Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 75+mph 26" carbon fiber cat

Quote Originally Posted by tjdabomb View Post
    they don't give those batteries away. Did you have to take out a second mortgage? :p
    Dude they are cheap! A 4s pack cost $65 after you use coupon code Revoblend111 for 20% off.....price them with that code...
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Oh sure... if you have the "code" haha

that code work for any/all of their products?

Oh sure... if you have the "code" haha

that code work for any/all of their products?
    Honestly I'm not sure
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

So what draws you to this batt manufacturer?? Something special about them? just curious.

So what draws you to this batt manufacturer?? Something special about them? just curious.
    Good question!
    1) for the money, (and more) they cannot be be. I've tried much more expensive bate rise and they clearly don't perform as well.
    2) They are tough. I have not experienced a problem with one yet. 3) they are consistent. I measured the internal resistance in a bunch of packs I have the other day and all of them but one read 2mO per cell. The one that read different was barely different. They also are the best balancing packs I've had. They are usually dead on or off by .01v per cell.
    3) I like the way they are sized. I could not get 8s in my rivercat or 7s using a 4s on one side until these batteries. They are shorter in height but a tad longer and a tad wider than other packs. Everything I have, if it's pressed for space it's the height that I have issues.
    4) support. You have any questions and they have always got back to me in a day or so. I've asked for new replacement labels because I messed a couple up...they sent them to me. I called another battery manufacturer one time trying to get a replacement label for an almost new battery I had that I tore the label on....not only did it take about 4 days for me to get in touch with someone (they never returned my email so I kept calling) the guy pretty much laughed at me and told me sorry he couldn't help me.
    And last and most importantly. ...putting money where the mouth is....real world tests speak better than me just telling you so read this...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...t=battery+test

Have you checked out the prices? With the coupon code I gave you in the previous post there's no reason to buy anything else unless you just have to have higher than 5500mah. Every time I've ordered it's only taken 5 working days to get them. Read the thread "revolectrix" also....you'll see a bunch of other very happy customers.
    Last edited by kfxguy; 01-21-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Went ran it today on 4s with the 1515 2200kv castle. I was pretty impressed with it. I ran it in a river that was choppy and a decent amount of wind. It handled it well buy I wasn't brave enough to go up on voltage. It was about the same speed as the 100 kv on 6s with me running the 2200kv on 4s. I didn't gps it or video it unfortunately, we had alot going on. We were running 4 boats at the same time. I was running the shock wave (which I had the gps in and it hit a new best of 53.8mph) and my son was running the mini. Friend had a sv27, ul1 and a motley crew out there. The motley crew really impressed me. That boat runs smooth and stable. Anyway, I'll be updating as I progress...

Sounds like a fun day out Trav.

The HV Silvers look nice.

-Chad
    Last edited by FORT-26; 01-30-2015 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FORT-26 View Post
    The HV Silvers look nice.

-Chad

http://www.store.revolectrix.com/Pro...70C-427HV-LiPO

Well I hit a new best today. I'm not impressed yet but I'm not disappointed. I didn't put any tuning effort or prop changed into it. Just threw batteries in it. Here's what she did

I'll post some video of it later

I forgot to mention this was with a aluminum CNC 443 prop. It's got ALOT more left in this boat.

Forgot to post a video...my son driving, he didn't hang on to it long...I guess he was getting nervous. Btw, this is the castle 1515 2200kv on 6s. Never ran hot, using a mamba monster 2 esc with water cooling. We ran it quite a few times too.

I did a couple props up the other night. A x642 detounged, thinned and sharpened. It turned out pretty nice. Then I detounged the x443 CNC prop and sharpened it and thinned it a little. Mainly want to see what the difference in a tounged prop and detounged prop was, speed wise. Stay tuned on that, might be interesting. I also had the chance to "de-fin" a castle motor last night. First time I had ever done this. This guy I know had a castle motor he had sanded the bottom of the fins off the motor and wanted to use it in his motley crew. Well the o rings would not stay in the grooves so I chucked it up in my lathe and shaved em off. Check it out....I'm gonna do this to my motor that's in this boat....I really like it.

Update with some good info. I tried the prop I did, was the exact same prop, just thinned and detounged. It picked up.

Then I tried an x642 I worked. The bats were in the 3.9v range at this point.

And here's the video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12