Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SCSTA 2015 P-Ltd Cat / 1/10 Scale V & M / 1/8 Scale Race Dates

Quote Originally Posted by leonard feeback View Post
    Hi Everyone, keep an eye on this posting, we are monitoring the weeds at Legg lake. We don't want to burn up every ones equipment, if we feel the weeds are to bad we will not have the race until later in the year if possible. Don will be going out Monday to check the lake.
    looking fwd to update..

i registered for p ltd mono and cat. Figure i can just throw a limited motor in my pursuit and call it good.

HI Mike, that was what Ted said would be the was to go. drop down to ltd size motor and 14 volts and be good to go. Don is checking the lake today for weeds, the club DOESN"T want cause any damage to electronics because of water/weed issues. As Tony said in his post, no smoke please!

any updates on the weed situation

Hi Everyone, Don checked out the lake today. The call is we DON"T want to burn your equipment. There are weeds in the launch area and probably around other spots on the course. WE ARE CANCELING the race on Sunday June 28th. That's the SCSTA race NOT the NITRO race on Saturday. WE will try to put the race on later in the year. Please let everyone you know that races with us about this. Thanks,
    Leonard

Hi Everyone, after checking with many of the racers most wanted to keep the race on Sept. 20th. We checked with the Park dept. and moved the race BACK. Hope everyone will come out and support the last race of the season for the club.
    Leonard

Hi everyone, just wanted to let everyone that will be racing at the last scale race this season, that a FREE lunch will be provided for the racers entered. Also the first place winners will get a surprise gift. Hope to see you there.
    Leonard

not sure I can make it..gonna try

That's one of the reasons we moved the race back, you said you could make it. Hope you can.

come out and test one of the motors on the potential approved p ltd list. I have one of the tp1950 kv motors you can use to test proof of concept. Can't blame ya for not making it if ya don't after you miss a race you don't have much of a chance. 1st is out of reach but it is possible to make it to the podium, though somewhat unlikely. Speaking of p ltd cat here. It does make it more exciting with more boats on the water. I do wanna see how your experimentation is going.

mike the tp 1950 kv is a beast..i also have one..no way is that or should it be p limited..but we shall see

That's one of the reasons we moved the race back, you said you could make it. Hope you can.
    well I highly doubt ted is coming..but not sure..i think he is done..

Quote Originally Posted by TheShaughnessy View Post
    come out and test one of the motors on the potential approved p ltd list. I have one of the tp1950 kv motors you can use to test proof of concept. Can't blame ya for not making it if ya don't after you miss a race you don't have much of a chance. 1st is out of reach but it is possible to make it to the podium, though somewhat unlikely. Speaking of p ltd cat here. It does make it more exciting with more boats on the water. I do wanna see how your experimentation is going.
    the new cat has all changes completed..and it is dialed..faster and more stable..waiting for finalized mold to be done..then a carbon hull pulled..which will be lighter..im beyond stoked right now

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    the new cat has all changes completed..and it is dialed..faster and more stable..waiting for finalized mold to be done..then a carbon hull pulled..which will be lighter..im beyond stoked right now
    MMMMMM...............

Hand-picked motors-one-off custom CF hulls - Hey new guy - come join in and race with us with your store-bought rig. Get creamed.......( Hey, where djya go ?)
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

the hull will be available for purchase..just like a mean machine..or any other cat that isn't a rtr tony..geez

and its not like my motley was slow..just saying..

and this coming from the guy who created the jet chopper 30 I believe..the wiring debacle on the 2030s...lol..come on man..its not a prius

Cool

Really guys, this all goes back to the intent of P-Limited. Is it a cost-controlled class for everyone, a class designed to bring in new racers with RTRs so they can compete on a level playing field, or is it simply a P-Lite class? Until NAMBA (or each club) decides what the intent is, there will be limited-edition hulls and higher-performing motors available to compete with off-the-shelf RTRs. (If an RTR like the Motley Crew was so fast, why design a different hull? Looks or performance? Both?)

I don't race in your events but my club runs three different P-Limited classes, so I am very interested in the intent of P-Limited....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Ray my Friend,

You of all people see firsthand how hard I work to promote electric racing in L.A. Not only to stimulate growth, but both to stem the drop-out rate AND attract new blood to fill in for those who have left (Prayers for Jesse & Stephen BTW). Last weekend only 2 out of three FE classes made the cut and the Nitro/FE race this coming weekend - well you know what's going on there. To attract fresh entries both from new-to-FE folks + the IC crossover ranks it needs to be as easy to get into as can be at least until we can readily populate the classes. Running (mildly-if anything) modified off-the-shelf rtr's would be the best way to attract. If a newbie "watcher" sees some "exotic" (sorry, the word's a little overboard-it's early) boat cleaning up there likely will be understandable hesitation to join the fray. Even you and Hilton with your mildly tweaked racers make me feel like "what's the use?" lol.

That's where I'm coming from. But I'm pretty sure you know that. Heck, I've always quietly encouraged one-design or "Iroc" classes but whatever

Oh and the JetChopper was Leo Ho's baby - I just did the promotion and record setting with mine + built several for customers.

As far as the "wiring debacle" with the 2030's : I got that rolling ONLY to rescue and re-use a tired motor with bad insulation, not to pump it up for faster race times.

Final Word : ( See You Soon)

".....come on man..its not a prius ...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdp5WOMvx5k

Tony
    South Bay Home For Terminally Bewildered FE Racers
    Last edited by properchopper; 09-02-2015 at 01:29 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

We need to take up a collection for Tony so he can get a haircut. Check video above.

We need to take up a collection for Tony so he can get a haircut. Check video above.

How about paying for some baldspot implants & my WeightWatchers membership ?

Hey Everyone, the intent of this thread was to inform people of our races and inform everyone of changes in dates. I'm with FLUID though about the RTR class, don't drive the new boaters away. This thread is not a forum who can put the biggest motor in a small hull. Let keep it lite here.

Tony, you always want more.

Tony, you always want more.

As long as there's donuts involved

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    well I highly doubt ted is coming..but not sure..i think he is done..
    I will be at the race on the 20th

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    MMMMMM...............

Hand-picked motors-one-off custom CF hulls - Hey new guy - come join in and race with us with your store-bought rig. Get creamed.......( Hey, where djya go ?)
    Some day I will show up with my boat and we can have some fun! Rolling Ghetto is out of storage and back on the road.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

well if you don't mind my ugly boat(modern) lol..I will try and make it..i guess I will leave the new cat on shore and bring out old faitful..lll..though last time that slow boat lapped the field..hehehe...and the intent of p limited and motor discussion is on in full effect on forums..lets leave it there..and tony..i still love ya man..i knew you would catch the not a prius phrase

The SCSTA would like to thank everyone for their support of the club this year. For those who attended the race enjoyed a free Subway lunch.
    Leonard Feeback

The SCSTA would like to thank everyone for their support of the club this year. For those who attended the race enjoyed a free Subway lunch.
    Leonard Feeback

Leonard and the SCSTA race committee : It was FUN FUN FUN Really kicked back and like a family picnic.

BTW I was wrenching during lunch so could you bring my sandwich to the annual get-together ? And at least a donut for catching the outboard before it went down......

Tony

Tony, No sandwich I ate yours SORRY!!! Next time you will check the transom claps won't you. But thanks for saving the motor, I would have hated to see you swimming for hours to find it.
    Leonard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234