Thread: A Little Disappointed with the T-180 v3 water inlet/outlet setup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Little Disappointed with the T-180 v3 water inlet/outlet setup

I've used dozens of the v1 & v2 T-180's for FE30 P-Sport builds. They hold up, are fairly water resistant, and with a little modding of the water inlets & outlets they could be narrowed with 90 deg. fittings to squeeze the batteries in alongside for proper cg. :

DSC04201.JPGDSC04248-1.JPG

When I saw pictures of the v3 I was happy to think that there now can be a less fiddly (yes I watch Top Gear) mod to keep the waterlines tucked in. I was disappointed when I saw this :

DSC06208.JPGDSC06211.JPG

While it looked from the pictures that there was three possible water paths to give some configuration options, the caps (kinda tiny and no extra caps like v2) block 2 of the three possible flow-through channels. In fact to get the return line back towards the motor I'll have to change the output straight barb fitting to a 90 deg and that won't tuck in too nicely .Going to be tough to use on riggers & OPC's too...

edit : spoke too soon ; this bump on the inputs contains 2 caps

DSC06214.JPG
    Last edited by properchopper; 11-23-2014 at 08:09 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono