Thread: kind off new

Default kind off new

was in to boats about 3 to 4 years ago i had 2 boats 1 a apache 57 and a Patriot hull Saturn 59 that have been sat in my garage for the last cpl of years ive sold the Patriot hull and most off the hard wear now these was running Zenoah engines

now ive still got the apache 57 minus the engine

so im looking in to going electric with it as id like to try someting new

but dont no much about brushesless motors id like to hit some wear between 50 to 60 mph

so any help on what to go for would be great

A Castle 2028 and a 240-300 amp ESC that will do 12s is what you want here. You could also use the Proteus brand motor.

i notice the Castle 2028 Extreme is 800Kv motor is this the kind off power i need to be looking for to run my boat up to 60mph

i like to look at othere brands before i buy you see to see what i like

Quote Originally Posted by uncle winnet View Post
    i notice the Castle 2028 Extreme is 800Kv motor is this the kind off power i need to be looking for to run my boat up to 60mph

i like to look at othere brands before i buy you see to see what i like
    That motor he recommended is probably the gold standard in the bigger, affordable motors. You could always go cheaper, but that may not end up well. There are a couple other more expensive choices as well but it's hard to just recommend a $600-$800 motor to someone just getting into fe and not knowing their budget.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I have a complete motor(CC2028), aluminum cooling can(HRC), aluminum/carbon motor mount(OSE), .250 coupler(Jeff Wholt Big dog) and a Hiefei SF300 pro plus data logging ESC, ALL NEW. I'm building a 59" CRC Outerlimits. I decided to go twin with it so I need to sell these to further fund the project. I have over $675 invested but will part with for $625 shipped if your interested. Here's the thread on the motor combo

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...NEW&highlight=

I haven't posted the ESC yet but if your interested let me know and I'll put it on hold.
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

Guys, nothing against what is being suggested here, definitely top of the line components. But for someone just getting back into the hobby, it might be a bit too much $ to invest right off. Would not the big proteus in a D wind configuration work for this one ?... DJ

I missed that Shawn had already mentioned this motor...blame it on the meds from my operation.....yeah thats the ticket...
    Last edited by olwarbirds; 11-26-2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: DUH
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

been down at the lake today had a chat with a guy there who runs a similar hull to me and he said he runs his with a leopard 5698 has any body run these as they seem quite a reasonable price