Thread: Hi! New to Site!

Default Hi! New to Site!

Hi all. I love the site. I didn't see a new members intro section so I placed it here. Please move if not right, Admin?

I have been racing real and scale for a long time. Now I am into electric boats, also. I want to blow away a couple of people at my local lake "snicker". So I have a 12000 watt 44" Aquamarine from Chris Fine. Sweet looking boat. 300 amp esc running 44 volt 12s. I attached pics. It has not been in the water yet.

I would like to get an HPR someday. It looks like those boats really sit up and trim out right to me.

I work in corporate for the banks in IT. I am also in the drone business on the side.

If you like hot rods and other go fast toys, I have a 2001 Cobra with a blower, 2006 M6 and a new model cbr1000rr. If you like that stuff, let's talk. I also fly drones, electric heli, raced on road. Not bragging. Let's be friends.

So anyway thanks. TTYL.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by leadfinger; 11-24-2014 at 12:38 PM.

" The drone business " ???? " 16000watts ", sounds like you've been talking to Chris. Anyway, welcome to OSE.
    BTW, you're gonna need a bigger boat, LOL 201462119374325.jpg
    Last edited by runzwithsizorz; 11-24-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks. I dont want to misquote. I just looked it up. It is supposed to be the tp5670. It says 12,000. Ill change that. Thanks!

First off welcome to the forum, there are a lot of great guys on here with tons of knowledge. Some of our older gentlemen have been RC boating since they were using Electric eels for power I don't want to hurt your feelings but it's been my experiance that you won't hear much good about Fine Design on this forum but anyway good luck with your boat and have fun!

Welcome....... Take in all the feedback, knowledge, and advice from the wonderful guys on this forum and make it work for you!
    Lot Boyz Racing and Marine Team...Get Hype!
    CF Shocker Twin - 93.4mph / CF Daytona Single - 80.2mph
    FG Shocker Single - 98.3mph / Miss Geico 24" Single - 72.3mph

Quote Originally Posted by leadfinger View Post
    Thanks. I dont want to misquote. I just looked it up. It is supposed to be the tp5670. It says 12,000. Ill change that. Thanks!
    Don't take me too seriously, just havin a bit of fun. THE continuous watts on that motor is 6500. The quick burst *maybe* 12000 but, PAHLEEEEEZE! lol. To advertise, and
    promote such a number as a constant, goes beyond the pale. Again WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

Welcome Aboard - Ahrrr....(There be no Pirates Here)

FE boating is a time consuming exercise - no time for other toys

Oh Wait -

bike show010.jpg bike show021.jpg

bike show017.jpg
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Man, that red bike is sweeetttt!!!!
    Lot Boyz Racing and Marine Team...Get Hype!
    CF Shocker Twin - 93.4mph / CF Daytona Single - 80.2mph
    FG Shocker Single - 98.3mph / Miss Geico 24" Single - 72.3mph

Quote Originally Posted by msundsd5 View Post
    Man, that red bike is sweeetttt!!!!
    Which one? Lol. Welcome to the forum leadfinger!
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

Hello, welcome to forum. As you've already read, the place where you bought your boat isn't very popular around here.I would give the boat a real good looking over before heading to the lake with it. The positioning of esc looks like there may be issues with cooling lines being pinched. If you been quoted speeds in mph based on the number of cells you run things may need to be sorted out some.
    What kv is the motor? Can you post some pictures of the transom with hardware on and a few pucks of the inside showing servo mount, how the esc is secured, wiring all plugged together etc. I'm not so sure how a strip of velcro will hold a battery in a high speed crash, probably not very good. We may be able to give you pointers on making your first day at the lake a success.
    What battery combinations were you advised to run and at what c rating? Sounds like you've got plenty of rc experience but there may be a few pointers from some of the veterans here to make things better all around.

Hey wow all thanks for the nice welcome.

I had heard the stories about where I got the boat from. I called. He seemed straight up with me on several occasions so I gave him a chance. I wanted an HPR but the people weren't getting back with me from overseas and I get impatient sometimes so there you go. It wasn't cheap. It looks like good luck flipping it ever, huh? I hear all the advice before putting it in the water. I looks sealed pretty good. Will test in a pool or bathtub I guess like I have seen you all doing. The parts aren't assembled on the inside. Just laying around. I had it sitting in a friend’s hobby shop. Good eye, Fella1340. BTW, those boats in your pics looks great. They are like what I was looking for. I love carbon fiber just like the next guy. Oh yea battery was going to be like 2 x 6000 65c 6s in series = 12000 x 1 x 65c x 12s.

Nice paint. Nice bike. Nice toys, Chopper.

Here are some pics for you to play with too. BTW, I love seeing the records you guys hold in your sigs. That's bad ass.

but these are my favorites:

Hi all. I love the site. I didn't see a new members intro section so I placed it here. Please move if not right, Admin?

I have been racing real and scale for a long time. Now I am into electric boats, also. I want to blow away a couple of people at my local lake "snicker". So I have a 12000 watt 44" Aquamarine from Chris Fine. Sweet looking boat. 300 amp esc running 44 volt 12s. I attached pics. It has not been in the water yet.

I would like to get an HPR someday. It looks like those boats really sit up and trim out right to me.

I work in corporate for the banks in IT. I am also in the drone business on the side.

If you like hot rods and other go fast toys, I have a 2001 Cobra with a blower, 2006 M6 and a new model cbr1000rr. If you like that stuff, let's talk. I also fly drones, electric heli, raced on road. Not bragging. Let's be friends.

So anyway thanks. TTYL.
    those electronic speed controls have a bad reputation. if you decide to run the boat, try 1 minute at mostly full throttle (they all overheat at partial or low throttle) then check temps. good luck.

Really? Now that really stinks. If that is true and with the motor, then I get what you all are talking about. RRRRRRRRR.

but these are my favorites:
    I know what you mean, this is my favorite. DSC02857.jpgDSC02858.jpg

There you go! Beautiful dog. Nice coat.

Hi, John welcome to the OSE brotherhood. A great bunch of guys here who do know what their doing. You got a nice boat, but as pointed out you need to do some attention to details work. Go back and resecure everything, with all that power the chance of something torquing loose or coming loose while doing boat acrobatics is very probable. You dont need a 6S lipo bouncing around inside the hull !...Happy Turkey day to you and yours.... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat