Thread: Has anyone used this device?

Default Has anyone used this device?

Curious if anyone has tried this.............

http://www.atomikrc.com/collections/...-glitch-buster
    Attached Images Attached Images
    NEED PARALLEL CONNECTORS?? QUALITY 5.5MM, 8MM, 8 AND 10 AWG, GET THEM HERE: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...est!&highlight=

they work great with my boats----i used them this year on every boat i ran! didn't have any signal problems all year.

Yup.
    I had a Traxxas Stampede that I upgraded with Novak BL motors and the servo would always glitch no matter what i did, put one of these on the Rx and it was great!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by bozo586 View Post
    they work great with my boats----i used them this year on every boat i ran! didn't have any signal problems all year.
    Sweet!
    I'm going to pick up about 6 of these
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Yup, when ever I have a glitch problem I use one of them and 99.9% of the time it cures it! At one time NitroRC was giving them away with every servo they sold, that's how I found out about them.

What if you don't have a extra spot on your receiver ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3-UP View Post
    What if you don't have a extra spot on your receiver ?
    It works in the bind location as well. I use in in all my RCs (cars and boats). It's cheap insurance against glitches.

I wish Steve carried them. Kintec sells them (hard to find but it's right on the home page).

You can make them soooo easily......

Fyi, if you use a receiver pack or an external bec, you can put it on a "y". It works the same way a cap bank does with batteries.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Can you make one as well? So you have an extra capacitor and just slaughtered it onto the wires itself.

Solder

Quote Originally Posted by littlepooper206 View Post
    Can you make one as well? So you have an extra capacitor and just slaughtered it onto the wires itself.
    Yes. When I get home I'll look at one and tell you what cap to use.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

It's only $4 at Kintec.

The cap is in the 3000uf range and anything over 10V. Easy to make it you have the female pins and connectors..........or butcher an existing cable.

I have been using them for years in many of my cars. Savox servos draw a lot of current, and Spektrum rx's are sensetive to low voltage, together this combination has become notorious for "brown outs", enough that AMain hobbies actually puts in a footnote warning on the Savox servos that suggests capacitors with this combo. It basically backs up a weaker BEC from voltage drop browning out the receiver under servo load. On my track, with very high speed/high torque Savox servos, every time I hit an "S" turn, where the steering went full left-full right, I would get a brown out and the ESC would have to reboot. The glitch buster would fix it with most, but so would a good external BEC, which I ran for higher voltage servos. I also never had the issue with nitro cars that ran a rx pack, and those had 2 of the same high speed/ high torque servos operating at once. I personally haven't had this problem in any of my boats, even the 2 with savox servos, perhaps because the use an rx pack, perhaps because the servos are slower, or maybe just not as much load, but they certainly wouldn't hurt. I have tried them in all my boats when trying to resolve reception issues, but they didn't help my particular issue. A simple "Y" harnesshttp://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=dh-1614f does the trick if all your rx ports are taken, like with the MR200.
    Last edited by kevinpratt823; 11-15-2014 at 05:18 AM.

No, I use Futaba FASST and get no glitches to bust.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    No, I use Futaba FASST and get no glitches to bust.
    Ditto with my Tactic systems..

I wonder if this can take the place of a cap bank soldered across the power leads on an esc? It's doing virtually the same thing, albeit with less capacity.
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

No. These are too low of a voltage.

Wasn't thinking about that - I must be more tired than I thought. Thx!
    Legend 36 sailboat, KMB Powerjet Ed Hardy Viper, ABC jet pwrd BBY Oval Master, ABC Hobby Jetski, NQD Tear Into's, HK Discovery 500, MickieBeez pwrd Jet Rigger!, Davette/Gravtix jet sprint, KMB Powerjet Pursuit, NQD pwrd Jet Catamaran!,Steam pwrd African Queen, Sidewinder airboat, Graupner Eco Power

16V3300uf
    any brand, any spec.
    anything is better than nothing ... and has a noted improvement in some setups.

if you can, dont plug these to the Rx ..put them inline from the bec/battery ...
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @