_1004.jpgIMG_1005.jpgIMG_0998.jpgIMG_0997.jpg

The 447 looks bent by accident buuuut, I've seen Fred Seiwert bend a prop all over the place and it runs very nicely.

Does the bending look even on each blade and are there any nicks on the prop?
    Nortavlag Bulc

The blades are symmetrically bent. There is no impact damage to them.

447 seems like a lot of prop for a 2030kv setup. I use the UL1 2030 for my p-limited racing hydro on 4S and max out with an x442-x642. I do use an x447 on a shovelnose hydro on 4S but the motor is 1500kv.

I wonder if those bends is to take pitch out of the prop to make it work with that motor.

Chief

Agreed.... good setup but bad prop.. I ran a x440 or a prather 215.. if you want to go faster you need a different setup.. for sure upgrade ESC. To pull more amps. And maybe a 4074 leapoard 2200kv.. lol that's what I have know and it flys..